+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

fakenews

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi everyone!
I have a question and will be glad to hear your opinions and answers. Thanks in advance
My Copr issued Nov 2020( Post 18 March 2020) and I have my Copr and visa valid till Oct 2021.
I am OINP and my Noc is Software developer and I do not have any family member in Canada.
I received a letter with my Copr and visa stating I cannot travel now because of restrictions and also they have mentioned else where that my visa has been given the maximum validity and cannot be extended!!
Now, I do not know what I should do? can I get an AL and travel? Do I have to wait? Am I exempt considering my occupation?!pretty confused..
If any one is in the same boat or has similar experience please share with me..
The “maximum validity and cannot be extended” is just standard language on all COPR before COVID hit. You’re essentially in the same boat with all of these 17K+ replies. Currently there’s not much you can do but wait until further instructions from IRCC. Right now you cannot travel and land unfortunately.

Reactions: nedaa

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
1. You will continue to fly to Canada as a single applicant to become a permanent resident. No impact on your application, whatsoever.
2. If you get married, your application won't be affected in anyway. However, you will have to provide documents of your spouse to apply for dependent PR and pay the applicable fee (Medicals, Police clearance, RPRF and Application fee). You both will then get a new copr but the whole process will take some more time.

So, its entirely up to you if you wish to go forward and travel to Canada before getting married, or you can get married and update ircc about the status change, then apply for your spouse's PR application and then fly together at a later time.
Thanks for the response.

In option 1, will it be ok if I get the copr but choose not to land till i get married and then inform ircc so they can cancel my copr, ask for supporting docs for spouse and then issue new coprs to both of us so we can land together?

I know back in the day this was ok, but I am worried how they will respond now, especially since in the email they have said that they will be reopening my application only once.

Thanks.

ameha

Jun 1, 2018
Got the "Do you want to immigrate" email on April 7th. Replied on the same day. Received the auto response.

No change in online application yet. What’s the normal timeframe to see any updates?

anyone waiting with the same timeframe?

Last edited:

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi everyone!
I have a question and will be glad to hear your opinions and answers. Thanks in advance
My Copr issued Nov 2020( Post 18 March 2020) and I have my Copr and visa valid till Oct 2021.
I am OINP and my Noc is Software developer and I do not have any family member in Canada.
I received a letter with my Copr and visa stating I cannot travel now because of restrictions and also they have mentioned else where that my visa has been given the maximum validity and cannot be extended!!
Now, I do not know what I should do? can I get an AL and travel? Do I have to wait? Am I exempt considering my occupation?!pretty confused..
I am also from OINP and a software engineer with COPR expiring on May 10, 2021. I believe we need to wait for the restrictions to be lifted. My guess is that for your case, since you have your Visa valid until October, you'll not face any issue. Most probably borders are open by October.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hello,

May 2019 AOR here....COPR expired on May 5th 2020.

Received email on Mar 29th 2021 if I am still interested in migrating to Canada. Replied yes on the same day.

Received requesting medicals on Apr 22nd 2021. Planning to get medical test done on first or second week of May.

Country of residence - India
Hi, did your get a PDF form in your account for the medicals titled "medical report and client biodata summary?" It basically has a place for picture, client information, immigration details, immigration medical examiner grading and panel physician declaration. Wondering if everyone got the standard form? Or is it different based on country of residence?

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Got the "Do you want to immigrate" email on April 7th. Replied on the same day. Received the auto response.

No change in online application yet. What’s the normal timeframe to see any updates?

anyone waiting with the same timeframe?

Hi @ameha

I got the Do You still want to immigrate on 19th April 2021. I replied within half an hour - but I never got any auto-response.

Please could you paste what is the auto response that you got?

I replied to this email ID as was mentioned to me in the Do You Still Want to Immigrate email

<ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca>,
"IN-RROC / CORR-RI (IRCC)" <IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

VO - NDVO

Please could you tell what email ID did you reply to? and your VO

Also asking @Fmegha86 @BillyWescott @amrahsidana @CNP if you did get any Auto-Response on replying to this email? Also, what email ID did you reply to?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi @ameha

I got the Do You still want to immigrate on 19th April 2021. I replied within half an hour - but I never got any auto-response.

I replied to this email ID as was mentioned to me in the Do You Still Want to Immigrate email

VO - NDVO

Also asking @Fmegha86 @BillyWescott @amrahsidana @CNP if you did get any Auto-Response on replying to this email? Also, what email ID did you reply to?
Did not receive any acknowledgement to my reply.

Reactions: canadawaiting

ameha

Jun 1, 2018
Hi @ameha

VO - NDVO

hey

I replied to —IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I got an automated reply from the same email with very generic text message saying that we’ve received whatever you sent us.

Now waiting for an update.

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi @ameha

VO - NDVO

You don’t need to be worry if you have not received the auto reply email.I also did nt receive but my profile got update .

Reactions: ameha

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
Can somebody help me in this,my gc key account got updated after replying to do you still want to immigrate.now gc key account it says that your application is under process or we are processing your application.now how long I have to wait for the final decision?plz reply if someone knows.I shall be thankful

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi everyone!
Hey Neda,
You're not exempt from restrictions, you cannot acquire AL, and your CoPR won't be extended. Instead, if/when your CoPR and/or visa expires, you'll receive another PPR and will receive a new CoPR and Visa. Have patience, Canada might lift the restrictions before October.

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hello everyone,
Can somebody help me in this,my gc key account got updated after replying to do you still want to immigrate.now gc key account it says that your application is under process or we are processing your application.now how long I have to wait for the final decision?plz reply if someone knows.I shall be thankful
I am in the same boat.