+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approval on portal but no COPR email letter. How long to wait?

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
Hi, sharing my experience:

My application was due to complete in March 2021.

July 25 2021 -> Received invitation to new landing portal
July 27 2021 -> Submitted photo and confirmation of address
Aug 13 2021 -> IRCC portal change my process to approved and sent COPR number but no pdf document.

Currently waiting as new landing portal still shows my photo and address being reviewed by IRCC.

Wonder how much more time I will have to wait and even being approved this means that my process is still in progress due to the website note:

“If we didn't send you an official letter telling you that we made a final decision on your application, it's still in process.
  • This is true even if the status in your online account is "approved."
  • The official letter would have asked you to submit your passport or provide photos for your CoPR.
  • We didn't send a letter if you weren't exempt from the travel restrictions, or if we couldn't issue your documents.”
I am also in the same boat. My dependents received eCOPR and can download their eCOPR documents. However for me still no eCOPR pdf documents that can be downloadable.
however in the IRCC login account I have COPR number. I called IRCC, what they understood dont know but they sent another portal email and asked questions? like UCI/DOC/1ST PORT OF ENTRY.........
After that long silence dont know what to do.

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
Hey all,
I checked status of my application and it said application approved and I entered Canada at CIC Etobicoke and received PR on April 24, 2021 but still haven’t received any COPR email to date August 25th. Anyone with this experience? Help

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
Hi, sharing my experience:

My application was due to complete in March 2021.

July 25 2021 -> Received invitation to new landing portal
July 27 2021 -> Submitted photo and confirmation of address
Aug 13 2021 -> IRCC portal change my process to approved and sent COPR number but no pdf document.

Currently waiting as new landing portal still shows my photo and address being reviewed by IRCC.

Wonder how much more time I will have to wait and even being approved this means that my process is still in progress due to the website note:

“If we didn't send you an official letter telling you that we made a final decision on your application, it's still in process.
  • This is true even if the status in your online account is "approved."
  • The official letter would have asked you to submit your passport or provide photos for your CoPR.
  • We didn't send a letter if you weren't exempt from the travel restrictions, or if we couldn't issue your documents.”
Hey all,
I checked status of my application and it said application approved and I entered Canada at CIC Etobicoke and received PR on April 24, 2021 but still haven’t received any COPR email to date August 25th. Anyone with this experience? Help
I am already in Canada

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
Hey all,
Hi There,
My application was approved 23rd July. My dependents received COPR email and they were able to download their eCOPR. But as the primary applicant did not receive the eCOPR document. However, IRCC login account I can see the COPR document number.

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hey all,
Did you receive a portal invitation and submitted your photo online? Or maybe you just received an email from IRCC agent asking when you entered Canada last time? There are 2 different scenarios. I think my case is similar to yours. I received an email from an officer in Etobicoke office asking if I am in Canada and when I entered Canada last time. This email came on March 6th, then starting from March 8th I noticed that I have become PR in status of my application. The COPR letter came to my email address on March 23rd. So it took about 15 days for them to send me the letter. In your case you should have received a COPR letter long ago. If you did not I would advise you to call IRCC immediately and check what email address they have on your file. Maybe they sent email to wrong email address...

Reactions: sudas

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
Did you receive a portal invitation and submitted your photo online? Or maybe you just received an email from IRCC agent asking when you entered Canada last time? There are 2 different scenarios. I think my case is similar to yours. I received an email from an officer in Etobicoke office asking if I am in Canada and when I entered Canada last time. This email came on March 6th, then starting from March 8th I noticed that I have become PR in status of my application. The COPR letter came to my email address on March 23rd. So it took about 15 days for them to send me the letter. In your case you should have received a COPR letter long ago. If you did not I would advise you to call IRCC immediately and check what email address they have on your file. Maybe they sent email to wrong email address...
My case is different. I have COPR Number from my IRCC login ACCOUNT. However in the PR PORTAL in review with IRCC. Dependents got email and received eCOPR documents. I dont know what to do? Any suggestion.....

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
My case is different. I have COPR Number from my IRCC login ACCOUNT. However in the PR PORTAL in review with IRCC. Dependents got email and received eCOPR documents. I dont know what to do? Any suggestion.....
Yes, PR portal is completely different story. I never dealt with it. As I see, usually PR portal works much faster for PR cards than sending physical photo like in my case. I would advise you to call IRCC and try to check with them what is happening. There is no guarantee there will be any help from them.

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
Yes, PR portal is completely different story. I never dealt with it. As I see, usually PR portal works much faster for PR cards than sending physical photo like in my case. I would advise you to call IRCC and try to check with them what is happening. There is no guarantee there will be any help from them.
Yes, thanks by the way.

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
I called IRCC and the agent said that she can see that the officer didn’t send out a COPR and she was going to send and email but that was from June 29th and still nothing. I keep calling and it’s the same outcome and my email address on the account is correct. Every time I call the agent thought it was strange but told me that I am a permanent resident but still no COPR.

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
Hi Guys,
I also called IRCC Yesterday. They don't know how to solve the problem. They were finally told me to email the client Portal and state the problem again. I emailed and waiting for their response.

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
Hi Guys,
I also called IRCC Yesterday. They don't know how to solve the problem. They were finally told me to email the client Portal and state the problem again. I emailed and waiting for their response.
[/QUOTE
When was your application approved? Mine says I entered Canada at cic Etobicoke and was granted PR on April 24th but I still haven’t got a COPR.

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
My application was approved July-23rd 2021. My dependents COPR is available on the same day. For me the COPR is not available in the portal and still waiting.

MrGenuineBunny

Jul 22, 2020
My application was approved July-23rd 2021. My dependents COPR is available on the same day. For me the COPR is not available in the portal and still waiting.
Are you in Canada? I am. When I checked my status it says I entered Canada at cic Etobicoke on April 24th and was granted my PR but to date no COPR so I am wondering what happened.

sudas

Apr 11, 2020
Are you in Canada? I am. When I checked my status it says I entered Canada at cic Etobicoke on April 24th and was granted my PR but to date no COPR so I am wondering what happened.
Yes, I am in Canada. I entered the OCS on 23rd July 2021. Lets see I contacted via clint portal email for COPR Document.