17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Whether it is on this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other

Or in the tool to determine whether you can enter:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

There is no mention of being a US citizen to qualify for that exemption, only that you need to come from US (including a connection).

So if what you say is correct @legalfalcon then it is a GROSS oversight from IRCC's documentation, in my opinion ! Especially when we see how impossible it is to contact them from outside Canada, you would expect that their website is accurate and precise, and that you can rely on it to make life changing decision like moving abroad...
I am trying to contact them to try to confirm this, but no luck so far...

Have you heard of anyone that tried and actually got refused to enter when coming through US ? Even with just a flight connection as opposed to fully landing in US ? Like you said, I saw some members here that did it successfully, but I haven't seen anyone rejected yet.

My visa is coming to an end very soon, and I need to make a decision: do I attempt it or not ? Not an easy thing to do when you leave everything and you have no guarantee...
I never said you have to be a citizen, you have to be a resident. As I said, you can try, but that is upon you to figure and see if it worth taking the risk. If your visa is expiring, you will be issued a new one, if you re referring to PR visa.

This is a recent article if you want to read https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadians-avoiding-hotel-quarantines-air-travellers-fuel-taxi-boom-us-border-2021-04-25/

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Whether it is on this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other

Or in the tool to determine whether you can enter:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

There is no mention of being a US citizen to qualify for that exemption, only that you need to come from US (including a connection).

So if what you say is correct @legalfalcon then it is a GROSS oversight from IRCC's documentation, in my opinion ! Especially when we see how impossible it is to contact them from outside Canada, you would expect that their website is accurate and precise, and that you can rely on it to make life changing decision like moving abroad...
I am trying to contact them to try to confirm this, but no luck so far...

Have you heard of anyone that tried and actually got refused to enter when coming through US ? Even with just a flight connection as opposed to fully landing in US ? Like you said, I saw some members here that did it successfully, but I haven't seen anyone rejected yet.

My visa is coming to an end very soon, and I need to make a decision: do I attempt it or not ? Not an easy thing to do when you leave everything and you have no guarantee...
I tried the link..

You indicated that you are:

• a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada

Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.

You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently.

Based on the link, you would be allowed to enter Canada if you will be entering via US even if you received your CoPR after March 18, 2020. Even connections are allowed, not necessarily be a US resident.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello All,

Really Appreciate your time in reading our message.

Our EE PR application in the CEC category was submitted in Oct, 2019. It was already approved and passports were requested in (March, 2020). COPR was also issued in May, 2020 with validity for only 11 days instead of 6 months. Due to Covid lockdowns, COPR was received within Canada via mail one day after the given validity date, and therefore could not be used for PR Landing.

We are in Canada CEC applicants (staying in Canada for the last 10 years). We have been communicating with IRCC for the last one year, to get instructions on the next steps for completing our PR Status (extended COPR/Virtual landing/call from IRCC). Yet we don’t have any updates/instructions/timeline from IRCC when our PR process would complete and what is the next step from here, what to expect.

The Local MP office also communicated multiple times on my behalf and each time, IRCC just informed me things are in progress without any valid details. We are already waiting one year here and can not see any timelines in the online application. It would be really great, if we can please get an idea, how many days/weeks/months/years it would take to get the next instructions to complete our PR process and what are our next steps.

It is already a time of huge uncertainty with all the Pandemic around us. With more uncertainties regarding this PR status, we are really afraid, what would happen, what should we do, do we need to go back after 10 years of staying in Canada? If you have any idea about our situation and can help with any information or instructions that we should take, it would extremely help. Thanks again for your time.
Why would you go back? You can apply for bridged WP. On another note, my friend living in Canada is waiting for his PR application to get approved from last 3 years. He was almost approved 2 years ago but got married, added his wife to the PR application and then CoVID happened. Now he is in waiting lounge to hear back from IRCC.

You are living in Canada from last 10 years and never thought of applying for PR much earlier thats strange. Anyways best of luck:)

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Did you get a new CoPR after ReMedicals, after "do you still want to immigrate..." email?
Could you please tell if the new CoPR deadline is 1 year after ReMedicals or not?
No I still dont have a new COPR or PPR. Status in my GCKey is Submitted.

From what I have read about another applicant who redid he medicals (he is post 18 march though),his new COP is valid till around his remedical expiry date

didar522

May 6, 2021
Why would you go back? You can apply for bridged WP. On another note, my friend living in Canada is waiting for his PR application to get approved from last 3 years. He was almost approved 2 years ago but got married, added his wife to the PR application and then CoVID happened. Now he is in waiting lounge to hear back from IRCC.

You are living in Canada from last 10 years and never thought of applying for PR much earlier thats strange. Anyways best of luck:)
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate your time. I was in Ph.D. program and was not getting ITA points under the express entry until 2019 (after completion of Ph.D. and one-year job experience). I hope don't need to wait for 3 more years for the PR to complete. Let's see what happens. In case you have any information regarding what communication channels I can use to get updates on the application, that will be really great. Thanks again for your time.

lalloum

Oct 24, 2019
Does anyone know if we get an email when they ask for medicals? Where does the medical request document show up in the account?

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Does anyone know if we get an email when they ask for medicals? Where does the medical request document show up in the account?
It shows up as a new message in your IRCC account.
Most of the times, but not always, you may also get an email stating that your account has been updated.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello all,

Does anyone know what is the CPC-Ottawa office email adress? Or anyway to contact them other than through webforms?

Thanks

lalloum

Oct 24, 2019
It shows up as a new message in your IRCC account.
Most of the times, but not always, you may also get an email stating that your account has been updated.
@Jpsingh77 @BillyWescott @CNP

I just got an email stating "Your application status has changes.". I logged in and my application status has been updated. Medicals are gone.

So, looking through threads, I should expect a re-med request. @Jpsingh77 you mentioned it shows up as a message in the account.

Did any of you receive a email stating that you had a message OR did you end up checking your account every day?

Reactions: BillyWescott

LK009_LRE

May 30, 2019
@Jpsingh77 @BillyWescott @CNP

I just got an email stating "Your application status has changes.". I logged in and my application status has been updated. Medicals are gone.

So, looking through threads, I should expect a re-med request. @Jpsingh77 you mentioned it shows up as a message in the account.

Did any of you receive a email stating that you had a message OR did you end up checking your account every day?
Hi I guess you got this after replying to "Do you still want to immigrate?" mail. after replying within how many days you got this?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate your time. I was in Ph.D. program and was not getting ITA points under the express entry until 2019 (after completion of Ph.D. and one-year job experience). I hope don't need to wait for 3 more years for the PR to complete. Let's see what happens. In case you have any information regarding what communication channels I can use to get updates on the application, that will be really great. Thanks again for your time.
You can call IRCC call centre for update. The other communication channel is raising a webform. Things are much slower in this covid era.

Ajalpatel

Feb 22, 2021
Hello everyone,
I would like to share a good news with all.
My brother n his wife received PPR today after long long long wait.
They are pre March COPR holders.
VO: New Delhi
First COPR issued: March 14 2020
COPR expired: May 1st 2020
Re medical done: Nov 18th 2020
GC key updated: March 5th 2021
New PPR email: May 7th 2021

surjitsk

Feb 12, 2018
Has anyone who got the "Do you still want to immigrate..." email on 26th Apr 2021 got their profile updated?? Like the deletion of old CoPR details and request for new medicals?? I replied the next day on 27th and haven't got any acknowledgement nor any updates.