+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

Sketoe20000

Apr 5, 2022
Hi, does COPR get sent with your passport or in a separate package ? I ask because my address on my profile is my family address and my address on my fedex information Is my apartment.
Thank you.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
No, I don't see in my PR case status. Last update is from medicals pass on 2/28/22. Where should I search for counterfoil information?
The counterfoil information shows up at the bottom of the application tracker on the GC Key portal. Once the counterfoil is generated the application status changes to approved. I had that happen yesterday for me, but the passport wasn't dispatched back to VFS today.

timmydobbs

Mar 18, 2020
The counterfoil information shows up at the bottom of the application tracker on the GC Key portal. Once the counterfoil is generated the application status changes to approved. I had that happen yesterday for me, but the passport wasn't dispatched back to VFS today.
No, not for me. I just checked on cic.gc.ca portal.

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Hi all, got passport and CoPR today. Here is our timeline:

Passport Sent: 03/24
Passport Reached NYC VFS VAC: 03/25
Passport Received Email from VFS: 03/27
Passport Dispatched to IRCC: 03/29
Passport Received by IRCC and Under Process: 03/30
Counterfoil Generated: 04/04
CoPR Generated: 04/06
Passport + CoPR Dispatched back to VFS: 04/06
Passport + CoPR Couriered back by VFS: 04/07
Passport + CoPR Received: 04/8

dv0790

Sep 28, 2021
Hey Guys,

I sent my passport to VFS global NY center for visitor visa and the last notification I received from them yesterday that the passport has been dispatched via courier partner and can be tracked using AWB number or tracking id. But I do not have any tracking ID for the shipment. How do I track ?

thegudking

Feb 3, 2019
Shipped application to VFS - 03/21
Reached VFS - 03/22
Application dispatched to IRCC - 03/28
Application received and under process at IRCC - 03/29
No updates on the portal yet.. fingers crossed!

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
hello all, I just dropped my package to FedEx today (04/12) - will update yall once I get more info. Btw, anybody here is going to do a soft landing from US land border? I plan to do it and visit my relatives in Canada for 1-2 days and drive back, but not very sure about the process...

saurabhjainjs

Aug 20, 2019
hello all, I just dropped my package to FedEx today (04/12) - will update yall once I get more info. Btw, anybody here is going to do a soft landing from US land border? I plan to do it and visit my relatives in Canada for 1-2 days and drive back, but not very sure about the process...
Hello, Even I have received the "Request for Visa" email last week, can you please tell me the next steps to send my documents to VAC - NY as I didn't quite get it from the email?

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
Hello, Even I have received the "Request for Visa" email last week, can you please tell me the next steps to send my documents to VAC - NY as I didn't quite get it from the email?
Hi, first I assume that you are currently in the US (hence you plan to submit the documents to VAC - NY), if it's so, you can follow most of the steps outlined here by another member (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-fees-of-vac-in-ny.753214/post-9966064). I followed most of his steps and also crossed check with the requirements in the email from IRCC and requirements from the VFS.

So I would say the key steps are: (you can refer to the detailed steps in the post I mentioned above)

1- take photos (I went to Walgreen and told them the requirement about Canadian passport size, their software has a setting for Canadian passport size), and you just need to follow the requirement to write info on the back of each photo
2- go to TT Services website (https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services), from there you can access the service for two-way courier (I believe that this is the only to submit passport to them nowadays). Link to that service here and you need to create an account, objective is to BUY the Fedex Label for "Original Passport Submission" application.
3- go to your bank and order a cashier's check for package transmission fee ($22.80 USD)
3- print out and sign the consent form (link here), print out the RFV email, fill appendix B (or whatever form they require in the email), print out the courier application confirmation form from TT Services, print out the FedEx label
4- put everything in a package and drop it off at a FedEx drop off site (I went to the same Walgreen where I took the photos as they also offers FedEx drop off service there)

Remember each package is for each individual, so for me and my spouse, we had to buy 2 FedEx labels. You can add everybody into the same group (when you do step 2), so only one account need to be created, and then you can add your spouse, children etc. and pay for everyone. You just need to read carefully the requirement from the RFV email AND the requirement from the VFS application confirmation letter.

Cheers!

Reactions: saurabhjainjs