+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ajourney

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
In the same boat with some on this thread. Pre March 2020 COPR holder. Remedicals January 2021. Still awaiting New PPR.. VO- Ottawa.

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
has anyone had their meds done in mumbai recently? how's the adherence to covid protocols?
I did my medical exam at Lilavati, Bandra, last week. There were about 15-18 people while I was there. The staff was wearing masks and tests themselves were done fairly methodically, but everyone had to wait together in a lobby for a while. But a nurse did come a few times to check if people were sitting with some gap. It took 3 hours in total.

Ajalpatel

Feb 22, 2021
Hi @agk1956 - I am in the same situation - I got the PPR yesterday after a very long wait. NDVO, dont know how to submit passports since VFS is closed

Hi @Ajalpatel @agrawalakshay @BillyWescott @rroh202 @raaz141083

Please let us know if you are aware of any solutions to this

For anyone who is following this
Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired - June 2020
RTT 5 th Jan 2021
Remedical - 9th March 2021
Remedicals Approved - 5th April 2021
Do you still want to immigrate - 19th April 2021
PPR - 10 May 2021
Congratulations on PPR
Yes due to closer of VFS you can’t submit the passport for stamp. Just simply inform IRRC via webform and let them know why you are not able to submit passport.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
there is a possibility I might also get a PCC as its about to expire in July 2021, I got my PPC done in New Delhi.
I was somehow expecting a PCC for expired CoPR holders as most of us would be AoRs from 2019.

Reactions: K&K
Mar 28, 2021
Congratulations on PPR
Yes due to closer of VFS you can’t submit the passport for stamp. Just simply inform IRRC via webform and let them know why you are not able to submit passport.
वी.ए.सी. (VAC) सेवाएं फिर से शुरू होने पर, ग्राहक अपने समय सीमा समाप्त बी.आई.एल. (BIL) और / या समय सीमा समाप्त पासपोर्ट अनुरोध पत्र का इस्तेमाल करके बायोमेट्रिक्स के लिए नामांकन कर पाएंगे और / या पासपोर्ट जमा कर पाएंगे।

अगली सूचना तक, आई.आर.सी.सी. (IRCC) / वी.ए.सी. (VAC) समय सीमा समाप्त बॉयोमीट्रिक निर्देश पत्र (BILs) और पासपोर्ट अनुरोध पत्र स्वीकार करना जारी रखेंगे। आई.आर.सी.सी. (IRCC) अग्रिम मे इस विस्तार की अवधि समाप्त होने की सूचना ग्राहकों को देगी।

Canadian Immigration and Citizenship

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Wondering what the current state of affairs are for people who had gotten COPR year last but couldn't travel due to Covid situation? Our COPR expired in November 2020 so we asked IRCC what the next steps are and they send standard response to contact them when we are ready to travel.

We have not received any communication since then. From the replies it looks like IRCC is sending emails to some people asking if they are still interested. Is that random or do I first need to send any email to IRCC?

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
It does not matter whether you have a COPR and will become a PR when you land or you have to promise that you will return. These are insignificant things. The factors that are looked into are your reason to come to Canada, your ties with your home country, past Travel.

It is the combination of all and not just one.
I see... Then in my case I am not sure they would consider me eligible: even if I say that my reason to go is to work there (which is true), the fact that my company is based in Australia, and that I am French with only temporary visa here that is expiring in a month, and that other than family, I don't have much waiting for me in France... So I doubt they'll be thinking "Yeah this guy will leave for sure after his permit expires" XD
Anyway, as it seems that I could ask for the Intra-Company transferee:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2n
Which would be potentially treated in 2 weeks (NOC code A), I think I'll have to bite the bullet and give it a go...

Thanks a lot for your help @legalfalcon !

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hi @agk1956 - I am in the same situation - I got the PPR yesterday after a very long wait. NDVO, dont know how to submit passports since VFS is closed

Hi @Ajalpatel @agrawalakshay @BillyWescott @rroh202 @raaz141083

Please let us know if you are aware of any solutions to this

For anyone who is following this
Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired - June 2020
RTT 5 th Jan 2021
Remedical - 9th March 2021
Remedicals Approved - 5th April 2021
Do you still want to immigrate - 19th April 2021
PPR - 10 May 2021
Is your visa office NDVO?