+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello everyone. I have submitted my passport to the VAC in New York 2 weeks back but I haven't received any status update. They asked me for a receipt last monday which I submitted at once. My 30 days deadline to submit passport to IRCC ends today. Is that something to worry. Do they consider the timeline for when IRCC receives the passport or when we mail to VFS ?
Any update on your case? My passport was received on Feb 11th and no update since then.

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hey! I also submitted my passport at VAC NY last week and still no update. What receipt did they ask for? Did they ask for this after your passport was delivered?
Did you get any update? They told me currently 10 business days is the norm

Aliu2022

Feb 23, 2022
Did you get any update? They told me currently 10 business days is the norm
Hi my passport was received by VFS NY on Feb 15 and no update since then. Talked to customer service thru chat and was told it takes 5-7 business days. Can you update here when you get an update from them pls? Thank you very much!

fengyelan

Feb 24, 2022
Attach my chat history here with the customer service in case this could help:

me: Hello, I believe my passport has been delivered to your office on 02/17 Thursday. It was mailed to you by FedEx (Tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXX, signed by E.RODRIGUEZ). Should I expect an acknowledgment email and a tracking number?
Pamela: Thank you for contacting the Canada Visa Application Centre, I hope you are having an excellent day!
Pamela: Please kindly wait until Canadian Visa Application Center contacts you regarding the process of your application, Canadian Visa Application Center will give you the tracking ID and tracking status, the notification can take from 8 to 10 business days after the Center received the passport and documents (the notification will be sent to your e-mail).
me: The original passport request letter says my passport needs to arrive at IRCC within 30 days from 02/04, so it should be arrived on or before 03/06. I hope there is plenty of time for you to deliver it on time for me.
Pamela: Once that the package arrives to the CVAC the processing time to submit the passport stops counting.

ReplyForward

Aliu2022

Feb 23, 2022
Attach my chat history here with the customer service in case this could help:

me: Hello, I believe my passport has been delivered to your office on 02/17 Thursday. It was mailed to you by FedEx (Tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXX, signed by E.RODRIGUEZ). Should I expect an acknowledgment email and a tracking number?
Pamela: Thank you for contacting the Canada Visa Application Centre, I hope you are having an excellent day!
Pamela: Please kindly wait until Canadian Visa Application Center contacts you regarding the process of your application, Canadian Visa Application Center will give you the tracking ID and tracking status, the notification can take from 8 to 10 business days after the Center received the passport and documents (the notification will be sent to your e-mail).
me: The original passport request letter says my passport needs to arrive at IRCC within 30 days from 02/04, so it should be arrived on or before 03/06. I hope there is plenty of time for you to deliver it on time for me.
Pamela: Once that the package arrives to the CVAC the processing time to submit the passport stops counting.

ReplyForward
Thats great, thank you for the relieving information!

Reactions: fengyelan

Shackle

May 11, 2019
Hi my passport was received by VFS NY on Feb 15 and no update since then. Talked to customer service thru chat and was told it takes 5-7 business days. Can you update here when you get an update from them pls? Thank you very much!
Same - they told me 8-10 business days today and Monday was a holiday this week.

Slldc

Jun 19, 2020
Can you share your timeline after PPR please? Thank you
I got the PPR letter 2/4
Sent my passport 2/7
They sent me a tracking number 2/8 but it’s pending bc I didn’t pay the $22
I got their invoice request on 2/17
2/23 passport dispatched to IRCC
2/24 IRCC website update saying a final decision has been made and the visa is affixed to my passport
Just now I got the update that the decision envelope has been dispatched from IRCC

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Just chatted with agent and now she says the processing times are increased to 10 to 15 days:

Transcript:

Pamela: If you are looking for a status update of your visa application, we are sorry to mention there is a substantial increase in the volume which has delayed the process and also extended the processing time over usual time to have a status updated in our system.

Pamela: Please kindly wait until Canadian Visa Application Center contacts you regarding the process of your application, Canadian Visa Application Center will give you the tracking ID and tracking status, the notification can take from 10 to 15 business days after the Center received the passport and documents (the notification will be sent to your e-mail).