Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hi All,

NEED YOUT URGENT HELP and SUGGESTION

My COPR is valid till 28th Feb 2022 but due to some work related reasons I did not planned my travel earlier and now due to multiple restrictions there are very less flight options from my home country (India) to Canada which is costing me a lot to book flight tickets. However I booked a flight via Amsterdam but later I came to know that I can not transit through Amsterdam due to COVID restrictions.

Can any one suggest me what will happen if I am not able to travel before my COPR expires? will IRCC consider my case for extension on there own?
Tried contacting IRCC through web form but did not got exact answers for my query.... Can you guys suggest me something?

Also is there any way I can connect with IRCC on call from India?

Thanks a lot for your help
Keya Y
Best case scenario is they they do extend your COPR but you would still be waiting for months not knowing and at the back of the queue.
I would think that IRCC will not consider work related reasons as a valid excuse for not landing earlier. I believe they will only extend your COPR if you weren't given chance to travel due to COVID restrictions.
The accompanying guidance that comes with the COPRs states clearly that they cannot be extended.
It might cost a lot but I would definitely pay out to fly before they expire if I were you.
You have come too far in the process to risk not travelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: gtcan19

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
I would like to know if one can land and return back as soon as possible post completing landing formalities. does anyone here have an experience of doing soft landing recently?

Help appreciated!

SavaM

Mar 31, 2021
I would like to know if one can land and return back as soon as possible post completing landing formalities. does anyone here have an experience of doing soft landing recently?

Help appreciated!
You can do that for sure. But IRCC won't send the PR card to any address outside Canada. If you need your PR card to enter Canada, you should arrange it to be sent to a friend and the shipped to you!
Or you can wait, receive your PR card and then leave Canada. But you are a permanent resident after the landing stuff is over.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
You can do that for sure. But IRCC won't send the PR card to any address outside Canada. If you need your PR card to enter Canada, you should arrange it to be sent to a friend and the shipped to you!
Or you can wait, receive your PR card and then leave Canada. But you are a permanent resident after the landing stuff is over.
Im also planning to do the soft landing. Im a PNP candidate and I dont have any friends or relatives in the province Im going. Can I give the address of my friend who is in another province for the PR card while landing? Will this an issue at the immigration while landing since we are PNP candidate?

A_D

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi All,

My COPR is valid till 28th Feb 2022 but due to some work related reasons I did not planned my travel earlier and now due to multiple restrictions there are very less flight options from my home country (India) to Canada which is costing me a lot to book flight tickets. However I booked a flight via Amsterdam but later I came to know that I can not transit through Amsterdam due to COVID restrictions.

Can any one suggest me what will happen if I am not able to travel before my COPR expires? will IRCC consider my case for extension on there own?
Tried contacting IRCC through web form but did not got exact answers for my query.... Can you guys suggest me something?

Keya Y
Hey the cost of tickets must be high but don't take any chance. Just fly out as long as you visa is valid. IRCC India cannot help you. We tried calling IRCC many times but it's no use coz they always have a generic answer.

ConnectTheDot

Sep 18, 2021
Hello All,

I have got my CoPR via Express Entry and planning to traveling to Vancouver, Canada from India in March first week.
Can you please confirm on the below queries-

1) What are the documents I need to take at the port of entry in Vancouver. While filing my application I had put Toronto as my port of entry location. Now that I ll be landing in Vancouver, at the port of entry do I need to give the Address for PR Card as that of Toronto or I can give it for someone at Vancouver.

2) Do you have a checklist of documents I need to carry for my Landing with CoPR?

3)Is there any whats app group for CoPR holders that I can join. Please share.

Thanks for all the help.

mehnaz786786

Jan 6, 2013
Hello, I had expired COPR and IRCC requested for re-medicals that were passed Jan 6, 2022. I stay in the USA, I received an email today Feb 10, 2022 with a "Request Letter" to submit passports to Visa Application Centre – New York.
I previously sent the passport to Canada, however this time around they are asking to send it to New York. Not sure if anything changed recently. Anyone, please share their thoughts. Will I get new COPR and VISA or Just VISA and use the expired COPR at the entry.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hello, I had expired COPR and IRCC requested for re-medicals that were passed Jan 6, 2022. I stay in the USA, I received an email today Feb 10, 2022 with a "Request Letter" to submit passports to Visa Application Centre – New York.
I previously sent the passport to Canada, however this time around they are asking to send it to New York. Not sure if anything changed recently. Anyone, please share their thoughts. Will I get new COPR and VISA or Just VISA and use the expired COPR at the entry.
Congratulations !! You will be issued with new COPR & VISA. Please submit all papers on time. Check the link below for details.
COPR fees of VAC in NY | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Congratulations!

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi All,

Keya Y
The kind of backlog currently being worked, my sincere advice would be to please plan your travel and complete your landing process. You will save months of anguish that could be caused by waiting and uncertainty, by spending a little more now and traveling.
you can see here in the forums itself, the number of friends waiting for a medical or ppr or some sort of notification. When it comes to the process, nothing can be gauranteed as of today. Please think this through. All the best.

Reactions: Cansav

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Please guys, I'm traveling soon to Canada and I need your answers on this.
What documents are required for me to enter Canada?

I received my PR visa and COPR and was wondering if I need an Electronic Travel Authorization to travel. I am fully vaccinated.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Please guys, I'm traveling soon to Canada and I need your answers on this.
What documents are required for me to enter Canada?

I received my PR visa and COPR and was wondering if I need an Electronic Travel Authorization to travel. I am fully vaccinated.
No, you don`t need ETA but make sure you travel to Canada with your valid passport and your valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. Just have the test done before travel & carry the COVID test certificate. Install the ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information before and after your entry into Canada.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

Our passports got stamped and they are on their way to us for collection. While we did see the approval on the gckey, I have two questions regarding the updates -

1) While the name of my spouse is correct, it is completely in uppercase. Will that cause any issue?

2) Both - my spouse and I are from country X but living in country Y. My spouse's passport was issued in country X but the place of issue for mine was country Y (the country of our residence). But in the counterfoil, the country of issue is indicated as X for both of us. Will that be an issue?