+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

consbear

Jul 7, 2019
Is there anyone who received a re-medical request recently?
I received the "do you still want to immigrate" email on April 19th, profile updated on April 22th, then nothing till now.
Quite disheartening to know that some people did their re-medical in late January, but haven't got PPR as well...

ki2_2019

Dec 1, 2019
No, you are not exempt from travel restrictions. To travel to Canada, you will need either an authorisation to travel us you have an immediate family member or extended family member is Canada, or you will have to apply for a work permit.

You cannot travel to Canada on your COPR even if you have a job offer.
Thanks for the clarification

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
I received the "do you still want to immigrate" email on April 19th, profile updated on April 22th, then nothing till now.
Quite disheartening to know that some people did their re-medical in late January, but haven't got PPR as well...
No. I'm in the same situation (April19).

Reactions: K&K

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
even im waiting I got the mail on 19th April 2021 as well.

technotanu

Aug 8, 2020
Yes , send a reply to the mail. One of my friends did and got it changed for 90 days. That was not because of covid but for his personal reasons
Hello everyone!!

I was wondering how to inform IRCC that we need more time to get our medicals done. Can we mail them ? But at what e-mail id? or we should inform them via webform?

Really confused.. plz do help.

Thanks
Tanu

May 10, 2021
I have a pre March 2020 expired copr and I’ve just received a job offer in Canada. I replied to the still interested email but haven’t heard anything back about medicals etc. any suggestions for me. I really really really don’t want to miss out on this job offer.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hey. has anyone travelled to canada from india during this travel ban?. i have seen few of them travel via maldives and other indirect routes . How feasible is that?

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hello everyone. Perhaps someone can help me here. My wife (who is Japanese) got her COPR. However, the COPR expires in two weeks? That's incredibly soon. Her passport expires in over a month but she's extending that right now. Her medical exam is valid until March 2022 (next year). There's no way we can leave Japan in that short period of time! Also, there's no way of contacting IRCC because it says not to use the webform to contact them. Why exactly would they give us only two weeks to enter? Especially during a pandemic? Should we expect to get an e-mail from IRCC about this?

Thanks in advance!
If her passport is expiring soon that is probably the reason why the COPR expires in two weeks. I remember reading situations similar to that here in the past. She should have renewed/applied for a new passport before being so close to the expiration date.

Try calling the local visa office that issued the COPR in Japan. But I think it will be very hard to extend that. Is it really impossible for her to travel in two weeks? I know it's really a short timeframe for such a move, but it seems less stressful than to try to wait for a reply / new COPR

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
Just resident, I.e who resides in the US on a temporary visa or is a pr or citizen.
Thank you. I have another question. What I had received in January was a AL with below notes. It was not a CoPR.

"On March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada announced travel restrictions to Canada to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians. Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on 2020/09/18 (BTW my application truly moved to approved status on 2021/1/28) and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document (I never had received this and I had written back to them).

If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport. Your CoPR and PR visa TXXXXXXXX will expire on 2022/11/30.

At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
 bring this letter;
 show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that your COPR and PR visa are valid; and,
 use this letter before 2022/11/30"

My application also moved to approved status with same TXXXXXXXXXX number and expiry date noted in the travel document number. I also received another email from them saying

"Hello,
This is to confirm that you may now use your travel authorization letters to travel to Canada. Your new COPR has been authorized in the system and CBSA has been notified that you will be entering Canada using your travel authorization letter at the port of entry.
At this time, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
• bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa if you received one
• show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.
Use this letter before (re-issued COPR Expiry Date 2022/11/30) "

However just two weeks back on April 23rd they sent below email:
" This is inform you that due to an administrative error, you were sent an AUTHORIZATION letter on 2021-01-08 to travel to Canada . Unfortunately, at this time, you will not be able to travel to Canada with the letter of Authorization that was sent to you. You cannot travel to Canada at this time, please do not make travel arrangements. If you have already made travel plans, please contact us immediately by replying to this email or call the call centre (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time) 1-800-855-0511 (Voice to TTY) 711 (TTY to Voice) 1-800-855.

Once travel restriction are lifted, your application will be processed as a priority.

To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA). Please refer to the link below to obtain detail information regarding foreign nationals who are eligible to travel to Canada."

Interesting above email was sent on April 23rd when Canada has stopped any flight arrival from India. I am not sure they did to everyone with India passport without worrying about their residence status.

My application is in approved status and has COPR TXXXXXXXX in the document number that is valid till 2022/11/30. I also know that they had extended my medical to "August 18, 2021". They had mentioned this in "Are you able to travel to Canada soon email".

I am confused if they have only cancelled my travel authorization or have cancelled CoPR as well. Though the same CoPR number reflect in my application. Can I take the AL, my application page to give my CoPR # to immigration office and my job offer to immigrate as PR. Will that be fine give US resident are exempt from travel.

nav-2d

Mar 10, 2017
Hi all, asking on behalf of a friend. My friend's sister could not travel and her copr expired in May 2020. After multiple webforms she got medical request again.

She recently did re-medical and now she got passport request. Two questions:
1. It asks to pay right of permanent residence fees if not paid yet. But she already paid this during the first copr. So, do we need to pay this fees again?
2. There is a step "The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants". Do we just write on paper and attach with other documents?

Thanks!

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

I finally received my new PPR after a long time ,I am a PRE Mach COPR holder and VO is New Delhi.

They have asked me to submit passport in 30 days but VFS is closed is anyone else in the same situation ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi @agk1956 - I am in the same situation - I got the PPR yesterday after a very long wait. NDVO, dont know how to submit passports since VFS is closed

Hi @Ajalpatel @agrawalakshay @BillyWescott @rroh202 @raaz141083

Please let us know if you are aware of any solutions to this

For anyone who is following this
Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired - June 2020
RTT 5 th Jan 2021
Remedical - 9th March 2021
Remedicals Approved - 5th April 2021
Do you still want to immigrate - 19th April 2021
PPR - 10 May 2021

Last edited:

surjitsk

Feb 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have recieved an email asking if I still want to immigrate to canada.

I will be responding by saying yes, but there is a possibility that I will be getting married in the next 3-4 months i.e my status will be changing.

1. What happens if I get my application approved and copr issued before I get married?

2. What happens if I get married and my application is still under process?

Do I need to be worried that my application will rejected when I inform them of my status change (either after its approved OR before its approved) since they specifically state that it is now closed and will be reopened only once.

Thanks.
Do you see any changes in your profile after you sent them the reply?

ameha

Jun 1, 2018
Hello again, how will I see the remedical request? In my application messages or account messages?

people who got remedicals — did you also get an email?