+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approval on portal but no COPR email letter. How long to wait?

jigneshparikhh

Jul 2, 2020
Hello Guys!

I got my COPR updated in account on March 18th but I haven't received the letter yet.

Is there any way to ask them?

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi Everyone...I received my COPR in email today
Quick question; can I send my and my dependents photos in one envelope for PR cards or do we need to send it in separate envelopes/mails?

Reactions: shredder

Naddy123

Mar 10, 2021
Hi All,

I would like to share my experience and I hope this would help people who are waiting. My AOR August 2nd, Medical passed: September 23rd, a Background check was completed on March 8th, Approved: March 25th, 2021 in the Web portal. Haven't received the COPR email yet.

jigneshparikhh

Jul 2, 2020
Hi All,

I would like to share my experience and I hope this would help people who are waiting. My AOR August 2nd, Medical passed: September 23rd, a Background check was completed on March 8th, Approved: March 25th, 2021 in the Web portal. Haven't received the COPR email yet.
You will receive it within 2 weeks time, I got the approval on 18th march and received letter on 27th march.

Reactions: Naddy123

bidiubiu

Jun 8, 2020
For those folks who in this thread have received the CoPR email, could you tell me what the email looks like?

I was approved two month ago, and only until today I contacted an agent and he told me that Etobicoke office already sent out an email to me. I am sure I didn’t received it. Agent helped me send a request for re-sending CoPR email, not knowing when I will get it. Problem is that my CoPR only has about 2 months before expire.

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
For those folks who in this thread have received the CoPR email, could you tell me what the email looks like?

I was approved two month ago, and only until today I contacted an agent and he told me that Etobicoke office already sent out an email to me. I am sure I didn’t received it. Agent helped me send a request for re-sending CoPR email, not knowing when I will get it. Problem is that my CoPR only has about 2 months before expire.
Hey! First of all, congrats! Second, the email would say "CIC- Etobicoke- Landings". Check your spam and trash folders it might be there. Third, do not worry about the expiry. If you're already in Canada, the COPR doesn't expire as the land8ng is already done virtually. Thats what an agent explained to me. Also, once you get your COPR, it will say that the document is valid for a whole year from the date its issued. And, you can use it to get OHIP and SIN. So if you haven't received, its just a matter of time and since its already generated it wont take long. You wont be able to travel internationally with just the COPR so if you want to do that, you'll need other documents.

Reactions: vv12026

bidiubiu

Jun 8, 2020
Hey! First of all, congrats! Second, the email would say "CIC- Etobicoke- Landings". Check your spam and trash folders it might be there. Third, do not worry about the expiry. If you're already in Canada, the COPR doesn't expire as the land8ng is already done virtually. Thats what an agent explained to me. Also, once you get your COPR, it will say that the document is valid for a whole year from the date its issued. And, you can use it to get OHIP and SIN. So if you haven't received, its just a matter of time and since its already generated it wont take long. You wont be able to travel internationally with just the COPR so if you want to do that, you'll need other documents.
Really really appreciate your reply! I am in Canada and have been constantly checking my regular/spam inbox. Now that the agent helped me verify my email address on file and send another request, I will just be waiting a little more then. It’s reassuring to know the actual document has a longer expiry date.

Reactions: vv12026

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Hey guys how many pictures do we need for pr card? My COPR only says 1 picture, but online, the website says 2 pictures. Please its urgent. Can you tell me ASAP. Thanks!

Siddak

Oct 7, 2018

hi. I am also in same situation. I got approval on 11 feb and still not have my copr doc. Have you got anything ? And when did you get approval ?

sarasdeva

Jun 23, 2021
I have got the CoPR in email, and adviced to send a copy of it to get PR Card. "Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above"
Address:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
IRCC Montreal-Photos CRP
1025 rue Saint-Jacques
Montreal, QC, H3C 1G8

I have sent as instructed, but didn't got any acknowledgement / whatsoever. Is that the case, anybody have a clue.

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. 23rd July 2021, my PR application was approved and my dependants received the eCOPR. However, as the principal applicant, I didn't get my eCOPR. Is it normal? and how many days to expect to receive the COPR letter?
Your suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks.

gusqtm

May 8, 2020
Hi, sharing my experience:

My application was due to complete in March 2021.

July 25 2021 -> Received invitation to new landing portal
July 27 2021 -> Submitted photo and confirmation of address
Aug 13 2021 -> IRCC portal change my process to approved and sent COPR number but no pdf document.

Currently waiting as new landing portal still shows my photo and address being reviewed by IRCC.

Wonder how much more time I will have to wait and even being approved this means that my process is still in progress due to the website note:

“If we didn't send you an official letter telling you that we made a final decision on your application, it's still in process.
  • This is true even if the status in your online account is "approved."
  • The official letter would have asked you to submit your passport or provide photos for your CoPR.
  • We didn't send a letter if you weren't exempt from the travel restrictions, or if we couldn't issue your documents.”