+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated.

The thing is my daughter's passport gets expired in Feb 2022. Will we be able to travel to Canada by September first week? (Keeping the 6-month validity of passport in mind)
There is no 6-months validity mandate if you have a valid visa. (If your visa is valid for even one day and your passport expires the next week, you can still land)
The 6-months validity is only needed when you are submitting your EE profile or, in the past, when you were submitting your passport for a counterfoil. Just to elaborate, if your immigrant visa is valid till, let's say, April 20, and your passport expires on April 22, you can still land. But if you have received PPR and need to send your passport for a counterfoil, as per the latest IRCC guidelines, you need a passport that has at least one-year validity. I hope this was clear, Canada does not have a 6-months passport validity rule upon entry like UK or Qatar and so forth.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Great to some new topics from your side but with the same old name "Naive".
Anyways,

Firstly, as I have already told you I have seen the era before liberal. So I have not experienced the immigration before liberal era but I am 100% sure that even students after studying from Canada were going through PNP process. They moved to Express Entry during Liberals. I have heard from them that Immigration has become easy now. I do not know how informed are you but I do not prefer "stubborn" or "naive" with proper knowledge.

Even flipping burger job is not easy to find in a pandemic. Restaurants are shutting down, stores are limiting the workforce because of restrictions. I believe you are reading the news about layoffs and most are from blue-collar jobs. I appreciate that you have a PHD but you wont just getting frustrated wont help you.

This what I am trying to say to you, buddy. Getting frustrated and blaming govt for everything is wrong. This will harm you guys more as I have been through this. I have never said to anyone who was sacked from the job " no one forced you thing". Supporting someone in their aggression is not a good thing. I know how difficult it is for an immigrant that is why I am trying to help.
I only wrote those things to a person who was just not ready to calm down and started getting aggressive.
Even when people are aware of restrictions, they are leaving the job. So this is not govt's mistake, this is their stupidity.

I know liberals, govt, IRCC messed up all the process but blaming them and getting frustrated is only going to harm us.

This is my only point.
If you can see my history. I have always helped people in this group. You can see my previous comments. It is just a few people who are sharing aggression ( I can understand the aggression) but you cannot be aggressive to others who are trying to help you. I am not the kind of person who will just support aggression because in this situation it is only going to harm you guys.

I have never been in any argument ever in this forum and was an active contributor for almost 8-10 months.

So, please stop sharing aggression and start calming people down. This will help all of us.
There is no point in making any point here :p

Did you receive the PR card of your wife?

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
There is no 6-months validity mandate if you have a valid visa. (If your visa is valid for even one day and your passport expires the next week, you can still land)
The 6-months validity is only needed when you are submitting your EE profile or, in the past, when you were submitting your passport for a counterfoil. Just to elaborate, if your immigrant visa is valid till, let's say, April 20, and your passport expires on April 22, you can still land. But if you have received PPR and need to send your passport for a counterfoil, as per the latest IRCC guidelines, you need a passport that has at least one-year validity. I hope this was clear, Canada does not have a 6-months passport validity rule upon entry like UK or Qatar and so forth.
Thank you !

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Can anyone clear my doubt.
Me and my family are exempted travelers. Pre March 18 expired Copr holder. Visa expired on June 2020. On March 10th 2021 we got a remedical request and it got updated on our profile on March 18th after that no movement in my profile. In case me my family gets a ppr request will we come under the exempted travelers? After getting again a new visa do we AL to travel?

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
another update today, medical details have been removed now and it says -
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Exactly the same case with my profile as well.

While I am expecting the request for re-medical, not sure about the timelines and next steps.

Do you have any idea how long is it going to take to reissue CoPRs once we submit the re-medical, if required?
Also, how long do you think will be the new CoPR validity?
In these uncertain times, really don’t know how to plan the travel and make such a critical move.

Keeping fingers crossed

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hopefully this means, we may get a re-medical request soon. And be issued new CoPRs. I'm a pre-March 18.
Got the re-medicals request for me and my dependants today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CRS - 472 | ITA - 17th Apr 2019 | AOR - 15th June 2019 | VO - NDVO | Medicals Request - 19th June 2019 | Biometrics Completed - 28th Aug 2019 | PPR - 28th Feb 2020 | Passport Submitted - 6th Mar 2020 | Application Approved - 16th Mar 2020 | CoPR Received - 17th Mar 2020 | CoPR Expired - 15th June 2020 | Contacted by IRCC - 29th March 2021 | Replied - 01st April 2021 | Application back to "Submitted" - 14th April 2021 | Re-Medicals Request - 15th Apr 2021
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Exactly the same case with my profile as well.

While I am expecting the request for re-medical, not sure about the timelines and next steps.

Do you have any idea how long is it going to take to reissue CoPRs once we submit the re-medical, if required?
Also, how long do you think will be the new CoPR validity?
In these uncertain times, really don’t know how to plan the travel and make such a critical move.

Keeping fingers crossed
No idea on issuance of CoPRs buddy, expecting the validity to be 1 year. lets see.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Me and my family are exempted travelers. Pre March 18 expired Copr holder. Visa expired on June 2020. On March 10th 2021 we got a remedical request and it got updated on our profile on March 18th after that no movement in my profile. In case me my family gets a ppr request will we come under the exempted travelers? After getting again a new visa do we AL to travel?
After receiving the new counterfoil and CoPR, you will stay exempt. You won't be needing an AL.

Reactions: JagjyotSingh

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
If you come under the exception, you do not need an AL. If not then you will need an AL after PPR is done.

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Got the re-medicals request for me and my dependants today.
CRS - 472 | ITA - 17th Apr 2019 | AOR - 15th June 2019 | VO - NDVO | Medicals Request - 19th June 2019 | Biometrics Completed - 28th Aug 2019 | PPR - 28th Feb 2020 | Passport Submitted - 6th Mar 2020 | Application Approved - 16th Mar 2020 | CoPR Received - 17th Mar 2020 | CoPR Expired - 15th June 2020 | Contacted by IRCC - 29th March 2021 | Replied - 01st April 2021 | Application back to "Submitted" - 14th April 2021 | Re-Medicals Request - 15th Apr 2021
That’s good. Congrats.

Another milestone achieved.

You must have got 30 days to get the re-medicals done. Right?

All the best !