+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

thegudking

Feb 3, 2019
Shipped application to VFS - 03/21
Reached VFS - 03/22
Application dispatched to IRCC - 03/28
Application received and under process at IRCC - 03/29
No updates on the portal yet.. fingers crossed!
Update -
Just received an email notification - Application approved and counterfoil generated. - 04/13

Reactions: labataille16

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
@thegudking, @labataille16 , @popsicle9900 What is the expiry date/ valid to date you have on your COPR visa / Counterfoil generated? I have also received the Ready for Visa Email.
I have not received back the COPR visa yet - it was just dispatched to IRCC on 04/13, same day it arrived at VFS NY. Will update yall once I get it back.

satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Reposting my reply from another thread if it might help some one.

Ordered two way courier labels
04/02: Passport Sent
04/03: Passport received at VFS
04/04: Your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on Mon Apr 04 2022 for processing. (First Email from VFS)
04/05: Your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Tue Apr 05 2022
04/09: "We updated your application status" Email from CIC (Application status changed to Approved.
04/11: "We sent you a message about your application" Email from CIC (Letter accompanying the Visa generated)
04/11: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York.
04/11: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre
04/12: FedEx Shipment *********** Notification Email from FedEx
04/13: Received COPR and passports.

Note: Any issues with VFS use their "chat now" option from https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/contact-us
It might say try again once you enter your details. Just try few more times and you will be shown as in queue with numbers 4-5 people before you which actually takes around 20-40 min. The customer service people are extremely helpful at least in my case.
One trick you can do is send an email to info.canny@vfshelpline.com before starting the chat. The customer service chat people do not have access to the VFS systems, but they can initiate a reply to your emails. So whatever concern or request you have you can email first and they can reply with what you can do when you chat with them.

Also any immediate concerns email to escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com

bmthanki

Feb 3, 2021
Anyone who had their photo rejected, how did you send it again ? Also, Can you send your and your spouse photo in the same mail ?

thegudking

Feb 3, 2019
Reposting my reply from another thread if it might help some one.

Ordered two way courier labels
04/02: Passport Sent
04/03: Passport received at VFS
04/04: Your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on Mon Apr 04 2022 for processing. (First Email from VFS)
04/05: Your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Tue Apr 05 2022
04/09: "We updated your application status" Email from CIC (Application status changed to Approved.
04/11: "We sent you a message about your application" Email from CIC (Letter accompanying the Visa generated)
04/11: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York.
04/11: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre
04/12: FedEx Shipment *********** Notification Email from FedEx
04/13: Received COPR and passports.

Note: Any issues with VFS use their "chat now" option from https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/contact-us
It might say try again once you enter your details. Just try few more times and you will be shown as in queue with numbers 4-5 people before you which actually takes around 20-40 min. The customer service people are extremely helpful at least in my case.
One trick you can do is send an email to info.canny@vfshelpline.com before starting the chat. The customer service chat people do not have access to the VFS systems, but they can initiate a reply to your emails. So whatever concern or request you have you can email first and they can reply with what you can do when you chat with them.

Also any immediate concerns email to escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com
Hi! When were you able to track the application using the Tracking ID they provided ? After the package was dispatched from IRCC to VAC?

thegudking

Feb 3, 2019
03/21: Passport Sent
03/22: Passport received at VFS
03/28: Your application has been dispatched to the IRCC Office
03/29: Your application has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office
04/13: "We updated your application status" Email from CIC - Application status changed to Approved.
04/18: "We sent you a message about your application" Email from CIC (Letter accompanying Visa generated)
04/18: The decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office
04/18: The decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre
04/19: FedEx tracking number
04/20: Received COPR and passports.

Went through the process for the second time after our visas expired as we couldn’t travel due to the pandemic. Looking forward to the future with a sigh of relief! All the best to everyone.

Reactions: labataille16

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
03/21: Passport Sent
03/22: Passport received at VFS
03/28: Your application has been dispatched to the IRCC Office
03/29: Your application has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office
04/13: "We updated your application status" Email from CIC - Application status changed to Approved.
04/18: "We sent you a message about your application" Email from CIC (Letter accompanying Visa generated)
04/18: The decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office
04/18: The decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre
04/19: FedEx tracking number
04/20: Received COPR and passports.

Went through the process for the second time after our visas expired as we couldn’t travel due to the pandemic. Looking forward to the future with a sigh of relief! All the best to everyone.
Congratulations! :)
was this in USA? NY?

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Thank you! Yes NY VAC :)
did VAC send out emails about the passport? FedEx delivered my passport last week, but I received no email from VFS VAC. And I called them today they said it's been sent to the Embassy. Not exactly sure how VAC notifies people? :|

satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
did VAC send out emails about the passport? FedEx delivered my passport last week, but I received no email from VFS VAC. And I called them today they said it's been sent to the Embassy. Not exactly sure how VAC notifies people? :|
Did you ask for your tracking number , you will receive a tracking number when they sent it to VAC. Check your spam email just in case. You will receive multiple emails in 2-3 days after VFS receives your passports. Also did you use VFS 2 way courrier or an out service like UPS?

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Did you ask for your tracking number , you will receive a tracking number when they sent it to VAC. Check your spam email just in case. You will receive multiple emails in 2-3 days after VFS receives your passports. Also did you use VFS 2 way courrier or an out service like UPS?
I forgot to ask them for the tracking number - does the tracking number start with 'CAN' ? I used the VFS 2 way courier service.

satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I forgot to ask them for the tracking number - does the tracking number start with 'CAN' ? I used the VFS 2 way courier service.
No. The one with CAN is your reference number. That you will get in VFS portal. When your passports are delivered to VFS, they send you email with tracking number. With that you can track your application status.

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
No. The one with CAN is your reference number. That you will get in VFS portal. When your passports are delivered to VFS, they send you email with tracking number. With that you can track your application status.
will probably call them back and ask again next week.