+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR holder with visa <3 months willing to book tickets in Vande Bharat Mission from India to Toronto

manasajanaki

Dec 9, 2019
Is it 20 June???? When is your Visa expiry?????
I have my flight on 30th Jun, and expiry on 4th Jul. I hope that's not a concern to board the flight.
Hi,
Am flying on 27th June and My visa expiry is on July 16th. Am in the same boat as Yours but don't have anyone to confirm. If anyone does get an answer pls let Me know too

sridharreddy1

Jul 13, 2019
Hello All,

I landed in Toronto yesterday and the travel was smooth. Authorities in Air India did not bother about my status and the authorities at Indian immigration just asked me the reason for travel.

Upon arrival, the CIBC authorities in immigration took the documents for PR card and told me that I would get the card in 8 weeks. I was informed the I will need to apply for SIN online.

Regards,
Sridhar

• Love
Reactions: mpsqra

manasajanaki

Dec 9, 2019
Hello All,

I landed in Toronto yesterday and the travel was smooth. Authorities in Air India did not bother about my status and the authorities at Indian immigration just asked me the reason for travel.

Upon arrival, the CIBC authorities in immigration took the documents for PR card and told me that I would get the card in 8 weeks. I was informed the I will need to apply for SIN online.

Regards,
Sridhar
Hey congratulations!! When was Your Visa getting expired? Also, what did You tell them the reason for travel?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

Regards,
Sridhar
Congratulations!

FYI - CBSA was wrong about the PR card processing times (they generally have no clue about processing times). Processing of PR cards is currently around 15 weeks - plus you have to factor in additional time for mailing. So you're looking at 4-5 months to get the PR card.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I am having valid COPR(Confirmation of Permanent resident) with a single entry visa(expiry date: 20th July,2020)As per Canada immigration guidelines, I am exempt from travel restrictions as our PR application was approved before 18th March.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before
(Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020 : If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.)

As per MHA guidelines II, there is nothing mentioned about COPR visa eligibility. It's only mentioned about OCI, greencard holders and indian nationals holding visa with residual validity of 3 months.

Could you please confirm if I am eligible to book tickets under VBM initiative.
yes, you are

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
My COPR is expiring on 1st July and booked the flight on 29th June via Vande Bharat Mission. Will Air India allow to board the flight? Did anyone comfirmed?
you have to arrive July 1st

ashitaverma

Jun 29, 2020
My COPR expire
My COPR is expiring on 1st July and booked the flight on 29th June via Vande Bharat Mission. Will Air India allow to board the flight? Did anyone comfirmed?
Hi! did you get any confirmation on this? My COPR expires on July 16th and I need to book my flight via Vande Bharat Mission

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
On a post on another thread, a person mentioned that they were able to travel to Canada using Air France flight from Mumbai to Paris and then an Air Canada flight from Paris to Toronto. They landed in Canada 2 days ago.

As far as I know, Air India officials should not have any objections admitting passengers as long as they are allowed entry into the destination country. I have booked my flights for 21st June from Delhi to Toronto on an Air India flight. I am travelling with my spouse and kid so I have done considerable research to ensure that the travel will be allowed.
When did the person travel via Air France?

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hello,
To those who were scheduled to fly via Vande Bharat flights to Toronto in June - Did they let you board?
How did you book the Vande Bharat flight? Since Air India website shows all flights to Toronto as SOLD OUT. Kindly help!
Appreciate your time.