+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

I received my letter to redo the medicals & PCC. I'm now residing in UAE, I have lived in 4 countries for more than 6 months. during the initial application, I managed to receive PCC from all four countries. My question is, should I again apply for those countries which I have not visited again after receiving my first CoPR. Say I left the UK in 2013 and never went back, should I need to apply again for UK PCC too?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi,

I received my letter to redo the medicals & PCC. I'm now residing in UAE, I have lived in 4 countries for more than 6 months. during the initial application, I managed to receive PCC from all four countries. My question is, should I again apply for those countries which I have not visited again after receiving my first CoPR. Say I left the UK in 2013 and never went back, should I need to apply again for UK PCC too?
As long as you haven't gone back and lived in those countries, you don't have to do new ones. Submit the old ones but get a new one for the country you are currently living in

Reactions: BillyWescott

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
As long as you haven't gone back and lived in those countries, you don't have to do new ones. Submit the old ones but get a new one for the country you are currently living in
Dear @Welluf2019

Thanks for your reply. I'm a citizen of India, and ever since I got the Initial Visa issued, I haven't travelled outside of UAE. I have got the medicals done and PCC from UAE where I'm currently living. I have the old PCC of the other countries including my home country. So should I presume that I'm good to go?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Dear @Welluf2019

Thanks for your reply. I'm a citizen of India, and ever since I got the Initial Visa issued, I haven't travelled outside of UAE. I have got the medicals done and PCC from UAE where I'm currently living. I have the old PCC of the other countries including my home country. So should I presume that I'm good to go?
Yes

AMM26

May 25, 2021
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, for those of you who are going through the process of getting re-medicals to be issued a new copr, once your medicals were submitted and approved did you get a PPR or a request for a PCC? I’m seeing some people posting about PCC and others aren’t.

Reactions: BillyWescott

timchi

Mar 24, 2020
Good day everyone,

I have one question. What is the normal processing time for getting COPR renewed after re-medicals were done? We got our re-medicals done in early March, seems like the process is dragging now.

Ozed15

Mar 4, 2021
Same case here. I submitted passport to VFS, Tokyo. They forwarded that to IRCC Manila office. Me & My wife Visa was issued from IRCC Manila while my daughter visa was issued from Hong Kong office.
Congrats. Is the new COPR annotated to show that it is replacing the old one?

Mavs_2016

May 25, 2021
Hi,

Hi Vimalan

You have to submit all the PCCs again. We were in the same situation and raised this with IRCC. They replied that we need to submit updated PCCs again as requested. We did try to reason with them and also mentioned that we have not visited those countries again. We also told them that it is mentioned in the IRCC site too but they pointed to the fact "An officer may ask for it again". Make sure you resubmit the PCCs again and don't take a chance.

This is the below message I received from IRCC.

Thank you for your inquiry. You are required to provide updated police certificate(s) from each country/state where you have resided for at least 6 months, since the age of 18.

Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Last edited:

leoMessi927

May 13, 2019
I received request to re do medicals and get PCC. Along with this I also received request to send them my passport. It says:

"Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel
document This must be received at this office by: 2021/07/12"

They don't say where should I send them the passport, which address. I am in USA.

Similarly for PCC they say I should send it to their office. What office?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

You do not need PCC for the countries that you have not visited again. Just add those PCCs along with your new(current resident country) one and submit to IRCC.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi, for those of you who are going through the process of getting re-medicals to be issued a new copr, once your medicals were submitted and approved did you get a PPR or a request for a PCC? I’m seeing some people posting about PCC and others aren’t.
I didn't receive a PCC request yet, though my medicals passed. FYI it took over 40 days since I completed re-meds to reach re-meds passed stage. So some randomness from IRCC.