+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
I received the "“still want to migrate“ mail on March 29. Responded with details the same day. I haven't heard anything yet. No updates to my profile either. My COPR was issued pre march 18 and expired in June 2020.

Is anyone else also waiting to hear back? Should i raise a webform? What's the normal wait time after sending the email?
I read someone on this forum got a response after a month.

I responded 2 days back and my friend did the same about 2 weeks back. Neither of us received any response.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I read someone on this forum got a response after a month.

I responded 2 days back and my friend did the same about 2 weeks back. Neither of us received any response.
i also read on this thread that someone got an acknowledgement within a week of submitting the response. so looks like they're responding randomly? i'll wait another week or so before raising a webform. please let me know if you or your friend hear anything back.

Reactions: everbliss

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I have not got remedical request..
I also haven’t got it yet...but I am expecting it any day, which I believe we would need to get done within 30 days.

But now with Corona cases peaking again in my city, it would be risky to visit hospital for an extended period...but I guess we don’t have an option.
The mail from IRCC had a very strict tone...”if you do not reply within 10 days, we will close your application...”
So, I guess, we can’t expect a lot of flexibility from IRCC without risking a substantial delay yet again.

Anyone else has the same safety concerns?

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Not sure how long it takes but can tell you that I submitted the re-medical on 21th January 2021 which reflected as passed on 24th January 2021 and I'm still waiting for a PPR for reissuance of COPR. Also, the new COPR will be valid for 1 year from the date you passed your medicals.

I hope this helps.
Is yours also a CoPR issued before 18 March 2020, and now expired case?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I also haven’t got it yet...but I am expecting it any day, which I believe we would need to get done within 30 days.

But now with Corona cases peaking again in my city, it would be risky to visit hospital for an extended period...but I guess we don’t have an option.
The mail from IRCC had a very strict tone...”if you do not reply within 10 days, we will close your application...”
So, I guess, we can’t expect a lot of flexibility from IRCC without risking a substantial delay yet again.

Totally agree. The language in the email from IRCC suggest that it is our last chance to obtain CoPR with existing application. Give lack of FSW draws and shooting CRS, entering pool with new application will be futile.

Do also agree on safety concerns you have.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

Disclaimer: follow my advice at your own risk.

While this doesn't specifically address your question in the end but here goes..

The travel restriction page says you can request extension for deadline of a document if you are unable to submit it within the deadline due to reasons related to covid

If you want you can try above

And well people have started with your point and taken it a few steps further in their desired direction.. don't go that way :)

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Disclaimer: follow my advice at your own risk.

While this doesn't specifically address your question in the end but here goes..

The travel restriction page says you can request extension for deadline of a document if you are unable to submit it within the deadline due to reasons related to covid

If you want you can try above

And well people have started with your point and taken it a few steps further in their desired direction.. don't go that way :)
Absolutely not. Being unable is very different than being unwilling due to the fear of contracting COVID. Being unable means designated hospitals/clinics do not provide these kind of services at this moment, or if curfew has been declared and one is literally unable to visit a hospital. Otherwise there is no choice but to do what IRCC has asked. I'd say go for the examination but be extra careful (use two masks, etc.). I'm not sure about india, but if hospitals are closed or these kinds of services are not provided at this time; then, you're correct.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Sorry for jumping in between. Have they mentioned that they will close and PR will be denied to you or are they going to close it temporarily?

Otherwise, you can tell the situation in your city if you are not able to.

Reactions: BillyWescott

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
will Canada open its borders by end of July this year? Feedback from People currently residing in Canada is highly appreciated.
There is lockdown in Ontario till end of April due to third wave of CoVID. It's too early to predict anything like that. The borders might remain closed but they could (Federal govt and not IRCC) ease out the restrictions a bit in near future.