+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
Exactly the same case with my profile as well.

While I am expecting the request for re-medical, not sure about the timelines and next steps.

Do you have any idea how long is it going to take to reissue CoPRs once we submit the re-medical, if required?
Also, how long do you think will be the new CoPR validity?
In these uncertain times, really don’t know how to plan the travel and make such a critical move.

Keeping fingers crossed
Not sure how long it takes but can tell you that I submitted the re-medical on 21th January 2021 which reflected as passed on 24th January 2021 and I'm still waiting for a PPR for reissuance of COPR. Also, the new COPR will be valid for 1 year from the date you passed your medicals.

I hope this helps.

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
will Canada open its borders by end of July this year? Feedback from People currently residing in Canada is highly appreciated.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Guys.. congratulations on your GCkey profiles being modified but don't quit your jobs or take irreversible steps in moving to Canada yet.. high commission in india is experiencing delays in processing PPRs
Ohh roughly how long is it taking offlate from medical to PPR to getting the passport back?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Ohh roughly how long is it taking offlate from medical to PPR to getting the passport back?
Bro I chose not to get medicals done.. I had medicals done recently and you know the covid situation in India..

It took VFS a day to send payment URL and they picked up passport next day.. passport reached ircc in 2-3 days.. this is where I am at the moment..

People who submitted their passports in march are waiting to get theirs back.. and then this was posted on twitter..
People have reported a delay of 15 days or so but considering recent timelines it could be more

so I dunno how much time it'll be but just wanted y'all not to take any irreversible steps like quitting ur job..

Last edited:

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Bro I chose not to get medicals done.. I had medicals done recently and you know the covid situation in India..

It took VFS a day to send payment URL and they picked up passport next day.. passport reached ircc in 2-3 days.. this is where I am at the moment..

People who submitted their passports in march are waiting to get theirs back.. and then this was posted on twitter..
People have reported a delay if 15 days or so but considering recent timelines it could be more

so I dunno how much time it'll be but just wanted y'all not to take any irreversible steps like quitting ur job..
Thanks this is super helpful! I do hope yours comes back quickly! All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: WantToImmigrate

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I received the "“still want to migrate“ mail on March 29. Responded with details the same day. I haven't heard anything yet. No updates to my profile either. My COPR was issued pre march 18 and expired in June 2020.

Is anyone else also waiting to hear back? Should i raise a webform? What's the normal wait time after sending the email?

Reactions: RKM20

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I received the "“still want to migrate“ mail on March 29. Responded with details the same day. I haven't heard anything yet. No updates to my profile either. My COPR was issued pre march 18 and expired in June 2020.

Is anyone else also waiting to hear back? Should i raise a webform? What's the normal wait time after sending the email?
I also don't get any response