+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

A_D

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
In Canada applicant (not landed yet), outland dependents..

Praise God! Finally guys after more than a year of waiting I received a PPR for my family. The message that I received few days ago in my account that I couldn't open (until now), i guess thats my virtual landing papers. I know because my VO told me before that once Im landed they will request for the passports of my dependents.

..Pre march 2020 COPR
..Expired April 2020
..Multiple webforms were sent, multiple generic response received, multiple calls were made
..Sept 2020..received the 4pt email
..October 2020..received refusal letter as their medical have expired
..November 2020...remedical done..no medical request as they already mentioned in refusal letter that once we demonstrate the requirements that they'd mentioned, to send them a webfoorm again.
..Dec 2020..acknowledgement email that they have received the documents that i sent(emedical form)
..February 2020, i emailed my VO office to make a follow up and mentioned that my dependents are done with their remedical. Apparently, they asked me to email them the emedical forms.
...March 2020, 2 weeks after i replied, received an email from VO that my dependents papers are almost complete. I just need to get landed first before they issue PPR. My file was referred to in-canada office
..April 8, a month after that email i havent received any words from in Canada office, so i emailed my VO again to ask which office did they forwarded my file. They said its in Montreal office. However, they did make follow-up themselves and requested expediting my file. The following day I received a message in my gc account which i couldn't open until now.
..6 days after, received a PPR for my family.

There you go guys! That's my journey.. lots of disappointments, worries, tears, . Don't give up guys! Yeah i know its easier said than done. Remember the promise of God to you and your family and the One Who give the promise. Just hold on onto that ( yeah i held onto that). Keep the faith.

"When the time is right, I the Lord, will make it happen." Isaiah 60:22

Thank you everyone for all your guidance and kind words..
You are right "WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, I THE LORD , WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN" Isaiah 60:22
My family is also waiting, but waiting when the Lord feels its the right time.

Mavs_2016

May 25, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I'm still in a state of confusion as some Senior members are also advising that the previously submitted PCC is sufficient. Would be happy to see if anyone was successful just by submitting the old ones with one new from their current residence.
Hi
I understand. I was also in the same situation last year. At that time, it was a unique situation and I did not have any reference because most of them were receiving 4 point, 7 point emails or remedicals or ALs. Now, people are receiving "Do you want to immigrate email" along with remedical or pcc or passport submission.

I really wish you don't have to go through the hassle of submitting new PCCs again. Everyones case is different. For me they asked me to submit updated ones and may be in your case they won't. Things would have changed this year. You never know :) I had sent my queries to the RROC email and they replied the very next day. Maybe you should try the same. They had also told me that if you have issues submitting documents online, we can email the same to them.

So, don't worry it will all be fine. If you want submit the old PCC along with the new PCC(currently residing) and mention a note too.

Reactions: Vimalan

Mavs_2016

May 25, 2021
BTW, do they request you PCC from all the countries you stayed in or just the country that you are currently staying? I just don't want to get to FBI reports once again as I am not residing in the US right now.
Someone in this group(dont remember who) was asked to submit the FBI clearance again. In some cases, they specify the country. In my case, it was a general note.

Reactions: kevran32

Mavs_2016

May 25, 2021
Hi,

I have received this letter in my account and m a bit confused about whether they are asking me to medical or not. What do they mean by "if requested"?? And where can I get this form IMM 1017

Can anyone help pls.

Medical Examination(s):
If required to continue the processing of your application, medical forms (IMM1017) and instructions
have been issued to you (and your family members, if applicable) to undergo (a) new medical
examination(s). You must take these forms with you when you go for your medical examination(s).
Important: DO NOT complete an up-front immigration medical examination, as this will delay the
processing of your application
Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the requested
documents by the due date, please advise our office by e-mail. We understand that some documentation
may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to provide
the requested documents on time
They will send it to your account.

Ralino

Apr 9, 2020
Just to update everyone as promised. I received my new COPR and it is annotated that....... "this document replaces the COPR issued on or before 18 March 2020"..... in other words, I can travel anytime.

Good luck to everyone
Congratulation
Did new COPR is a stampled visa or a separate document please.
Thanks

kevran32

Jan 9, 2020
Someone in this group(dont remember who) was asked to submit the FBI clearance again. In some cases, they specify the country. In my case, it was a general note.
So, did you order new PCCs altogether or just one for the country you are currently residing in?

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
If you walk to use a taxi service, you do not need a visa. The visa in only required of you use a commercial carries, i.e. airlines, bus, etc.

Using a personal car, rental car, a taxi, walking can be done without a visa.

However, you will have to go to the secondary checkpoint, inside the officer and it can take some time for the processing to be done.
Thank you @legalfalcon . Couple of additional questions:

1) I went to AirCanada booth on LA Airport and showed them the Travel Authorization letter. They said that they will confirm the validity of my COPR number with authorities on the day of travel and they will allow me to board the plane if my CoPR # is valid. If they allow, should I just take the flight instead.

2) I have also my dependent (my wife and two sons) on my application and their CoPR # is also with us. I was planning to first go myself settle in before they travel. Is it fine for them to land after I have landed or do we all need to go togther?

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
Hi @amkumar Please do share your experience if you are going to cross the border via land through US. I am in same situation, I don't have COPR document just AL letter and received an email in april that AL was sent by administrative error. So, please share you experience once you reach Canada.
Good luck
Sumit,

Are you also based out of US? Did you go this email on 23rd of April? Is there a number I can call you?

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
I am inland applicant was stuck in India because of Covid. I was issued AL and COPR and PR visa in the system still denied boarding by CBSA official. I never have stamped PR visa on my passport not even expired as I was inland applicant and never been asked to get it stamped on passport. This is really a miscommunication between CBSA and IRCC. After receiving AL I confirmed with IRCC again over email that I don't have PR visa on passport. They confirmed that I can travel with AL, COPR and PR visa has been authorized in the system and CBSA official has been notified that I will be entering Canada at port of entry. This is pathetic, I am gonna lose my 3 day hotel booking amount as it was non-refundable. :(:mad:
Did you enter Canada via India using AL or did you try to enter from US Border?

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
My case is exactly as you. I also traveled to India in Feb 2020. My WP is expired and since then I am stuck India. My PR was approved on June-2020. It was mentioned on the COPR to apply for PRTD if out of Canada. I applied for it got approved and they asked me to book a ticket and send it over if need to travel within 30 days. I did that but there was surprise they cancelled my current COPR as I was out of Canada when I received COPR and issued a new COPR in the system. They issued me AL for travel, note that here I was never issue PR visa stamp on my passport as I was inland applicant.
I took the AL went to the airport the CBSA official denied my the boarding saying that you don't have PR stamp on passport. I cam back and wrote to IRCC that I was denied boarding. IRCC extended my medical and issued me AL again after 3 months again for travel and wrote them back that I don't have exppired COPR or PR visa in my passport please confirm If I can travel with AL only. IRCC replied yes you may travel with AL only. I took the AL to airport and again denied baording by CBSA saying that I don't have stamp on passport. This is ridiculous, irresponsible behavior from IRCC. I wrote them back all over again and waiting since month and no reply.
So one thing to note here that you can't travel with AL only PR visa stamp(valid/expired) should be on your passport in order to travel. I am frustrated with their process.

if you need more information or any question please DM me.
Just reading this I am assuming you tried to travel from India. Do you have CBSA officials in India? I believe it would be Indian immigration officer who would have denied your onboarding on the flight and not CBSA. Please correct me if I am wrong. the IRCC customer service agents told me that I may have a problem boarding the flight in the absence of a PR visa and hence they are asking me to come via land. They said once you are on the border CBSA would be able to print COPR for me.

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
Sumit,

Are you also based out of US? Did you go this email on 23rd of April? Is there a number I can call you?
@SUMIT,

I did verify with CBSA officer and they said that if I come via land they won't turn me back. They will refer me to the immigration officer. Problem only happen if I use a flight. They will need a valid COPR or some kind of visa.

@legalfalcon,

Today the officer said that they can't print the COPR letter as they don't have access to the immigration documents. They will refer me to the immigration officer who will have access. So if the CoPR is authorized in the system they should be able to print it out. Is that ok?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon . Couple of additional questions:

1) I went to AirCanada booth on LA Airport and showed them the Travel Authorization letter. They said that they will confirm the validity of my COPR number with authorities on the day of travel and they will allow me to board the plane if my CoPR # is valid. If they allow, should I just take the flight instead.

2) I have also my dependent (my wife and two sons) on my application and their CoPR # is also with us. I was planning to first go myself settle in before they travel. Is it fine for them to land after I have landed or do we all need to go togther?
1. Usually without a valid visa you cannot travel on a commercial vehicle. However, if you want to give it a try, you can, but I highly doubt it. You may just get lucky.

2. Only the PA has to land first or along with the dependents in the application. Dependents cannot land before the PA does.