+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ki2_2019

Dec 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I have a clarification. Who is getting
"Do you still want to immigrate..." email ? Is it pre March 2020 Copr or rest of 2020 CoPR who hasn't travelled yet ? Thanks!

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hello everyone,
I would like to share a good news with all.
My brother n his wife received PPR today after long long long wait.
They are pre March COPR holders.
VO: New Delhi
First COPR issued: March 14 2020
COPR expired: May 1st 2020
Re medical done: Nov 18th 2020
GC key updated: March 5th 2021
New PPR email: May 7th 2021
Hey... congratulations... Did they get 'do you still want to immigrate' email ???? Else they directly got PPR after re medical ??? Kindly share. One thin more , have they applied from india or they are inland applicants???

Last edited:
Reactions: pavie24

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
I never said you have to be a citizen, you have to be a resident. As I said, you can try, but that is upon you to figure and see if it worth taking the risk. If your visa is expiring, you will be issued a new one, if you re referring to PR visa.

This is a recent article if you want to read https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadians-avoiding-hotel-quarantines-air-travellers-fuel-taxi-boom-us-border-2021-04-25/
Thank you for the link, it is very interesting indeed...
I get your point about US residency, and not necessarily US citizenship, but I don't see any mention of residency either, like @JayTheGreat mentioned...
But yes, I think you are right, I will just have to decide if the risk is worth it or not when my Australian visa expires... (my COPR expires next January, so for this I have time, renewal or not) It's just such a shame that we can't get any precise information from IRCC, nor any direct line of communication with them :rolleyes:

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
@Jpsingh77 @BillyWescott @CNP

I just got an email stating "Your application status has changes.". I logged in and my application status has been updated. Medicals are gone.

So, looking through threads, I should expect a re-med request. @Jpsingh77 you mentioned it shows up as a message in the account.

Did any of you receive a email stating that you had a message OR did you end up checking your account every day?
I received the email informing me about an update in my account.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the link, it is very interesting indeed...
I get your point about US residency, and not necessarily US citizenship, but I don't see any mention of residency either, like @JayTheGreat mentioned...
But yes, I think you are right, I will just have to decide if the risk is worth it or not when my Australian visa expires... (my COPR expires next January, so for this I have time, renewal or not) It's just such a shame that we can't get any precise information from IRCC, nor any direct line of communication with them :rolleyes:
Here is my post on this when some applicants who travelled to Canada were asked to leave.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hey everyone.. I got a ghost update on my profile today..
Application status changed from Submitted to Application/profile updated. But I can't see any update.

Pre-March 18th COPR
VO- NDVO
Do you still want to immigrate email - 15th March'21, replied on the same day.
Remedical Request - 15th April
Did my medicals on 21st April
Medicals Approved/passed on 24th April

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
Here is my post on this when some applicants who travelled to Canada were asked to leave.
Wow that's pretty scary ! I always thought that if they let you board the plane, and if you reach the Port of Entry, as long as you have your COPR, you'll be fine. It seems not !
Hum I definitely do not want to reach Canada "illegally"... On the other hand, if their website says we can come as long as we go through US, is it my fault if they didn't mention I'd also need to be a US resident ? I mean, it's been two months that I am trying to contact them so I do with what information I have... So unless it is written clearly somewhere that the exemption is for US residents only, and unless the restrictions are lifted by mid-end of June, I think I'll take my chances....maybe :x
But thanks for the info in any case, I appreciate it !

Reactions: Phoenix_woye

Ajalpatel

Feb 22, 2021
Hey... congratulations... Did they get 'do you still want to immigrate' email ???? Else they directly got PPR after re medical ??? Kindly share. One thin more , have they applied from india or they are inland applicants???
Yes, they received ‘do u still want to immigrate?’email on March 9th 2021. They applied from India.

S_D_S

Mar 21, 2021
Hey everyone.. I got a ghost update on my profile today..
Application status changed from Submitted to Application/profile updated. But I can't see any update.

Pre-March 18th COPR
VO- NDVO
Do you still want to immigrate email - 15th March'21, replied on the same day.
Remedical Request - 15th April
Did my medicals on 21st April
Medicals Approved/passed on 24th April

Mine is almost same time frame as yours. But no ghost update yet.