+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
Hi @Raj119

Thanks for the detailed post. Could you let me know where can I find the TT Services consent form that they need us to send? I checked their website but couldn't find it.

Thanks
Here is the link to it
https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2LVFqatIwJhm9JEP5nqUYL/3c71a4a1468630ef0845c423a3cd41e2/ConsentForm_-TTS-English-IN-VAC-Final.pdf

usually they ask for filling out the second page of it for each applicant. Incase of my minor daughter i signed it. Please fill it out according to your case

Reactions: abhishek.sriv87

darpanthacker

Mar 12, 2022
You should send the passport(s) separately one in each envelope for each applicant. It doesnt matter if they are dependent of you or not. They have to be in separate envelope, thats what vfs insists on because they make more money in that way.

you cannot send passports directly to IRCC and you cannot expedite easily with VFS either. VFS will only expedite if there is a family emergency or if you dont receive package tracking number for about 12 business days. From my experience I have raised expedite request for the passports that were received by vfs on 15 feb but of no use. I only received tracking number for 1 out of 3 so far. I short they take their on sweet time and helpline numbers chat/email/phone doesnt provide you any additional details except tracking number (only if it is there)

documents to submit

1) passport
2) photos of passport size in canada format
3) fedex label, you have to get it from vfs website only. You cannot use your own. Check vfs.visaglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services
4) vfs processing fee 22.80$ it can be moneyorder/cashier check
5) confirmation of vfs courier payment page
6) IRCC letter to submit passports
7) index page with your details like name of the applicant and return address, phone, email id etc
8) mostly importantly write on top of the package about original passport submission with reference id
9) 2 copies of consent form
10) there is optional sms service also for status purpose. Check their additional services for more details

above mentioned points are for one applicant. You have repeat the same if you have any dependent

i tried my best to summarize what i know. Please double check. I may have missed something

good luck
I am trying to create 2 way label on VFS Global (TT Services) website.
Did you generate different reference number for Primary and dependent ? Or you added two applicants in the same Application reference number?
As such, the courier fees that one pays is same in either of the cases. But, still wanted to know steps that you took.

Jan 3, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-02-2020

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
I am trying to create 2 way label on VFS Global (TT Services) website.
Did you generate different reference number for Primary and dependent ? Or you added two applicants in the same Application reference number?
As such, the courier fees that one pays is same in either of the cases. But, still wanted to know steps that you took.
I have added mine, my wife and daughter as applicants in the same reference number in TT website and vfs courier fedex label came separately for each one of us

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
Here is my timeline for co-pr passport submission for express entry

1) passport submission from IRCC received on feb 11, 2022
2) sent my passports on feb 14 to vfs
3) they received them on feb 15th early morning
4) received vfs tracking number on March 4th for US born kid and March 7th for me and my wife
5) IRCC made a decision on it on March 14th
6) Received passports back from vfs on March 16th

and validity is until 1 year after medicals given date.

Overall it was really painful process working with vfs due to lack of their transparency/tedious process on the application process but thanks to many members of this group who helped me

Reactions: paneka penalty

nishit_here

Mar 16, 2022
Here is my timeline for co-pr passport submission for express entry

1) passport submission from IRCC received on feb 11, 2022
2) sent my passports on feb 14 to vfs
3) they received them on feb 15th early morning
4) received vfs tracking number on March 4th for US born kid and March 7th for me and my wife
5) IRCC made a decision on it on March 14th
6) Received passports back from vfs on March 16th

and validity is until 1 year after medicals given date.

Overall it was really painful process working with vfs due to lack of their transparency/tedious process on the application process but thanks to many members of this group who helped me
Thank you so much for providing your timeline.
I wanted to know whether you took any action from your side or reached out to IRCC to expedite the process?
I am asking this because my timeline is similar to yours but still the passports are under processing at IRCC office.
Here is my timeline:
1) passport submission request from IRCC received on feb 7th, 2022
2) sent my and my wife’s passports on feb 16th to NY vfs in separate packages
3) they received them on feb 17th early morning
4) received vfs tracking number on March 7th for both of us

Haven’t received any communication after that so I was wondering whether I should reach out to them or take any other action ?

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
I wanted to know whether you took any action from your side or reached out to IRCC to expedite the process?
I am asking this because my timeline is similar to yours but still the passports are under processing at IRCC office.
Here is my timeline:

Haven’t received any communication after that so I was wondering whether I should reach out to them or take any other action ?
I initially created expedite request with vfs stating my upcoming travel as a reason but i felt like it is of no use. It is internal only to vfs and they simply buy sometime and give you some vague and pre defined stupid answers.

Based on the communication in this group, around feb 12 to feb 18 vfs received more numbers of applications. Hopefully you would receive your decision from IRCC in day or two. I dont think you can do much except waiting eagerly

good luck

timmydobbs

Mar 18, 2020
While I was checking VFS portal, submitted my application as primary applicant with intention to include all dependents papers. However, later based on information from this group, created a single separate application for my dependents. Will that cause issue or should call VFS to inform? Moreover, do I need to send 4 separate packages (I have 4 labels) ?

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
Hi guys. Need your help. I made a mistake. I only sent 1 copy of the TT services contest form for Passport submission in New York. It’s supposed to be 2 copies. How do I fix this? What can be done? Thank you

kp7

Jan 12, 2021
Here is my timeline:

I have the same timeline as you. IRCC received our passports on March 7 after that no communication from them. Still waiting

Reactions: nishit_here

nishit_here

Mar 16, 2022
I initially created expedite request with vfs stating my upcoming travel as a reason but i felt like it is of no use. It is internal only to vfs and they simply buy sometime and give you some vague and pre defined stupid answers.

Based on the communication in this group, around feb 12 to feb 18 vfs received more numbers of applications. Hopefully you would receive your decision from IRCC in day or two. I dont think you can do much except waiting eagerly

good luck
Actually even I have international travel coming up in early April so I am anxious . Thanks for your response. Hope to hear back from IRCC soon.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi everyone! I have sent my passport to the VFS New York office. I received an additional-document-required email from them this week that says they need two photos from me (I had sent photos but they have probably lost them). The problem is they have not mentioned how I should send the photos. I tried to buy another 2-way FedEx label again just to send these photos but since I'm already registered in their system, it doesn't allow me to buy a new label. Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

I also emailed them at info.canny@vfshelpline.com but haven't heard back yet - do you know how long does it take for them to answer?

Their customer service phone number is a dead-end too.

Thank you!

thegudking

Feb 3, 2019
You need to send all 4 pasports for stamping in separate packages. Here is my guide for ppl who are not visa exempt:

0) take photocopies of passports for record

1) take 2x pictures for each person, label each on the back:
name
dob
app. no.
photo studio
address
date taking photo
bring tape & specs to check before paying photographer
put each photo in a small envelope, on envelope: name, dob, app. no.
put both small envelopes between passport pages

2) go to bank and order a cashier check of $22.8 for each person:
(optional) with SMS fee: $22.8 + $2.5 = $25.3
recipient: VFS Services (USA) Inc.
Memo: transmission + SMS fee

3) print passport request letter for each person
fill out the appendix table for the whole family

4) go to VAC website provided in passport request letter
check if there are any updates
create new FedEx label order at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Home/Index
fill out info for each family member
pay online
download and print confirmation letter & shipping labels

5) print 2x consent forms for each person:
sign page 2 & 4

6) put everything for each person in a separage package:
include an page: name, phone, address, email
glue shipping label outside package
superscribe envelope: ORIGINAL PASSPORT SUBMISSION -- Indiv. Ref. No.

7) Go to FedEx:
use paddled envelopes, throughly seal
bring pen, glue/tape, scissors, evelopes
drop off and confirm tracking
Thank you for the detailed explanation, regarding point #5, should each applicant sign the consent form or only the principal applicant? Also, what do we do in case of a minor applicant? ( my baby is 4 months and cannot sign) will a thumbprint suffice? Thanks in advance!

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Thank you for the detailed explanation, regarding point #5, should each applicant sign the consent form or only the principal applicant? Also, what do we do in case of a minor applicant? ( my baby is 4 months and cannot sign) will a thumbprint suffice? Thanks in advance!
Everyone should sign. I'm not sure about the minor case, maybe you can check by calling them/web chat?

Reactions: thegudking