+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hi Vimalan

You have to submit all the PCCs again. We were in the same situation and raised this with IRCC. They replied that we need to submit updated PCCs again as requested. We did try to reason with them and also mentioned that we have not visited those countries again. We also told them that it is mentioned in the IRCC site too but they pointed to the fact "An officer may ask for it again". Make sure you resubmit the PCCs again and don't take a chance.

This is the below message I received from IRCC.

Thank you for your inquiry. You are required to provide updated police certificate(s) from each country/state where you have resided for at least 6 months, since the age of 18.

Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thanks for your reply. I'm still in a state of confusion as some Senior members are also advising that the previously submitted PCC is sufficient. Would be happy to see if anyone was successful just by submitting the old ones with one new from their current residence.

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
You do not need PCC for the countries that you have not visited again. Just add those PCCs along with your new(current resident country) one and submit to IRCC.
Hi @whyCorona

Thanks for your response. I'm also aligned towards the logic that I need not process new PCC for the countries that I haven't visited after receiving CoPR (although they must have expired).

What would be the consequence if they really want a new PCC for these countries?
Will they ask for these PCC and provide more time? or will they reject my application outright?
Raising a web form now will cost me time, so should I call IRCC to confirm the same?

It would have been easier if someone who has successfully submitted the old ones shares their experience. Or some reference on this procedure to bring clarity.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for sharing their number. I just spoke to them. The officer said they would be able to print the CoPR in Coutts if I give them the PR number. He also said I should be able to land if I follow the health protocol. Any other guidance? I am still little anxious but thinking I will take the risk. Please let me know if you feel otherwise. I had raised a webform requesting the IRCC to send me the COPR document. That was forwarded to the Sydney office from Mississauga office about three weeks back and but haven't heard anything. I am not sure if they will come back to me in time before I need to start my employment. What are your thoughts? Should I keep waiting for Sydney office to respond to my webform or should I just go given the guidance I have received from the CBSA officers and IRCC call center agents. The CBSA officer did ask me what passport I have. I told him I have India passport. but he didn't mention that I need PRV or anything like that.
It seems like you are all set. Just make sure that if you have been vaccinated, carry your certificates, a quarantine plan, and and PoF and your documents.

If you are crossing the border by land, in your own vehicle, i.e. not commercial, you do not need a visa. However, if you decide to fly or catch a bus, you will have to show the visa.

I feel you are all good to go. On the day you decide to cross, give a call to the CBSA PoE office, and ask the name and badge number of the officer, just in case.

Reactions: amkumar

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
It seems like you are all set. Just make sure that if you have been vaccinated, carry your certificates, a quarantine plan, and and PoF and your documents.

If you are crossing the border by land, in your own vehicle, i.e. not commercial, you do not need a visa. However, if you decide to fly or catch a bus, you will have to show the visa.

I feel you are all good to go. On the day you decide to cross, give a call to the CBSA PoE office, and ask the name and badge number of the officer, just in case.
Thank you. Now I understand why the nice IRCC lady told me that I should come via land as the flights may not accommodate me in the absence a PR visa.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
What about the IMM 1017 form, did you send that to IRCC? My doctor said I need to send this form to IRCC. I think she also said she will send me a copy of the eMedicals report by email but she didn't say if I had to send that to IRCC as well. I understand it's supposed to be automatically uploaded onto the IRCC platform.

I think I will send the IMM 1017 form now and if my doc sends me a copy of the eMedicals I'll send that as well when I receive it next week.
In my response to you, I said I did not send mine. But in the IRCC email, It was stated to inform them once medicals completed which I did and attached the eMedical that I received on the day of my medicals.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
How was your 14 days quarantine plan?
They did not ask for it. The switch health connection is not good i dont know is it my connection or theres. My daughter needs to be swabbed again as her day8 swabbed was failed to registered by the nurse. They'll be done with their provincial quarantine on sunday

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Thanks for your response.
Did you book the 3 night hotel stay through the hotel directly or the number provided on IRCC website? do you also have to show your other quarantine plan after leaving the hotel?

It would be great if you could just briefly list the steps from landing at the airport to hotel quarantine just to know what to expect.

Good luck to you and your family!
I booked it online, executive vancouver airport hotel.

Its not my personal experience, its my family's so its hard to give the exact details. These are just the details tnat i know...
Upon landing, they went to this kiosk where they have to do the declaration and take a photo of them. The airport was so quiet, empty.
Then went to immigration window, after that were asked to go to another immigration line for verification of copr where they will check all your documents and give you your PR status.
Take your luggages.
Then before reaching the exit door ,you will be greeted by lifelabs to do your swabtest. Make sure each family member has its own homekit swab. After the test, they will call your hotel to pick you up.

Connecting flight, its just the usual process, nothing complicated. In their final destination, they were asked to show the pre-approval letter of our province( each province has its own requirements so better check) and copr. Thats it! Hope these will help.
The federal requirement for quarantine really needs to be completed regardless of your province. My family were scheduled for day8 swabtest May 27 and 2nd swabtest of our province May 29.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi @whyCorona

Thanks for your response. I'm also aligned towards the logic that I need not process new PCC for the countries that I haven't visited after receiving CoPR (although they must have expired).

What would be the consequence if they really want a new PCC for these countries?
Will they ask for these PCC and provide more time? or will they reject my application outright?
Raising a web form now will cost me time, so should I call IRCC to confirm the same?

It would have been easier if someone who has successfully submitted the old ones shares their experience. Or some reference on this procedure to bring clarity.
If you have previously provided the PCCs, IRCC does not require PCC again for the countries you have not visited again. They are more interested in PCC from your current resident country. Webform is only option to attach any required doc to your profile.

Reactions: Vimalan

Maulakh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Hi guys, I recently received my COPR and I was planing to move to canada next week. However a state of emergency was announced in the country I live in because of the covid 19 and I'm not allowed leave the country in the next month.
Would the IRCC expand my COPR in case the emergency state lasted more than my COPR validity?
What country r u from?

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Dear all,

I would like to share my own story.

I got my visa post March and it will be expired soon in the middle of June, 2021. I do not want to see my visa being got expired, so I have tried all my way to reach Canada. I renewed my US (B1) visa and took a risk to fly to US and then fly to Can. I checked on IRCC website and informed that I am likely to enter Canada if I flew directly from US with my validated COPR. My route was from Vietnam to Dallas. I stayed in the US for 3 days to make a new COVID test and also wanted to make some gaps before the flights. I did not want Canada think I took a transit in US. After 3 days, I flew from Dallas to Vancouver. At the checking ticket desk, they checked carefully documents before issuing a plane ticket. Finally, after minutes, I got my plane ticket and got on board. After 4 hours, I was in Vancouver. That was the most frightening moment ever because I worried they would refuse me entering Canada. But not, all the immigrant process was very smooth. I felt relieved.

After 3 day quarantine in Vancouver hotel, I flew to Saskatoon and finished the rest of quarantine period. Now, I am waiting for my PR card. I hope I will get it soon.

I wish the best luck will come to you guys all in this group.

Cheers.
congrats..
i have B1 visa as well, me and my family.. (the visa is on the old passport, can i still use it?)
what do you advise? did you take the risk without asking anyone? or you did a research?

Reactions: 1Humanity

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020

One additional question for your Sir. Would I still need a Visa if I walk across the border or take a rental car or cross border taxi? Please let me know.

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
hi guys..
our visa/CoPR (me and my family) will expire on 14- july-2021... i heard lots of people saying that they made it by going through the US..
can someone help me please? we have a valid B1 visa.. so we can enter the US.. and based on the: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
after choosing: 1) foreign 2) no symptoms 3 ) from the United States (including connections, so long as you enter Canada from the U.S.) 4) approved permanent resident (who has not yet arrived in Canada)
i got this answer: Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.
so what do you think?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
One additional question for your Sir. Would I still need a Visa if I walk across the border or take a rental car or cross border taxi? Please let me know.
If you walk to use a taxi service, you do not need a visa. The visa in only required of you use a commercial carries, i.e. airlines, bus, etc.

Using a personal car, rental car, a taxi, walking can be done without a visa.

However, you will have to go to the secondary checkpoint, inside the officer and it can take some time for the processing to be done.

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi,

I'm a pre-March 18th CoPR holder. I got this in a request letter on my CIC profile:

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status. Our records indicate that you notified us of this change after we had issued you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence for you and your dependents if you have any.

Please understand that we will require that you return this document as well as your passport(s) with your permanent resident visa(s), if
applicable, in order for us to cancel them
. You must provide us with these original documents in addition
to the other requested documents for us to continue with your application process.
I have uploaded the requested documents, but according to the wording, am I required to submit my passport? Not sure if this is a standard PPR because I do not have any details of when, how and where to send the passport. Previously, I was asked to send the passport to the Ottawa office by mail.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Thank you for sharing their number. I just spoke to them. The officer said they would be able to print the CoPR in Coutts if I give them the PR number. He also said I should be able to land if I follow the health protocol. Any other guidance? I am still little anxious but thinking I will take the risk. Please let me know if you feel otherwise. I had raised a webform requesting the IRCC to send me the COPR document. That was forwarded to the Sydney office from Mississauga office about three weeks back and but haven't heard anything. I am not sure if they will come back to me in time before I need to start my employment. What are your thoughts? Should I keep waiting for Sydney office to respond to my webform or should I just go given the guidance I have received from the CBSA officers and IRCC call center agents. The CBSA officer did ask me what passport I have. I told him I have India passport. but he didn't mention that I need PRV or anything like that.
Hi @amkumar Please do share your experience if you are going to cross the border via land through US. I am in same situation, I don't have COPR document just AL letter and received an email in april that AL was sent by administrative error. So, please share you experience once you reach Canada.
Good luck