+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR holder with visa <3 months willing to book tickets in Vande Bharat Mission from India to Toronto

tanujiter153

Jun 5, 2020
I am having valid COPR(Confirmation of Permanent resident) with a single entry visa(expiry date: 20th July,2020)As per Canada immigration guidelines, I am exempt from travel restrictions as our PR application was approved before 18th March.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before
(Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020 : If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.)

As per MHA guidelines II, there is nothing mentioned about COPR visa eligibility. It's only mentioned about OCI, greencard holders and indian nationals holding visa with residual validity of 3 months.

Could you please confirm if I am eligible to book tickets under VBM initiative.

Reactions: VeerRaj

sridharreddy1

Jul 13, 2019
Hi, I am looking for more information on this but unable to find concrete information. However, I was told that if destination country allows entry then the ticket can be booked with AirIndia, is what I was told in my last enquiry.
My CoPR expires on Jul 4, and planning to travel too. Get in touch with me on tammi_star on insta or snap, Or email on tammi.aqua@gmail.com
- Shilpa Wagwade
Hello,

According to the below notice, Permanent resident applications approved before Mar 18th are exempt from Travel restrictions.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before

I booked my Air India flight via the Vande Bharat service for 20th May and will be coming to Canada. You can do the same.

rd0640

Jun 4, 2020

Shilpa D W

May 10, 2020
Is it 20 June???? When is your Visa expiry?????
I have my flight on 30th Jun, and expiry on 4th Jul. I hope that's not a concern to board the flight.

Hello,

According to the below notice, Permanent resident applications approved before Mar 18th are exempt from Travel restrictions.

I booked my Air India flight via the Vande Bharat service for 20th May and will be coming to Canada. You can do the same.

T_2020

Jun 8, 2020
My COPR is expiring on 1st July and booked the flight on 29th June via Vande Bharat Mission. Will Air India allow to board the flight? Did anyone comfirmed?

Shilpa D W

May 10, 2020
I am also concerned of the same, unsure on that. I am trying to find out, but finding it hard to get a reliable source.

sridharreddy1

Jul 13, 2019
On a post on another thread, a person mentioned that they were able to travel to Canada using Air France flight from Mumbai to Paris and then an Air Canada flight from Paris to Toronto. They landed in Canada 2 days ago.

As far as I know, Air India officials should not have any objections admitting passengers as long as they are allowed entry into the destination country. I have booked my flights for 21st June from Delhi to Toronto on an Air India flight. I am travelling with my spouse and kid so I have done considerable research to ensure that the travel will be allowed.

T_2020

Jun 8, 2020
On a post on another thread, a person mentioned that they were able to travel to Canada using Air France flight from Mumbai to Paris and then an Air Canada flight from Paris to Toronto. They landed in Canada 2 days ago.

As far as I know, Air India officials should not have any objections admitting passengers as long as they are allowed entry into the destination country. I have booked my flights for 21st June from Delhi to Toronto on an Air India flight. I am travelling with my spouse and kid so I have done considerable research to ensure that the travel will be allowed.
When is your COPR expiration date? Is it less than 3 months?

joyjoyjoy

Aug 24, 2016
I am having valid COPR(Confirmation of Permanent resident) with a single entry visa(expiry date: 20th July,2020)As per Canada immigration guidelines, I am exempt from travel restrictions as our PR application was approved before 18th March.

(Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020 : If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.)

As per MHA guidelines II, there is nothing mentioned about COPR visa eligibility. It's only mentioned about OCI, greencard holders and indian nationals holding visa with residual validity of 3 months.

Could you please confirm if I am eligible to book tickets under VBM initiative.

hi,
My copr expires on 30 July ,I too am planning to travel in July from Delhi.
So far booked flight woth Air Canada but they cancelled.
Let me know if you are travelling from Delhi around the same time ,we can connect.
Thanks

tanujiter153

Jun 5, 2020

Air France???? Can we directly book with Air France now ?