+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi guys, anyone here missed the deadline for the "Do you still want to immigrate e-mail"? My wife and i just found out that it had for some reason gone into the 'spam' folder and that we were supposed to reply to it by April 8. Will they close our application and will we have to restart the entire process? Anybody here who had sent a delayed response but still got request for re-meds/AL etc?

Any help would be appreciated, we are extremely anxious that they will close our application now.
According to my knowledge ,now the only thing you can do. you send webform to IRCC and mention your reason for missing the mail.tell them we are really interested to be a PR of Canada.please consider our application for further steps.I am sure they will get back to you.
And try to reply on that mail also which you have received .whose deadline was 8th April.it’s nothing bad in it.

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
In my "do you still want..." email IRCC said that I should NOT change the subject line and that if I did then probably it would take longer for them to see my response.
It’s an automated reply,once you will click reply on that mail.it will go automatically to that address which they have mentioned and for confirmation do check email I’d before sending the mail.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I got PPR after re-medicals.
Re-medicals request - 10th December 2020
Status updated on GCkey - 4th Jan 2021
PPR - 7th April 2021
COPR - 22nd April 2021
Did your remedicals come after the "do you still want to immigrate to Canada" email from IRCC was answered positively by you?
Or was it related to a web form you raised, like a Ready To Travel for instance?

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
According to my knowledge ,now the only thing you can do. you send webform to IRCC and mention your reason for missing the mail.tell them we are really interested to be a PR of Canada.please consider our application for further steps.I am sure they will get back to you.
And try to reply on that mail also which you have received .whose deadline was 8th April.it’s nothing bad in it.
Yes, we have already replied to the mail, and will raise the webform now. Im hoping there is someone here who has had success in doing this and confirms the same, the anxiety is killing me.

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Yes, we have already replied to the mail, and will raise the webform now. Im hoping there is someone here who has had success in doing this and confirms the same, the anxiety is killing me.
Somebody shared this same case here.bit don’t know what happened next but dnt worry and be positive.it will get positive result.Good luck

Reactions: amarneo

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
[ABOUT "DO YOU STILL WANT TO..." EMAIL, TO ALL PRE-MARCH 18 PEOPLE]

Does any one have any information regarding the new CoPR deadline after remedicals after the "do you still want..." email?
Is it valid for a whole year from the date of the remedicals?

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Hi,

With heavy heart i would to share that i missed replying to the email with subject line "
Action required by April 22, 2021: Confirm that you still want to immigrate to Canada
"
I don't know how but i missed the deadline and just replied to that email.

Anyone know what will happen to my profile now? I just don't want to miss the opportunity

Please guide and help based on your experience
The same thing happened to me, it went to the spam folder for some reason and i missed it and replied today, which is way past the deadline given in the e-mail. Please let me know as well if you get any positive reply from IRCC

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I got "do you want to immigrate" mail on 13th April. Replied positively the next day. My details got updated in the account in a week.

Still waiting for medical request. Seems things are slow now. :/
any news?

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Could anyone please confirm if the new CoPR after ReMedicals after "still want to immigrate..." email for pre-March18 people lasts for a whole year from remedical examination date?

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
@sh221b Mr Holmes, I got my remed request on 8th March, did the remed on 9th March and it was approved in my GCKey on 5th April.
On 19th April, I got the "Do you still want to immigrate" email

NDVO, pre 18 march copr,

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data
Did you get a new CoPR after ReMedicals, after "do you still want to immigrate..." email?
Could you please tell if the new CoPR deadline is 1 year after ReMedicals or not?

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
HEllo ,

Are you a pre march 18 copr holder?
I also passed my re-meds on Jan 27th and still waiting for the next step.

My initial copr expired in dec 2020 and theyve asked me for remeds which i did in JAn 27th 2021 but nothing updates since then. I am hoping this doesnt take much longer...

Good luck!
Any news??????????

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Was finally able to reach an IRCC agent on the phone today after several attempts. However it did not provide much new information. She told us to send a webform to say my wife is ready to travel and wait until IRCC contacts us with a COPR renewal. I've already sent the webforms months ago. Contradicts their website which says not to send any webforms.

The other thing she said is my wife can't come to Canada unless she has a valid copr. I thought immediate family members of citizens could at least come visit?

The wait continues. Going through this thread, the latest COPR renewal I've seen was somebody with a Sep 2020 expiry.

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
You have to be a resident of US to fall under the exemption. Some applicants have tried it and done it, but it will depend on a case by case basis, and the officer at the Port of entry can deny you admission.
Whether it is on this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other

Or in the tool to determine whether you can enter:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

There is no mention of being a US citizen to qualify for that exemption, only that you need to come from US (including a connection).

So if what you say is correct @legalfalcon then it is a GROSS oversight from IRCC's documentation, in my opinion ! Especially when we see how impossible it is to contact them from outside Canada, you would expect that their website is accurate and precise, and that you can rely on it to make life changing decision like moving abroad...
I am trying to contact them to try to confirm this, but no luck so far...

Have you heard of anyone that tried and actually got refused to enter when coming through US ? Even with just a flight connection as opposed to fully landing in US ? Like you said, I saw some members here that did it successfully, but I haven't seen anyone rejected yet.

My visa is coming to an end very soon, and I need to make a decision: do I attempt it or not ? Not an easy thing to do when you leave everything and you have no guarantee...