+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
You are opening a can of worms now - I had already booked an open ticket with BA (since it offers free cancellation/modification of dates before April 2022). I got a brilliant deal direct from BA and this was before the rates shot up. But I think the situation for travel is complicated due to the fact that Indians need to go to a 3rd country, get a COVID negative report and then fly to Canada. It's a costly affair of around 1500 CAD and mutiply that for dependents :p.

I would say evaluate your personal situation, especially with regard to work, etc and make the moves. Thankfully, my company is taking care of an internal transfer and they are willing to wait till this situation blows over - but I'll move by end of Sept/Oct maybe?? I do want to avoid the 3rd country travel, but let's see.

*Do we want to discuss this in another thread?? We don't want to distract the focus of the conversations here for the benefit of others who are behind in the process.
I agree. We must probably discuss it in another thread. I have my employment starting there by end of august and have to make the travel by then or latest by early Sep. I am planning to speak to travel agent I know to know the options.

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
You are opening a can of worms now - I had already booked an open ticket with BA (since it offers free cancellation/modification of dates before April 2022). I got a brilliant deal direct from BA and this was before the rates shot up. But I think the situation for travel is complicated due to the fact that Indians need to go to a 3rd country, get a COVID negative report and then fly to Canada. It's a costly affair of around 1500 CAD and mutiply that for dependents :p.

I would say evaluate your personal situation, especially with regard to work, etc and make the moves. Thankfully, my company is taking care of an internal transfer and they are willing to wait till this situation blows over - but I'll move by end of Sept/Oct maybe?? I do want to avoid the 3rd country travel, but let's see.

*Do we want to discuss this in another thread?? We don't want to distract the focus of the conversations here for the benefit of others who are behind in the process.

Hi

@DixvilleNotch @Sahilvee @idhar_chicha @Saira443 @shivathej @tj_canada @sr.nadar @Fmegha86 @CNP

I know its still too early to think about Travel, knowing how many twists and turns we have all seen.
However, planning for the travel is important since we might have very specific and peculiar problems - such as Flights ban, jobs search in Covid etc.

Please join this thread for travel related planning and discussion
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-ppr-2021-moving-to-canada-2021-2022.739100/

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Thank you. my parents are planning to travel to Canada on their existing visitor visa on sep 8 before the 6 months validity date for passport approaches in sep last week. can they get medicals done in india and still travel to canada and may be submit passport here in canada for PR visa stamping?
Yes, that should be completely fine. If the hospital where your paarents would be getting their medical done uses eMedical (be it in India or Canada), then IRCC should be able to receive the results directly from the hospital itself.

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I still have to receive email containing AWB#. Though I'm not that much worried but just want to confirm if we are getting email from same id from which we got acknowledgement/payment emails?

elif911

Jun 22, 2017
@legalfalcon
Hi guys!
I see all the talks are about passport submission only, last few days...

And it's a bit hard to find the information what's the things are with expired COPRs among all this.

Is it here where we discuss getting the second PPR after the first visas and COPRs are expired? Or there is another thread for this? If so, could you please share the link?

Have a nice day to all :)

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
@legalfalcon
Hi guys!

And it's a bit hard to find the information what's the things are with expired COPRs among all this.

Is it here where we discuss getting the second PPR after the first visas and COPRs are expired? Or there is another thread for this? If so, could you please share the link?

You’re at the right thread :)
Some members have had the good fortune of having some good progress on their applications recently, which is why you’ll find discussions on the PPR 2 in the recent pages.
What stage is your profile at? Have you received the “Do you still wish to immigrate” email? When was your COPR issued?

Reactions: Titanium

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
@legalfalcon
Hi guys!

You could try here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/re-issue-of-expired-copr-visa.737779/page-2#post-9558178
But sadly there's not a lot happening for expired COPRs right now.

Reactions: AMM26 and elif911