+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Lilian2021

Jan 31, 2021
Hello, Is there anyone (expired COPR holders inland)applied for Bridge Open Work Permit? My COPR have expired for 16 months and can not be reissued.
endless waiting .
can not work ,also I am in Canada

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Just got the PPR in the form of Request Letter.:)
Wanted to know if it is still 2way courier service to VFS or VFS Delhi is operational now?
Hearty congratulations! What a great relief to hear this news. Happy for you. Best wishes for a new beginning!

Reactions: jatinder161088

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Limited exceptions to certain groups includes `new permanent residents` which hopefully means COPR holders, I guess.
We landed yesterday and had to explain to the Airline agents that we were exempt/new rules didn't apply before they allowed us on but they were ok about.

At landing in Calgary for our connecting flight another Airline agent tried to tell us we shouldn't have been allowed on the plane. He then phoned his manager to check and the manager confirmed that we were allowed to travel.

Currently I think everyone will be fine just be prepared to have screenshots and any other proof that you are allowed to fly, just in case you get any issues.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
We landed yesterday and had to explain to the Airline agents that we were exempt/new rules didn't apply before they allowed us on but they were ok about.

At landing in Calgary for our connecting flight another Airline agent tried to tell us we shouldn't have been allowed on the plane. He then phoned his manager to check and the manager confirmed that we were allowed to travel.

Currently I think everyone will be fine just be prepared to have screenshots and any other proof that you are allowed to fly, just in case you get any issues.
Landed !! Wow…that’s pretty fast.
Great !! Definately helpful advice for those who gonna land in coming days.
Was ur medical extended for a yr ?
Very Happy for you. Best wishes for ur new beginning :).

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Landed !! Wow…that’s pretty fast.
Great !! Definately helpful advice for those who gonna land in coming days.
Was ur medical extended for a yr ?
Very Happy for you. Best wishes for ur new beginning :).
Thanks
We only received our COPRs on Tuesday, because of changing restrictions and to be on the safe side we decided to go straight away.
Our medicals were only extended until April, this coincides with my youngest child's birthday, he will turn 13. I think it's because at that age he would need an x-ray... It's the only reason I can think of.
I expect most extensions will be for a year.
I wish you happiness in your case also, and hope things go smoothly for everyone here.

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019
I m in a sad situation and feel clueless about what to do or what to expect.
till now I still did not receive the UE nor medical instructions. and my file is still in the "Approved" status meaning it is still closed.

I once emailed the Cairo VO after my CoPR expiry by few days and received their generic reply which ends with that "I do not need to contact them again"
3 weeks ago I raised a webform to IRCC, they replied after 5 days that I better contact my VO directly. which I did 2 weeks ago and still did not receive a reply from them. I tried to contact them by phone but the agent who answered the phone said we do not answer application inquiries by phone, and I should send an email and wait. !!!

I do not know why my application is not reopened yet. and do not know what I can do about it.
is it possible that they may not contact me ever and not renew my CoPR?
everybody here -and in other Social media groups- received the UE or medical instructions and many received their PPR too :(

timeline: AOR August 2020 - CoPR November 2020 - Expired August 2021
Same boat here, AOR Nov 2018 - COPR Feb 2020 - Expired Oct 2020
No communication since then

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Thanks
We only received our COPRs on Tuesday, because of changing restrictions and to be on the safe side we decided to go straight away.
Our medicals were only extended until April, this coincides with my youngest child's birthday, he will turn 13. I think it's because at that age he would need an x-ray... It's the only reason I can think of.
I expect most extensions will be for a year.
I wish you happiness in your case also, and hope things go smoothly for everyone here.
Everyone here already wasted more than a year so anyone whose file is approved & can travel must do at earliest like you. Don`t know when situation might get worse & another restriction gets into effect. Chest X-ray starts from age 11 onwards so hopefully there`s another reason. Thank you for the good wishes. Say Hi to Mark ….you know him , right ? haha ;);) .

Reactions: Wotsit

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Everyone here already wasted more than a year so anyone whose file is approved & can travel must do at earliest like you. Don`t know when situation might get worse & another restriction gets into effect. Chest X-ray starts from age 11 onwards so hopefully there`s another reason. Thank you for the good wishes. Say Hi to Mark ….you know him , right ? haha ;);) .
Totally agree, anyone who gets COPRs should travel asap.
I'll sure I'll be busy for a while but I will check back in here from time to time, I really want to see all the good news flooding in.
Sure I'll say hi to him ;)