Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I have raised couple of requests through web form last year upon expiring of my COPR. Subsequently in Jan this year they have extended my Medicals and sent me PPR early this month. My passport got stamped again with the visa with latest expiry and also got the revised COPR.
Congrats, thats great news for post Mar 18 Copr
What was the time period between the medical and issuance of ppr email?
Do you also have dependants in your application or are you a single applicant?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haydi

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Congrats, thats great news for post Mar 18 Copr
What was the time period between the medical and issuance of ppr email?
Do you also have dependants in your application or are you a single applicant?
Thank you in advance.
Thank you. My medical got extended in Jan and got the PPR like two weeks ago. Application with accompanying spouse.

Reactions: Titanium

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Thank you. My medical got extended in Jan and got the PPR like two weeks ago. Application with accompanying spouse.
Hii..what is your AOR?? Have you been issued copr earlier ,or it is your first copr ,?

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Has anyone anyone called IRCC instead of using the webform to inquire about their expired COPR and being ready to travel? What response did you get? Last time I called it just automatically disconnected me.

nedaa

Oct 20, 2018
My AOR is Jan 2020 and I got my first COPR in October last year which got expired after two months of issuance. This is my second COPR
@Haydi Hi ! may I ask what is the validity of your Copr? and when are you going to land? Are you allowed to enter Canada? Did you receive any letters with your Copr about being allowed to travel?

nedaa

Oct 20, 2018
Hi everyone!
I have a question and will be glad to hear your opinions and answers. Thanks in advance
My Copr issued Nov 2020( Post 18 March 2020) and I have my Copr and visa valid till Oct 2021.
I am OINP and my Noc is Software developer and I do not have any family member in Canada.
I received a letter with my Copr and visa stating I cannot travel now because of restrictions and also they have mentioned else where that my visa has been given the maximum validity and cannot be extended!!
Now, I do not know what I should do? can I get an AL and travel? Do I have to wait? Am I exempt considering my occupation?!pretty confused..
If any one is in the same boat or has similar experience please share with me..

Forbo

Apr 7, 2021
Hi everyone!
I have a question and will be glad to hear your opinions and answers. Thanks in advance
My Copr issued Nov 2020( Post 18 March 2020) and I have my Copr and visa valid till Oct 2021.
I am OINP and my Noc is Software developer and I do not have any family member in Canada.
I received a letter with my Copr and visa stating I cannot travel now because of restrictions and also they have mentioned else where that my visa has been given the maximum validity and cannot be extended!!
Now, I do not know what I should do? can I get an AL and travel? Do I have to wait? Am I exempt considering my occupation?!pretty confused..
If any one is in the same boat or has similar experience please share with me..
No, you can't travel. They won't allow you to board the flight. You have to wait

Reactions: nedaa

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have recieved an email asking if I still want to immigrate to canada.

I will be responding by saying yes, but there is a possibility that I will be getting married in the next 3-4 months i.e my status will be changing.

1. What happens if I get my application approved and copr issued before I get married?

2. What happens if I get married and my application is still under process?

Do I need to be worried that my application will rejected when I inform them of my status change (either after its approved OR before its approved) since they specifically state that it is now closed and will be reopened only once.

Thanks.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have recieved an email asking if I still want to immigrate to canada.

I will be responding by saying yes, but there is a possibility that I will be getting married in the next 3-4 months i.e my status will be changing.

1. What happens if I get my application approved and copr issued before I get married?

2. What happens if I get married and my application is still under process?

Do I need to be worried that my application will rejected when I inform them of my status change (either after its approved OR before its approved) since they specifically state that it is now closed and will be reopened only once.

Thanks.
1. You will continue to fly to Canada as a single applicant to become a permanent resident. No impact on your application, whatsoever.
2. If you get married, your application won't be affected in anyway. However, you will have to provide documents of your spouse to apply for dependent PR and pay the applicable fee (Medicals, Police clearance, RPRF and Application fee). You both will then get a new copr but the whole process will take some more time.

So, its entirely up to you if you wish to go forward and travel to Canada before getting married, or you can get married and update ircc about the status change, then apply for your spouse's PR application and then fly together at a later time.