Jul 1, 2018
Hello,

I got COPR yesterday. Below is the timeline:

Medicals: Dec 2019
Biometrics: Jan 2020
PR Fees: July 2020
PPR email: Dec 2020
COPR: 12th Jan 2021

As there are travel restrictions mentioned in below link, I think I'm not eligible to travel:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

I would like to know if anyone has traveled with COPR issued after March 18th.

Did they raise a webform for the same or they traveled at their own risk? I've seen that people are raising a webform but they receive a generic response.

Please advise or share any information you might have.

Thanks.

Reactions: Jks1990

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello,

As there are travel restrictions mentioned in below link, I think I'm not eligible to travel:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Did they raise a webform for the same or they traveled at their own risk? I've seen that people are raising a webform but they receive a generic response.

Thanks.
Congratulations !

I've seen a story about someone who just took the chance and went. Got in no issues he said, but yes travel restrictions apply. I tried raising a web form myself but nothing except a generic response. Now they're not accepting any RTT web form even from expired COPR holders, seems like IRCC will be contacting them.

If you're COPR is valid for a long time, I suggest to wait for a while

nilact

Jul 1, 2018
I've seen people are traveling and never denied entry so far. However, that is confusing with the guideline provided, and it is pure risk.

I was wondering if they got confirmation in some way before traveling.

Salman Hasan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I am on the same boat visa and COPR valid till April 2021 got them in November 2020... thinking what to do ..traveling with the family can be risky ...I raised a web form and got a generic response..as they are given PPR and COPR everyday people like us will increase

Salman Hasan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I've seen people are traveling and never denied entry so far. However, that is confusing with the guideline provided, and it is pure risk.

I was wondering if they got confirmation in some way before traveling.
can you please send the link to the thread where ppl have travelled and got there without a problem..... I agree with you its a pure risk

Reactions: Jks1990

nilact

Jul 1, 2018
can you please send the link to the thread where ppl have travelled and got there without a problem..... I agree with you its a pure risk

Before booking our tickets we called CBSA almost 15 to 20 times to confirm what exactly they want from new immigrants and we got a mixed response from them, some of the officers said that a valid COPR is enough to enter and if your airlines are allowing you to board the plane then you can enter Canada but some officers were very stern and as per them only people with COPR before 18th March with valid AL can travel.

After all this, we contacted few people who landed in Canada with post 18th March COPR and as per them no one stopped them from boarding flight and no one asked them anything when they landed in Canada.

Finally, we took a risk and booked our flight, at New Delhi airport they saw our COPR before sending us in the queue to take boarding pass, while checking our COPR the duty manager there called a few of his colleagues to check whether we are allowed to board or not and after discussing for few minutes I heard them saying that all New COPR'S can travel without any issue and it is only for those whose COPR's are issued before March 18th that they have to show a valid COPR and an AL, and that's it we took our boarding passes and went to immigration.

At immigration the officer just checked our visa n COPR and asked us if we had any visa revocation before and is it our first-time travel to Canada to which we answered him that we never faced any visa issue and we are traveling the first time, he said All the best and handed our passports n COPR back n then we cleared the security check n headed to board our flight.

Nobody asked us anything while boarding the flight, everything went smooth.

Finally, when we reached the Toronto airport, there was a bit of confusion maybe because of Covid they changed a few things.

At first, we thought we are in the immigration queue but there they were just handing a paper in which we have to mention whether we have any covid symptoms or not and are we bringing cash more than 10,000 cad, they took that paper and saw the arrive can code and asked us to move to another queue which is actually an immigration queue, there they took 1 copy of our COPR'S and our details where we will quarantine and where we will receive our PR card and that's it.. we were free to go

Salman Hasan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
thank
Before booking our tickets we called CBSA almost 15 to 20 times to confirm what exactly they want from new immigrants and we got a mixed response from them, some of the officers said that a valid COPR is enough to enter and if your airlines are allowing you to board the plane then you can enter Canada but some officers were very stern and as per them only people with COPR before 18th March with valid AL can travel.

After all this, we contacted few people who landed in Canada with post 18th March COPR and as per them no one stopped them from boarding flight and no one asked them anything when they landed in Canada.

Finally, we took a risk and booked our flight, at New Delhi airport they saw our COPR before sending us in the queue to take boarding pass, while checking our COPR the duty manager there called a few of his colleagues to check whether we are allowed to board or not and after discussing for few minutes I heard them saying that all New COPR'S can travel without any issue and it is only for those whose COPR's are issued before March 18th that they have to show a valid COPR and an AL, and that's it we took our boarding passes and went to immigration.

At immigration the officer just checked our visa n COPR and asked us if we had any visa revocation before and is it our first-time travel to Canada to which we answered him that we never faced any visa issue and we are traveling the first time, he said All the best and handed our passports n COPR back n then we cleared the security check n headed to board our flight.

Nobody asked us anything while boarding the flight, everything went smooth.

Finally, when we reached the Toronto airport, there was a bit of confusion maybe because of Covid they changed a few things.

At first, we thought we are in the immigration queue but there they were just handing a paper in which we have to mention whether we have any covid symptoms or not and are we bringing cash more than 10,000 cad, they took that paper and saw the arrive can code and asked us to move to another queue which is actually an immigration queue, there they took 1 copy of our COPR'S and our details where we will quarantine and where we will receive our PR card and that's it.. we were free to go
Thanks alot very interesting ............ does you're COPR say "not valid for Travel" as a water mark because if so they there can be an issue

4sam

Jan 15, 2021
I am sailing in the same boat. Recieved my CoPR yesterday, the temp visa (or whatever they call it) is valid till end of June 2021 and I do not want to travel now. Wanted to check, what happens if the temp visa expires and I haven't travelled yet because the instructions are pretty confusing. They have asked me not to travel and also mentioned that if I don't travel by June 2021 I will have to reapply for immigration

Calling on seniors or those in the same boat to pls help
Thanks

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
Hello,

Thanks.
Oga, I don't see anyone stopping you from landing.

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
I am sailing in the same boat. Recieved my CoPR yesterday, the temp visa (or whatever they call it) is valid till end of June 2021 and I do not want to travel now. Wanted to check, what happens if the temp visa expires and I haven't travelled yet because the instructions are pretty confusing. They have asked me not to travel and also mentioned that if I don't travel by June 2021 I will have to reapply for immigration

Calling on seniors or those in the same boat to pls help
Thanks
Travel...no one is stoping you.

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
thank
Thanks alot very interesting ............ does you're COPR say "not valid for Travel" as a water mark because if so they there can be an issue
COPR stating "not valid for travel" has been there all along not just now if I am not wrong. What they are saying is that you cannot enter Canada with just a COPR, you need a PRV stamped on your passport along with it to travel.

4sam

Jan 15, 2021
Travel...no one is stoping you.
Nope, if I understand correctly travel restrictions apply we are not exempt from these, and we cannot travel just to become a permenant resident according to the site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

If you got your COPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a COPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do. Use the web form if you need to update your contact information.

You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your COPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.

4sam

Jan 15, 2021
You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)