+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and Travel Restrictions

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Guys ,
I have received my CoPR and Travel visa in 1st week of December. The expiration date of my CoPR, Visa is Jan 31st, 2021. I am asked to arrive in Canada by that time and my visa will not be extended beyond that date. Am ready to move to Canada. I have my arrival plans ready which include Quarantine stay, Residence, Travel flight plans. On the IRCC website its mentioned that IRCC would contact people with CoPR, Travel visa but no one contacted me. I have raised a couple of web forms requesting Travel Authorization in the month of December to which I received normal response quoting paragraphs from the website, which was of no use. I have raised 2 more web forms seeking Travel Authorization Letter in January but no response yet. Tried calling the New Delhi embassy but no luck.

I don't have any family in Canada. Am an Express entry PR online applied, applicant. My medicals will also expire by Jan 31st, 2021.
It would be great if any of you can let me know the options if the CoPR, Visa gets expired.

Thank you
Was your COPR approved before "March 18th 2020"?
Not sure, if waiting is an option. You might want to take a chance and fly out if you have already made travel arrangements..

Last edited:

addy442

Jan 10, 2020
Was your COPR approved before "March 18th 2020"?
Not sure, if waiting is an option. You might want to take a chance and fly out if you have already made travel arrangements..
It was approved on December 2nd, 2020. The thing is my CoPR, Visa, Medicals will expire on Jan 31st and we never know how long they would take to generate new documents. So am thinking if I should take a risk and travel. If they allow that's well and good but on the other side, I have no clue about a situation if they don't allow it. Will they deport me? or ask me to just travel back?

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
It was approved on December 2nd, 2020. The thing is my CoPR, Visa, Medicals will expire on Jan 31st and we never know how long they would take to generate new documents. So am thinking if I should take a risk and travel. If they allow that's well and good but on the other side, I have no clue about a situation if they don't allow it. Will they deport me? or ask me to just travel back?
I have no idea on that either, but from what I have read on forums here, quite a few people are taking chance and landing. But have to be prepared if you are not allowed to board flight or worse turned away at the port of entry.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Guys ,
I have received my CoPR and Travel visa in 1st week of December. The expiration date of my CoPR, Visa is Jan 31st, 2021. I am asked to arrive in Canada by that time and my visa will not be extended beyond that date. Am ready to move to Canada. I have my arrival plans ready which include Quarantine stay, Residence, Travel flight plans. On the IRCC website its mentioned that IRCC would contact people with CoPR, Travel visa but no one contacted me. I have raised a couple of web forms requesting Travel Authorization in the month of December to which I received normal response quoting paragraphs from the website, which was of no use. I have raised 2 more web forms seeking Travel Authorization Letter in January but no response yet. Tried calling the New Delhi embassy but no luck.

I don't have any family in Canada. Am an Express entry PR online applied, applicant. My medicals will also expire by Jan 31st, 2021.
It would be great if any of you can let me know the options if the CoPR, Visa gets expired.

Thank you
AL is for people with expired COPR
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/page-984#post-9152077

Last edited:
Reactions: addy442

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
You can call CBSA if that would allay your worries

lechatchar

Jun 23, 2020
Same case here.
My common-law partner and I got our CoPR and immigrant visa in December, 2020 but are not eligible to land in Canada due to the travel restrictions.
*sigh*
Hopefully the restrictions will be lifted soon.

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Guys ,

Thank you
its my opinion, that you should travel and should not wait for expiry of any of your documents. Risk is better option in my opinion.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
@addy442 Best of luck buddy!! please keep us posted. I received my written authorization (extended family member) today and I'm COPR and Visa holder (post March 18th).

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
@addy442 Best of luck buddy!! please keep us posted. I received my written authorization (extended family member) today and I'm COPR and Visa holder (post March 18th).
Hello,
How long did it take for you to receive the authorization letter?
Also, is it just you or family accompanying you?

Thanks

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
It took me 5 business days - it's just me. I've got close family members who live in Canada..
My wife’s parents are permanent resident of Canada, and from what I have read online my wife and kids qualify for extended family but not sure if I fit in that criteria. Any idea?

Thanks