+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

Our passports got stamped and they are on their way to us for collection. While we did see the approval on the gckey, I have two questions regarding the updates -

1) While the name of my spouse is correct, it is completely in uppercase. Will that cause any issue?

2) Both - my spouse and I are from country X but living in country Y. My spouse's passport was issued in country X but the place of issue for mine was country Y (the country of our residence). But in the counterfoil, the country of issue is indicated as X for both of us. Will that be an issue?
Many Congratulations !!
  • If the name is correct then hopefully there won`t be any issue at all.
  • Mine case is exactly same as yours. We are from Country X but living in country Y. Mine was renewed at embassy in Country Y and has stamp of Embassy from Country Y but spouse passport was issued from X and has a stamp from X. COPR states `Country of Issue` as X for both. I personally don`t think that will be of any issue. While it was issued from embassy in Country Y but X remains the country of issue as we are citizen of Country X. Passport of `Country X` is printed in bold letter on cover page of passport as well.

Reactions: aseemrastogi2

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
The article is worded a bit weirdly -

We will be easing the on-arrival testing for fully-vaccinated travellers. This means that travellers arriving to Canada from any country, who qualify as fully vaccinated, will be randomly selected for arrival testing.
Fully-vaccinated travellers have been getting randomly selected for arrival testing for a while now. Based on what I have read online (from travellers and students) a significant number of people were being randomly selected to get a test on arrival. Not exactly sure how they are "easing" up on that exactly if random testing is continuing. Unless they meant to write "will not be randomly selected" which seems unlikely from one of the quotes from the Minister of Health.

But, at least, the bit about not requiring quarantine while waiting for results is good.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Many Congratulations !!
  • If the name is correct then hopefully there won`t be any issue at all.
  • Mine case is exactly same as yours. We are from Country X but living in country Y. Mine was renewed at embassy in Country Y and has stamp of Embassy from Country Y but spouse passport was issued from X and has a stamp from X. COPR states `Country of Issue` as X for both. I personally don`t think that will be of any issue. While it was issued from embassy in Country Y but X remains the country of issue as we are citizen of Country X. Passport of `Country X` is printed in bold letter on cover page of passport as well.
Hey thanks for the clarifications and congratulations to you as well :) .
For point 1, yes the name is correct and for point 2, even for us it is indicated that the passport is of Country X.

Reactions: gtcan19

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Guys it's PPR..!!!

AOR : 3RD OCTOBER 2019(SINP EXPRESS ENTRY)
VISA OFFICE : SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA
3RD REMED : CLEARED ON 31ST JANUARY
PPR MAIL : 16TH FEBRUARY 11:30 P.M.
Pretty cool, within 2 weeks. Congratulations and All the Best.

rukaye

Nov 1, 2019
Our COPR has been issued via gckey today, we are yet to receive passport though and yes, my newborn's name is all in capital letters.
I plan to travel maybe during summer. I pray those waiting get theirs as I have been in this journey since June 2019.

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
I have a question , are they issuing e-copr for people inside canada or is it still by the mail and do we need to send passport for stamping ?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
The article is worded a bit weirdly -

Fully-vaccinated travellers have been getting randomly selected for arrival testing for a while now. Based on what I have read online (from travellers and students) a significant number of people were being randomly selected to get a test on arrival. Not exactly sure how they are "easing" up on that exactly if random testing is continuing. Unless they meant to write "will not be randomly selected" which seems unlikely from one of the quotes from the Minister of Health.

But, at least, the bit about not requiring quarantine while waiting for results is good.
They were testing around 80 out of 100 now but they might decrease that to 10-15 out of 100. Not to quarantine while awaiting result is welcome move. Both looks good for approved COPR holders like us but the residents might think that other way.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I have a question , are they issuing e-copr for people inside canada or is it still by the mail and do we need to send passport for stamping ?
eCOPR for inland applicants. IRCC will send you an email and you need to sign up for an online PR profile.

Reactions: Cansav

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
Hello all ,
I received my PPR since I am already inside canada ircc has asked me to submit webform which I just did . This form has been so helpful .. I would especially like to thank @Titanium , I was going through worst phase of anxiety and uncertainty and that day that message by him really gave me some hope .. like they say , be kind you dont know what someone is going through . I got my medical request on 5th and ppr today. And I would also like to tell someone who had a query regarding representative . They sent me the email not to my representative so I guess they finally checked all the specifications before sending it . Still would take time for me to recover from all that I've been through the painful wait and hope I can put all that behind me and start a new life . THANKYOU ALL and I pray for everyone waiting for their respective journeys to have a happy ending with this process and may everyone unite with their loved ones . Lots of wishes ❤