+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
URGENT HELP Request:

Hello friends,

I am an FSW-O pre-18 Mar 2020 applicant with an expired CoPR.

I received the “...still willing to migrate...” email, which I responded in the positive.
Subsequently, I received the re-medical request.

Now, my spouse’s passport is getting expired in next 4 months, and hence IRCC has asked me to share the new (extended) passport. Due to COVID, I am unable to visit Passport office, and hence would like to request IRCC for more time for the same. In such cases, IRCC letter had asked us to email them about the situation. But there is no email Id shared, where we need to respond.

While I’ll be replying through the webform, they have specifically asked us to reply by email.

Can anyone suggest which email Id I should use to update them, pls?
Thanks in advance.
Also, how did they ask you to send the extended passport? By email or did you receive a message in your account?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I need some clarification. Will I be allowed to enter Canada if I have a valid CoPR and visa along with a job offer from a country other than US ? Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by "with a job offer from a country other than US" and which country are you travelling from?

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Some good news :)

"......The new modelling showed that restrictions could be lifted when 75 per cent of adults have received their first doses and 20 per cent have received their second doses of vaccines. When that scenario is reached, “restrictive measures could be gradually eased as long as adequate tests, trace [and] isolate capacity and individual precautions are maintained,” Tam explained. "

"....... As of April 25, Canada has fully vaccinated one million people, while another 10 million have received first doses. To reach Tam’s 75-20 metric, another 13.7 million adults will need first doses while another 5.3 million require second doses.

Right now, Canada is administering an average of around 300,000 doses a day. At our current pace, Canada will reach that 75 per cent first-dose mark by June 6, a little over a month away, according to Trevor Tombe, an associate professor of economics at the University of Calgary, who provides daily updates on Canada’s vaccine progress on his Twitter feed....."

Source: https://www.macleans.ca/news/what-new-covid-vaccine-modelling-says-about-when-canada-might-lift-restrictions/

Thanks @hassankm for sharing it

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Those who have responsed on the "Do you still want to immigrate"

and have their GCKey Status as "Submitted"

Does your GCKey also show this?

Background checkHelp - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Hi everyone
I am an approved PR after march 2020 and the expiry of my Copr is October 2021. Today my application changed from approved to profile updated but nothing else has changed !
Anyone knows what does it mean?
Very strange that your application status has changed while your CoPR is still valid!

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Some good news :)

"......The new modelling showed that restrictions could be lifted when 75 per cent of adults have received their first doses and 20 per cent have received their second doses of vaccines. When that scenario is reached, “restrictive measures could be gradually eased as long as adequate tests, trace [and] isolate capacity and individual precautions are maintained,” Tam explained. "

"....... As of April 25, Canada has fully vaccinated one million people, while another 10 million have received first doses. To reach Tam’s 75-20 metric, another 13.7 million adults will need first doses while another 5.3 million require second doses.

Right now, Canada is administering an average of around 300,000 doses a day. At our current pace, Canada will reach that 75 per cent first-dose mark by June 6, a little over a month away, according to Trevor Tombe, an associate professor of economics at the University of Calgary, who provides daily updates on Canada’s vaccine progress on his Twitter feed....."

Source: https://www.macleans.ca/news/what-new-covid-vaccine-modelling-says-about-when-canada-might-lift-restrictions/

Thanks @hassankm for sharing it
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-your-express-entry-application-is-approved.719108/post-9393023

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Urgent need to travel to start employment

Hi all,

I got the email on April 20th. Now the application status changed to submitted by end of April. Awaiting re-medicals request.

But I have a job offer with start date in August (That is the latest I could push it to) Is it possible for me to communicate my start date of employment to them to expedite any further processes involved in reissuance of COPR

- I do plan on raising a webform attaching the offer letter with the joining date.
- Apart from that is there an option to provide the 'offer letter' as updated information so that they could expedite the process?
- Would ordering gsm notes help in bringing their attention?

Is there anything else I can do. Because by the looks of it (after reading some of the updates) even the August timeline seems challenging now.

Any inputs on the above is appreciated. Thanks!

@legalfalcon - would appreciate any inputs on this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Urgent need to travel to start employment

Hi all,

I got the email on April 20th. Now the application status changed to submitted by end of April. Awaiting re-medicals request.

But I have a job offer with start date in August (That is the latest I could push it to) Is it possible for me to communicate my start date of employment to them to expedite any further processes involved in reissuance of COPR

- I do plan on raising a webform attaching the offer letter with the joining date.
- Apart from that is there an option to provide the 'offer letter' as updated information so that they could expedite the process?
- Would ordering gsm notes help in bringing their attention?

Is there anything else I can do. Because by the looks of it (after reading some of the updates) even the August timeline seems challenging now.

Any inputs on the above is appreciated. Thanks!

@legalfalcon - would appreciate any inputs on this.
Having. a job offer will not expedite the processing of your application. Though you can surely try.

If you have a job offer and want to join, you will have to apply for a work permit. Even if you receive a COPR, unless you re exempt from travel restrictions, you cannot travel to Canada. Individuals with work permits are however exempt from travel restrictions.

Reactions: sr.nadar

ki2_2019

Dec 1, 2019
What do you mean by "with a job offer from a country other than US" and which country are you travelling from?
I will be travelling from India. Currently there is a travel ban, but after the ban is lifted, will I be exempted to enter Canada if I have a job offer (with my existing valid CoPR and Visa)?

indiesoda

Jul 9, 2020
Hello everyone. Perhaps someone can help me here. My wife (who is Japanese) got her COPR. However, the COPR expires in two weeks? That's incredibly soon. Her passport expires in over a month but she's extending that right now. Her medical exam is valid until March 2022 (next year). There's no way we can leave Japan in that short period of time! Also, there's no way of contacting IRCC because it says not to use the webform to contact them. Why exactly would they give us only two weeks to enter? Especially during a pandemic? Should we expect to get an e-mail from IRCC about this?

Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I will be travelling from India. Currently there is a travel ban, but after the ban is lifted, will I be exempted to enter Canada if I have a job offer (with my existing valid CoPR and Visa)?
No, you are not exempt from travel restrictions. To travel to Canada, you will need either an authorisation to travel us you have an immediate family member or extended family member is Canada, or you will have to apply for a work permit.

You cannot travel to Canada on your COPR even if you have a job offer.

Reactions: ki2_2019