+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Expiry in August 2020. Who's on the same boat?

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hi all, as mentioned above, my COPR is expiring in end of August 2020.

Currently booked my tickets to fly in July.

But currently, I have no clue what to do.

Anyone else on same situation? Are you planning to travel as intended or postponing ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fly and prepare for self quarantine. Wear facial covering during flight and airport arrival.

Reactions: ramgarhiaz

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
my mom's COPR expires in September and she is planning to land in June...
We are not sure if "landing as PR" is considered "essential travel"?
We know that she is exempt of "travel restrictions" but does she also need to have "essential purpose" to land?

I have looked everywhere and even called CBSA but no one has any clue :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We know that she is exempt of "travel restrictions" but does she also need to have "essential purpose" to land?

Yes it should be allowed.

Reactions: deleter

rohansoni369

Jul 20, 2018
My COPR was approved on March 19, 2020 as per issue date on COPR document. It expires on 10th August 2020.
Am i eligible to travel to canada in July 2020? I live in New Zealand.
Please advise.

May 12, 2020
My COPR was approved on March 19, 2020 as per issue date on COPR document. It expires on 10th August 2020.
Please advise.
No, according to current exemptions to the travel ban. The expemptions include COPRs, but only those apprived before March 18. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Mine is expiring august 5, planning to land late july but I haven't booked yet as I want to wait and see first. May I ask if you have health insurance prepared? Where are you headed?

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines

if the COPR was issued before March 18, PRs may land, it is considered essential travel.

Reactions: deleter

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Mine is expiring late August so initial plan was to land Mid July. Now I'm waiting to reschedule to mid August but it depends on the situation.

I heard that Insurance waiting time (3 months) is waived off for Ontario where I'm planning to go.

https://beta.cp24.com/news/2020/3/20/1_4861916.html

Can someone confirm this? Effective for new immigrants?

Mine is expiring august 5, planning to land late july but I haven't booked yet as I want to wait and see first. May I ask if you have health insurance prepared? Where are you headed?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Mine is expiring late August so initial plan was to land Mid July. Now I'm waiting to reschedule to mid August but it depends on the situation.

I heard that Insurance waiting time (3 months) is waived off for Ontario where I'm planning to go.

Can only comment based on what is posted on the OHIP site and my impression is that implies waiting period is waived. Still need to meet or continue to meet any other eligibity requirements such as minimum residency of course so is just the wait period. Official link below

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines

I was actually concerned about if you somehow catch Covid during the quarantine period. From what I understand, you will have to go into quarantine immediately and won't be able to apply for healthcare coverage for 2 weeks.

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Please advise.
When are you planning to land? I’m in the same boat. Can’t travel until the restrictions are lifted. My PR was approved after March 18 as well. Expiring August 6.

Dilshant88

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Apparently, Air Canada has decided not to fly between Dubai and Toronto. So that effectively nullifies my flight booking in July. Hoping for a refund.

Angad25

Aug 14, 2019
Hi COPR expires August 11th and was issued before March 15th so I guess I am eligible to travel to Canada. but I would have to self quarantine for 14 days upon landing. I'm not sure how the health insurance thing works once we get there. Can anyone provide guidance and or links to understand the same please? Also, does anyone have clarity on what we're supposed to do for food and stuff once in quarantine?

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
I thought my CoPR expires sept 5 2020, then I checked and it actually expires Sept 5, 2021. It was issued in April. Did anyone else have their CoPR valid for the whole year?