+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

Slldc

Jun 19, 2020
That means they will never process the request without $22? is that what you are saying? They never told me that. Also, i did my biometrics at NY VAC so is it applicable to everyone?
Ohh in that case you prob don’t need to pay. I did my biometrics somewhere else

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
$22 fee would be waived if you are submitting the passports to the same VAC where you submitted your biometrics

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
So, basically we are in a same boat. Mine was received on 11th but thereafter three days were public holidays. I completed 10 business days and you 9.

The wait is horrible

aj211191

Nov 3, 2019
Hi All,
I have been following this chat forum very closely and wanted to update anyone who is still waiting to hear back from VFS, that I just received my tracking number via an email. They received my passport on Feb 14.

Hope you get yours soon! Good luck.

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
We received stamped passport today:

My timeline:

Package received at VAC NY : 11th Feb
TrackingID generated: 28th Feb
IRCC sent package back to VAC NY: 2nd March
Package delivered: 4th March

Looks like currently average time to get tracking number at NY VAC is about 10 - 12 business days. Hope it helps. All the best!!

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
Hi,

my applications (which includes primary applicant , a dependent and US born kid) reached vfs new york on feb15 and since then i have been following up with vfs via phone, email , char etc. i even raised a expedite request ( which is of no use). As far as I know only mistake that i did was that i forgot to superscribe the packages with their mentioned text of “original passport submission with ref num”.
After a long wait somehow i got a email notification today at 8:10 est ( mar 4) with one tracking number. I am not sure if they would send a tracking number separately for the other two packages or not.
I am sharing my experience here as it might help other in someway

Reactions: thegudking

sarahali

Mar 5, 2022
Hi All.

I received a letter to send my original passport for Visa stamp on March 1. The letter was dated Feb 16 but I got it on March 1. This means IRCC has to receive the passport by March 16. Can someone please tell me the mailing address of the VAC center in New York where I have to send my original passport? I want to confirm it. Also what are the documents that I should submit with it. I know the information is provided but I want to confirm everything with someone who has gone through a similar sitaution as I am already on tight timeline so i dont want to make any error.

Also, is IRCC very strict with the 1 month time line and is there any way to get VAC centre to expedite the passport sending process? Is it possible that I send it directly to IRCC. Has anyone had their passport recieved by IRCC after the 30 days and it got rejected? That is my worse fair.

I am very stressed an would really appreciate any advice.