+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

sarahali

Mar 5, 2022
How do you "superscribe the packages"? Can you also tell me where you get the VAC consent form from?

Hi,

my applications (which includes primary applicant , a dependent and US born kid) reached vfs new york on feb15 and since then i have been following up with vfs via phone, email , char etc. i even raised a expedite request ( which is of no use). As far as I know only mistake that i did was that i forgot to superscribe the packages with their mentioned text of “original passport submission with ref num”.
After a long wait somehow i got a email notification today at 8:10 est ( mar 4) with one tracking number. I am not sure if they would send a tracking number separately for the other two packages or not.
I am sharing my experience here as it might help other in someway

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi All.

I received a letter to send my original passport for Visa stamp on March 1. The letter was dated Feb 16 but I got it on March 1. This means IRCC has to receive the passport by March 16. Can someone please tell me the mailing address of the VAC center in New York where I have to send my original passport? I want to confirm it. Also what are the documents that I should submit with it. I know the information is provided but I want to confirm everything with someone who has gone through a similar sitaution as I am already on tight timeline so i dont want to make any error.

Also, is IRCC very strict with the 1 month time line and is there any way to get VAC centre to expedite the passport sending process? Is it possible that I send it directly to IRCC. Has anyone had their passport recieved by IRCC after the 30 days and it got rejected? That is my worse fair.

I am very stressed an would really appreciate any advice.
See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-fees-of-vac-in-ny.753214/post-9966064

sarahali

Mar 5, 2022
This is what my letter stated to add in your package: Th is is for candian trv visa

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

It does not say about passport photos.

Also, what is the $22.8 for? I am already paying the 2 way courier of $75.30.

Where do i find the VAC consent for?

You need to send all 4 pasports for stamping in separate packages. Here is my guide for ppl who are not visa exempt:

0) take photocopies of passports for record

1) take 2x pictures for each person, label each on the back:
name
dob
app. no.
photo studio
address
date taking photo
bring tape & specs to check before paying photographer
put each photo in a small envelope, on envelope: name, dob, app. no.
put both small envelopes between passport pages

2) go to bank and order a cashier check of $22.8 for each person:
(optional) with SMS fee: $22.8 + $2.5 = $25.3
recipient: VFS Services (USA) Inc.
Memo: transmission + SMS fee

3) print passport request letter for each person
fill out the appendix table for the whole family

4) go to VAC website provided in passport request letter
check if there are any updates
create new FedEx label order at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Home/Index
fill out info for each family member
pay online
download and print confirmation letter & shipping labels

5) print 2x consent forms for each person:
sign page 2 & 4

6) put everything for each person in a separage package:
include an page: name, phone, address, email
glue shipping label outside package
superscribe envelope: ORIGINAL PASSPORT SUBMISSION -- Indiv. Ref. No.

7) Go to FedEx:
use paddled envelopes, throughly seal
bring pen, glue/tape, scissors, evelopes
drop off and confirm tracking

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
Hi All.

I received a letter to send my original passport for Visa stamp on March 1. The letter was dated Feb 16 but I got it on March 1. This means IRCC has to receive the passport by March 16. Can someone please tell me the mailing address of the VAC center in New York where I have to send my original passport? I want to confirm it. Also what are the documents that I should submit with it. I know the information is provided but I want to confirm everything with someone who has gone through a similar sitaution as I am already on tight timeline so i dont want to make any error.

Also, is IRCC very strict with the 1 month time line and is there any way to get VAC centre to expedite the passport sending process? Is it possible that I send it directly to IRCC. Has anyone had their passport recieved by IRCC after the 30 days and it got rejected? That is my worse fair.

I am very stressed an would really appreciate any advice.
You should send the passport(s) separately one in each envelope for each applicant. It doesnt matter if they are dependent of you or not. They have to be in separate envelope, thats what vfs insists on because they make more money in that way.

you cannot send passports directly to IRCC and you cannot expedite easily with VFS either. VFS will only expedite if there is a family emergency or if you dont receive package tracking number for about 12 business days. From my experience I have raised expedite request for the passports that were received by vfs on 15 feb but of no use. I only received tracking number for 1 out of 3 so far. I short they take their on sweet time and helpline numbers chat/email/phone doesnt provide you any additional details except tracking number (only if it is there)

documents to submit

1) passport
2) photos of passport size in canada format
3) fedex label, you have to get it from vfs website only. You cannot use your own. Check vfs.visaglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services
4) vfs processing fee 22.80$ it can be moneyorder/cashier check
5) confirmation of vfs courier payment page
6) IRCC letter to submit passports
7) index page with your details like name of the applicant and return address, phone, email id etc
8) mostly importantly write on top of the package about original passport submission with reference id
9) 2 copies of consent form
10) there is optional sms service also for status purpose. Check their additional services for more details

above mentioned points are for one applicant. You have repeat the same if you have any dependent

i tried my best to summarize what i know. Please double check. I may have missed something

good luck

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
Just an update. I received tracking numbers from vfs for all 3 of my family members. Our packages delivered to vfs newyork on feb 15th. They took 12 business days to send these tracking numbers

for those who are waiting for tracking numbers, i hope yours will come soon

Aliu2022

Feb 23, 2022
Here to update my full timeline after PPR:

PPR: 2/9
Package received by VFS: 2/15
VFS dispatched to IRCC: 3/4
Received and under process by IRCC: 3/5
IRCC sent email (attached visa to my passport): 3/7
Package dispatched back to VFS: 3/8
VFS received pkg: 3/9
VFS sent it back to me (FedEx sent email with tracking number): 3/10
Received by me: 3/11

Hope this helps and good luck everyone.

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
Here to update my full timeline after PPR:

PPR: 2/9
Package received by VFS: 2/15
VFS dispatched to IRCC: 3/4
Received and under process by IRCC: 3/5
IRCC sent email (attached visa to my passport): 3/7
Package dispatched back to VFS: 3/8
VFS received pkg: 3/9
VFS sent it back to me (FedEx sent email with tracking number): 3/10
Received by me: 3/11

Hope this helps and good luck everyone.
Is yours for canada PR via express entry?

darpanthacker

Mar 12, 2022
The passport request email from IRCC is addressed to primary applicant. There is no separate email for dependents.
In that situation, if we send separate packages for primary applicant and dependent with IRCC letter, does it not create any issues at the VAC in mapping dependent passport with the application ?

Raj119

Feb 26, 2022
The passport request email from IRCC is addressed to primary applicant. There is no separate email for dependents.
In that situation, if we send separate packages for primary applicant and dependent with IRCC letter, does it not create any issues at the VAC in mapping dependent passport with the application ?
I have asked exact similar question to Vfs customer service people n number of times and they insisted me to send them in separate packages. Right now mine and my dependent passports are with IRCC with separate tracking numbers for each one of us. I will let you know as soon as i get my passports back

Reactions: darpanthacker

darpanthacker

Mar 12, 2022
I have asked exact similar question to Vfs customer service people n number of times and they insisted me to send them in separate packages. Right now mine and my dependent passports are with IRCC with separate tracking numbers for each one of us. I will let you know as soon as i get my passports back
When did you send your passports?

kp7

Jan 12, 2021
does anyone know how long IRCC takes to process the COPR for express entry after the passports are recevied by them?

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi guys. I'm in a difficult situation. I sent my passports to NY VAC on Feb 17th. My application was approved on Mar 11th and the counterfoils generated are only valid until Apr 19th (current medical expiry). My wife is pregnant and expecting delivery late April. So we're planning to delivery the baby outside of Canada. By then the current COPR will have expired. Would IRCC be willing to issue a new COPR and also allow the addition of a newborn? Any opinion is appreciated, especially @legalfalcon

Jan 3, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-02-2020
You should send the passport(s) separately one in each envelope for each applicant. It doesnt matter if they are dependent of you or not. They have to be in separate envelope, thats what vfs insists on because they make more money in that way.

you cannot send passports directly to IRCC and you cannot expedite easily with VFS either. VFS will only expedite if there is a family emergency or if you dont receive package tracking number for about 12 business days. From my experience I have raised expedite request for the passports that were received by vfs on 15 feb but of no use. I only received tracking number for 1 out of 3 so far. I short they take their on sweet time and helpline numbers chat/email/phone doesnt provide you any additional details except tracking number (only if it is there)

documents to submit

1) passport
2) photos of passport size in canada format
3) fedex label, you have to get it from vfs website only. You cannot use your own. Check vfs.visaglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services
4) vfs processing fee 22.80$ it can be moneyorder/cashier check
5) confirmation of vfs courier payment page
6) IRCC letter to submit passports
7) index page with your details like name of the applicant and return address, phone, email id etc
8) mostly importantly write on top of the package about original passport submission with reference id
9) 2 copies of consent form
10) there is optional sms service also for status purpose. Check their additional services for more details

above mentioned points are for one applicant. You have repeat the same if you have any dependent

i tried my best to summarize what i know. Please double check. I may have missed something

good luck
Hi @Raj119

Thanks for the detailed post. Could you let me know where can I find the TT Services consent form that they need us to send? I checked their website but couldn't find it.

Thanks