+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
My Copr will expire on 14 April and one of my dependent’s medical is expiring on april . They cantacted me to do re medical ...but i don’t know whether they giv me AL or not .. i am after 18 march
could you please tell us when your COPR was issued, and when you've raised a webform? TIA

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
No I don’t have immediate family, and also i am after march 18 .
I was asking for AL in an attemp to join a course in Jan, though not a single sign replied from em. What ground do you ask for AL? I am watching copr exipred on Apr 5th :(

baharnima

Jan 24, 2021
I was asking for AL in an attemp to join a course in Jan, though not a single sign replied from em. What ground do you ask for AL? I am watching copr exipred on Apr 5th :(
hey... glad to find someone in same situation..
i raised webform and email to them and asked them form AL... ( permanent resident visa)
my visa will expire on april,14 and they extended my son's till april,14 !!!!
so they asked me to do re-medical .. i did it and now i am waiting for next step

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hey guys

Did anyone manage to get an exemption for the March 18 restriction under any reason other than what's mentioned on their website? Just trying to figure out if it's a solid rule or they're taking some consideration...

yaseerakapadia

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hi All
Glad to find a forum for those in a dilemma like mine.
My COPR expired on Feb 5, 2021.
Just raised a webform.

What is the full form of 'AL' by the way?
I see you all using it often.

Thank you!

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys,

I was issued my COPR and visa stamp in Sept 2020 with a validity till 30 March 2021. I'm assuming there are many in the same boat as me.

Based on the current travel restrictions I'm not eligible to travel to Canada, as I do not fall under any of the travel exemptions mentioned like in the following
1. I am an Indian passport holder staying in Dubai. So I don't reside in the US.
2. I also do not have any siblings, relatives (near or far), loved ones, etc residing in Canada.
3. My COPR was issued after 18 March 2020.
4. I am a mechanical engineer, and hence do not come under the essential skills category.

I was hopeful that the travel restrictions would be lifted prior to the expiry of my COPR. But based on current events, the travel restrictions do not seem to be going anywhere.
Simultaneously, I had raised several web forms to IRCC prior to November 2020 enquiring about the travel restrictions being lifted, and received nothing but generic answers. As I am slowly approaching the date to the expiry of my COPR while being clueless of the next steps. I am really looking forward to finding some clarity in the forum regarding this issue.

I've been told that one of the steps would be to raise a web form asking for an extension on the COPR. However, it is my understanding that based on new developments, we are not supposed to contact IRCC through the web form. Please refer to the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html

I believe this is the link for web form - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/(X(1)S(fzi0dr2y5owqlyzvztbvs3zo))/case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true
For some reason once I hit next on the web form, the page is frozen and doesnt go forward.

If there is another link, kindly post it as a reply. Thanks.

Kathik2

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-08-2019
IELTS Request
CLB10
Hello, folks! I am in the same boat as you are, PNP outland, COPR issued in November 2020, valid until 30th of January, not exempt from the travel restrictions. Thank you for creating this topic!

As far as I understand, IRCC can extend medicine for those, who have COPR after the 18th of March. Yesterday I wrote to my VO to ask if I need a new medical exam, still no response and honestly I do not expect any in the nearest future.

I have searched through canadavisa forums and if I get it right, we do not need to worry, just wait until the situation resolves and IRCC contacts us.
Thats right unfortunately nothing much we can do

• Sad
Reactions: AHD_Sep20

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Same situation..COPR issued November 2020 and expired on 20th January..On 15th December i raised a webform requesting for extension..received response that we should only inform them when we are ready to travel and our application will not be rejected ..but effective 23rd December we are not suppose to raise ready to travel web form.so it seems we just need to wait until IRCC contact us.

Reactions: sarah2006

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Same situation..COPR issued November 2020 and expired on 20th January..On 15th December i raised a webform requesting for extension..received response that we should only inform them when we are ready to travel and our application will not be rejected ..but effective 23rd December we are not suppose to raise ready to travel web form.so it seems we just need to wait until IRCC contact us.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us,such a ray of hope! At least they replied, could you please share the mail received? my copr issuance is november too, and is about to expire in march , I've raised a webform, still waiting for response.