Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
I first applied for Express Entry in December 2019, and the original visa and COPR expired in December 2020. I got the "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?" letter on Sep 28, and my passport request letter on November 10, 2021.
Is your application EE PNP or FSW/O? Did you get your re-medical request? Generally the extended time period/ new COPR should be valid for 6-8 months, not sure how can it be for such a brief time period. I would strongly suggest to clarify with the VFS NY whether this is a misprint or not. I happened to read a similar misprint stamping date (Port of entry immigration office) on Telegram group.

Last edited:

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Ghost update today showing profile updated:
  • December 2, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
However no message yet. It's finally happening!!! Although until I see that COPR I can't say I'll feel at ease.
Congratulations! I totally agree with you. Unless COPR/PRV physical copy is in hand, it's hard to trust these updates.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Is your application EE PNP or FSW/O? Did you get your re-medical request? Generally the extended time period/ new COPR should be valid for 6-8 months, not sure how can it be for such a brief time period.
Thanks for your reply! It's FSW/O. I didn't get a re-medical request although my medical was taken almost 2 years ago. Yeah, I was also expecting the new COPR should to be valid for 6-8 months and this short notice just sounds insane. I'm not even sure the new COPR will be in my hands before it expires. This is nuts. Do you have any suggestions?

Reactions: bhaskarm

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Thanks for your reply! It's FSW/O. I didn't get a re-medical request although my medical was taken almost 2 years ago. Yeah, I was also expecting the new COPR should to be valid for 6-8 months and this short notice just sounds insane. I'm not even sure the new COPR will be in my hands before it expires. This is nuts. Do you have any suggestions?
I can only suggest reach out to IRCC 1-888-242-2100. I use Fongo App from the United States and call them during 8am to 4pm EST. IRCC customer support is located in Montreal, Qubec (EST time zone). You should also reach out to VFS NY office (145 W 45th St 4th floor, New York, NY 10036, (888) 296-4511 (9am to 5pm). I had spoken to them before and they are responsive. It was just an attempt to inquire about my application. But at that time they weren't assigned my file, so they didn't have any updates for me. You have a valid reason to get in touch with them. Please do hurry up and sort this out. Good luck!!

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
I can only suggest reach out to IRCC 1-888-242-2100. I use Fongo App from the United States and call them during 8am to 4pm EST. IRCC customer support is located in Montreal, Qubec (EST time zone). You should also reach out to VFS NY office (145 W 45th St 4th floor, New York, NY 10036, (888) 296-4511 (9am to 5pm). I had spoken to them before and they are responsive.
Thank you so much! I will call them now!

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
I can only suggest reach out to IRCC 1-888-242-2100. I use Fongo App from the United States and call them during 8am to 4pm EST. IRCC customer support is located in Montreal, Qubec (EST time zone). You should also reach out to VFS NY office (145 W 45th St 4th floor, New York, NY 10036, (888) 296-4511 (9am to 5pm). I had spoken to them before and they are responsive. It was just an attempt to inquire about my application. But at that time they weren't assigned my file, so they didn't have any updates for me. You have a valid reason to get in touch with them. Please do hurry up and sort this out. Good luck!!
LOL I just got a message from VFS Global "
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ********************** has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York.

Regards,

VFS Global"

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
LOL I just got a message from VFS Global "
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ********************** has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York.

Regards,

VFS Global"
Ohh i see. Are you prepared to travel on such a short notice. I know its hard but If it's possible please do.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
True I totally agree. I am happy for you. Finally it worked for you though it's a short notice.
Thank you!!! It's just not quite clear to me what "has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York." means. If they actually FedEx it from New York to me today, I may well get it by this weekend. If they are talking about mailing it from IRCC to VFS New York, and then from VFS New York to me, I am not even sure I will get it before December 15. Do you have any ideas?

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Thank you!!! It's just not quite clear to me what "has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York." means. If they actually FedEx it from New York to me today, I may well get it by this weekend. If they are talking about mailing it from IRCC to VFS New York, and then from VFS New York to me, I am not even sure I will get it before December 15. Do you have any ideas?
I am not sure why IRCC is complicating by sending it to VFS and not to you directly. To whom did you submit your passport CPC Ottawa or VFS NY?

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
One more thing, I just called the VFS NY office at (888) 296-4511 but the automatic message said they would not respond to inquiries about immigrant visas, so I hang up. Was that a false alert? Thanks again!
Nope that's a regular IVRS message. Connect and speak with a representative.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
I am not sure why IRCC is complicating by sending it to VFS and not to you directly. To whom did you submit your passport CPC Ottawa or VFS NY?
VFS NY. And the IRCC letter informing me about my visa is sent from Consulate General of Canada in New York, which is about 12 minutes of walking from VFS NY. I hope that by dispactching they mean have a guy walk over, not put in the mail...