+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr and virtual landing new process

Feb 16, 2021
Today I ran into something a little different. I have got a confirmation PR email which says I am now a permanent resident already and just need to take a printout of the confirmation PR and just a picture of mine and they will be emailing me the PR card. It doesn't have any mention of the Passport as well. Also I have submitted a webform with documents and fee receipt to add my wife to the application and got an acknowledgement for the web form as well. IRCC site is not reflecting any of this data nor the COPR as well. I'm super confused how to proceed now. Please help me.

Feb 16, 2021
No I was not even married at that time. I’m already in canada on my work permit Timeline as follows.
Ita around august
Submission and aor : 23 October 2020
Medical passsed: December 3rd
Visited India got married on Jan 6th
Submitted webform and got request for documents submission through webform and submitted webform on 24th March
Acknowledgement of webform: 13th April
CoPr mail today on 19th April nothing updated in the site. I’m not even clear is this PR just for me of both of us but the letter has just my details in it.

singalberta

Jul 9, 2020
PR confirmation letter only includes your UCI no & CoPR document no. There should not be any mention of your passport in the letter. so yes to get your PR card you have to follow what they said. As for your wife...I am not sure how that works since she was added in your application afterwards. So I would suggest to reply them back and ask for CoPR for your wife who should have been included in your application as you mentioned. Lets see what they say.

They had missed CoPR for my husband too who was already in my PR application from the beginning so I just emailed them & asked for CoPR for him too and they emailed it back.

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi guys I also got virtual landing spousal case and my my file was Outland but I came to Canada on tourist visa. They send me letter to submit my passport I send everything they sent me back and said wait for further instructions. But when I check online on 11 March 2021 it say you landed and got pr from Vancouver office but I never got copr. I called so many times but same answer as due to covid we send email to wrong address and to get again you have to wait. So it’s been 2months nothing. Please suggest what should I do.

Mintyads

Jul 9, 2020
Hi, I received an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings, with subject "Confirmation Of Permanent Residence (application number) " and the message is "In order to complete your application for permanent residence via virtual landing - please confirm that the you and your family members are in Canada. If you are in Canada please indicate the date you entered Canada and the port of entry that you entered and Canadian address.
If you have not yet returned to Canada please advise once you have returned and port of entry.
Please reply via return email.
**Please confirm if you are in Canada**
"

I responded to the email and I know there is a process change due to covid, but I am bit confused.

I heard from my friends who got PR confirmation recently with a passport request letter. And while reading about Copr online it says it is a kind of approval letter with photos of individual. I am staying in Canada with my wife and kid and after applying PR didn't make any travel. My queries are.

Can I consider the email (without any attachments or letters) as my Copr?
If yes does it mean that 100% pr confirmed? IRCC website says there might be an interview to review documents again after Copr. And when will I get passport request letter?

Thanks in advance.
Can you please confirm the email ID you reverted to? I received a similar letter today.

paontario

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hello,
I am looking to see if anyone has received update from eCoPR confirmation portal after submitting address and photo online at Etobicoke VO, specifically for the eCoPR confirmation submitted in June. I am reading in many forums that profiles submitted after 27th May has not received any update.
I had submitted details on 7th June and status still shows "Under review with IRCC".
This is really frustrating because until address is not reviewed, CoPR documents and number are not generated.

Thanks.

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
Hi,
My partner also received an email from CIC etobicoke regarding virtual landing and to confirm if he is in Canada or not. Unfortunately, he is not in Canada and got stuck in India when he got his PPR. Did you get a response for your email? Or if you have any information regarding this from other people who might have got the same email.
Thank you!
Hello
Have your partner got PR yet? Did IRCC put in on hold? Please advise

thanks a ton

Tareqmurad

Jun 22, 2021
Good to know. I received the same email yesterday and replied back to confirm. Within 15min my profile was updated to approved with references to a CoPR number but nothing beyond that.

What exactly did they say about receiving CoPR within 7 days? Like a physical paper, or PDF in your account messages?
Please tell me how did you reply on them , because I replied on them and they sent me same e.mail again ...