+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nov 21, 2020
Hi all,
Long story short, my copr was expired and I am exempted from travel restrictions. Now I got new passport submission letter for renewed visa. In letter they have asked for height and eye colour. Can anyone tell me what is this document ? Should I get it from a doctor ?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi all,
Long story short, my copr was expired and I am exempted from travel restrictions. Now I got new passport submission letter for renewed visa. In letter they have asked for height and eye colour. Can anyone tell me what is this document ? Should I get it from a doctor ?
They requested for same information in your first COPR

Don't you know your height and eye color?

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hi friends, i need some advice please.
I have received email from IRCC -Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?
If yes we would need to do re medicals. I am currently 4 months pregnant and the primary applicant. I would not be able to do my Xray and complete my medicals. However my spouse will be able to complete. I do not mind postponding my travel till next year after my baby is born.

Should I inform IRCC now that i am pregnant?
Can I proceed to do my medicals without the XRay?
Any idea of the further steps on what should be done please?
Please advice
Hi,
I was in the same situation last year. I proceeded to do my remedicals. XRay was not completed at the time. I informed IRCC that i completed the medicals except the XRay.

Once i delivered, i went to the same clinic and completed my XRay. Also as soon as i could, i also informed IRCC of the baby's birth along with the relevant documents.
Hope this helps.

Jass88

Oct 3, 2019
They have banned flights from india but it is also mentioned that you can not travel directly to canada but you can do it by choosing layover. And you have to undergo covid test there and carry a negative report to canada.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
It must've said in the email that your new copr will be annotated to reflect that you are a pre march 2020 approved applicant and thus you are exempt from travel restrictions.

So, u should be able to go right away..
My email doesn't say anything to that effect. I received it 4 days ago.

We'll have to wait and see what the wording of the new COPR is, i.e. whether it refers to the pre-March COPR initially issued, etc. It'd be good to know for sure.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

We'll have to wait and see what the wording of the new COPR is, i.e. whether it refers to the pre-March COPR initially issued, etc. It'd be good to know for sure.
Probably your VO is different from mine and they missed to put the wording in.

Anyways if you're a pre march 2020 approved applicants, it's almost certain you'd be exempt from travel restrictions.

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020

Hi, I'm in same boat do reply what ur copr says regarding if there is travel exemption for new copr

Reactions: BillyWescott

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Thank you. My medical got extended for one year (till Jan next year) and the validity of the visa is also the same.
@Haydi Congrats! A quick question. Did you have your passport stamped again for visa re-issuance(I mean did you send it to VAC again)? Or was it all just electronically extended?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
There's certainly some politics involved.

India's test penetration is also around one seventh that of the US and it's fairly widely accepted that reported cases are significantly understated.

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/covid-19-cases-india-underreported-over-20-million-study-says
These things are always said for developing countries that they hide the facts and I accept that.
As I read the article it talks about anti-bodies. An asymptomatic person can also have anit-bodies and the person will never go for a test because he/she is not aware. So, you are correct but it is difficult to detect those people.

Also, I have personally seen an elderly couple(80+). The husband died because of covid but the wife survived and she developed anti-bodies. She never showed any symptoms at all.

DrCanada55

Aug 19, 2020
Chandigarh India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
05 July 2019
AOR Received.
5th August 2019
Hi friends, i need some advice please.
I have received email from IRCC -Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?
If yes we would need to do re medicals. I am currently 4 months pregnant and the primary applicant. I would not be able to do my Xray and complete my medicals. However my spouse will be able to complete. I do not mind postponding my travel till next year after my baby is born.

Should I inform IRCC now that i am pregnant?
Can I proceed to do my medicals without the XRay?
Any idea of the further steps on what should be done please?
Please advice
You can reply- yes, and in the same email mention that you are expecting; with a tentative due date. Although your x ray part of the medical would be postponed till after your delivery, rest can be completed before and your application will be in progress.
I was having the same scenario, have submitted remedicals in January 2021 (post delivery) my file is in progress now!
All the best.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Canada introducing stricter travel restrictions amid rise in COVID variants (cicnews.com)
The travel restrictions include the banning of all passenger and cargo flights from India and Pakistan starting at 11:30 p.m. EST on April 22, 2021, for 30 days.
Yup... expected. Glad I travelled in Feb prior to hotel quarantine and this flight ban. Anyways, not sure if they are gonna extend the ban on flights from India. Now it all depends on CoVID situation in India. Let's hope it improves.

Reactions: gtcan19

zozo20212021

Apr 23, 2021
excuse me if I understood correctly you are post mars and you have a new corp and a new visa without having gone back to the medical visit?