Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2022
LANDED..........
17-01-2023
For anyone who might find a timeline useful, here's mine:

PPR received: Feb 18, 2022
Documents mailed (using label generated from VFS' 2-way courier service): Feb 24, 2022
Documents delivered: Feb 25, 2022
VFS email saying they have opened my package: March 10, 2022
VFS email with tracking ID, saying it is sent to the Consulate: March 16, 2022
VFS email saying passport is received at consulate: March 17, 2022

Several things happened on March 22:

• IRCC portal updated with approval status and approval letter
  • VFS email saying passport is dispatched from consulate
  • VFS email saying passport is received at CVAC
  • VFS email saying passport is couriered
Return FedEx tracking number generated and passport sent via Fedex: March 23, 2022
Expected to be received tomorrow (March 24).

Passport had been sent to CVAC NYC. Applying from California (Indian citizen living in the US). AOR date was Feb 25, 2020.

timmydobbs

Mar 18, 2020
For Express entry PR, I am sending my passports to CVAC New York, can someone please confirm if I need to send passport copy for my US born child and original passport for myself and spouse along with other required documents? Appreciate your responses.

vinjsqjc

Jan 28, 2020
For Express entry PR, I am sending my passports to CVAC New York, can someone please confirm if I need to send passport copy for my US born child and original passport for myself and spouse along with other required documents? Appreciate your responses.
That's Correct. Only the copy of passport for your US born child since US is a visa exempt country. If your passport is from a country which is not visa-exempt such as India, then you have to send the original

Last edited:

sachin2398

Mar 24, 2022
My status says " received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2022/03/23 " need to wait and see when will IRCC process my COPR.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Hi, we sent our passport to VFS NYC VAC yesterday, but forgot to write the application number on the back of the photos. Will that be an issue? Has any of you gotten a request to re-submit photos because of this?

sachin2398

Mar 24, 2022
Hi, we sent our passport to VFS NYC VAC yesterday, but forgot to write the application number on the back of the photos. Will that be an issue? Has any of you gotten a request to re-submit photos because of this?
I dont think you need to write application number on back of your photos(I havent, and my package was sent to IRCC by vfs so I dont think thats a requirement)...only you need name, DOB and photographer details.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
I dont think you need to write application number on back of your photos(I havent, and my package was sent to IRCC by vfs so I dont think thats a requirement)...only you need name, DOB and photographer details.
Ok perfect! Thank you! I followed the instructions in the attachment from IRCC in PPR, but then read the following note in the PPR letter, so was a bit worried.

Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those with an online account, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.
Wonder if it is only applicable to visa exempt.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Additionally, seems like we forgot to superscribe the application type and reference number on the envelope. Would that be an issue? :confused: This whole process is unnecessarily confusing. :rolleyes:

Reactions: timmydobbs

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
We got an automated email from NYC VFS stating that "they have received our courier package but have not verified it yet". Does everyone get this email on package delivery? Also, does this mean they have started processing or just that it has been put in a queue. Also, how long did it take for y'all to get tracking id after this email?

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Thank you for the detailed explanation, regarding point #5, should each applicant sign the consent form or only the principal applicant? Also, what do we do in case of a minor applicant? ( my baby is 4 months and cannot sign) will a thumbprint suffice? Thanks in advance!
Hey did you find out about the baby's signature? What did you do?

vinjsqjc

Jan 28, 2020
We got an automated email from NYC VFS stating that "they have received our courier package but have not verified it yet". Does everyone get this email on package delivery? Also, does this mean they have started processing or just that it has been put in a queue. Also, how long did it take for y'all to get tracking id after this email?
Passport reached VFS on 4-Mar-22
Acknowledgement email as you mentioned on 10-Mar-22
Tracking No. email from VFS on 22-Mar-22 stating in process at IRCC

No movement after this.

Reactions: popsicle9900