Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Category: Outland Spouse (India)
COPR Issued before March 18, 2020
Original COPR Expired: 11 Jun, 2020

Auth Letter Received: 20 Nov, 2020

Auth Letter Expired: 30 Nov, 2020
(Couldn't travel within 11 days validity)

Raised a web form for extension: 29 Nov 2020 and 7 Dec 2020

Received re-medical request: 15 Feb 2021

Did re-medical: 22 Feb 2021

Received PPR: 5 Mar 2021

Submitted webform for 2-way passport pickup/drop: 6 Mar 2021

Received payment link: 12 Mar 2021

Pickup scheduled: 15 Mar 2021

Payment done: 12 Mar 2021 (Rs. 1689 for courier and sms service)

Received payment confirmation: 13 Mar 2021

AWB received: 15 Mar 2021

Pickup re-scheduled due to AWB delay: 16 Mar 2021

Passport picked up: 16 Mar 2021

Passport reached VAC Delhi: 18 Mar 2021

Passport forwarded to IRCC Delhi: 19 Mar 2021

Passport dispatched from IRCC Delhi to VAC Delhi: 25 Mar 2021

Passport dispatched from VAC Dehi to Home: 26 Mar 2021

Passport received: 27 Mar 2021

Note: I had followed up regarding payment link and AWB delays by emailing to passportsubmission@vfsglobal.com, serviceenquiry@vfsglobal.com, customercare@vfsglobal.com
Hello,

Congrats great news and fast processing.

I am also a pre march 18 copr holder- redid my medicals on Jan16 th as requested by IRCC and passed medical exams on Jan 27th, but no updates since then it's been almost 3 months.

Does your new copr mention that it is a replacement of the old one and that you can travel or are you now considered as a post march copr holder?
I Assume you wouldn't need an authorisation Letter if the copr is a replacement?

Good luck!

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hello,

Congrats great news and fast processing.

I am also a pre march 18 copr holder- redid my medicals on Jan16 th as requested by IRCC and passed medical exams on Jan 27th, but no updates since then it's been almost 3 months.

Does your new copr mention that it is a replacement of the old one and that you can travel or are you now considered as a post march copr holder?
I Assume you wouldn't need an authorisation Letter if the copr is a replacement?

Good luck!
I'm assuming that you did the medicals before IRCC contacted you?

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Category: Outland Spouse (India)
COPR Issued before March 18, 2020
Original COPR Expired: 11 Jun, 2020

Auth Letter Received: 20 Nov, 2020

Auth Letter Expired: 30 Nov, 2020
(Couldn't travel within 11 days validity)

Raised a web form for extension: 29 Nov 2020 and 7 Dec 2020

Received re-medical request: 15 Feb 2021

Did re-medical: 22 Feb 2021

Received PPR: 5 Mar 2021

Submitted webform for 2-way passport pickup/drop: 6 Mar 2021

Received payment link: 12 Mar 2021

Pickup scheduled: 15 Mar 2021

Payment done: 12 Mar 2021 (Rs. 1689 for courier and sms service)

Received payment confirmation: 13 Mar 2021

AWB received: 15 Mar 2021

Pickup re-scheduled due to AWB delay: 16 Mar 2021

Passport picked up: 16 Mar 2021

Passport reached VAC Delhi: 18 Mar 2021

Passport forwarded to IRCC Delhi: 19 Mar 2021

Passport dispatched from IRCC Delhi to VAC Delhi: 25 Mar 2021

Passport dispatched from VAC Dehi to Home: 26 Mar 2021

Passport received: 27 Mar 2021

Note: I had followed up regarding payment link and AWB delays by emailing to passportsubmission@vfsglobal.com, serviceenquiry@vfsglobal.com, customercare@vfsglobal.com
And what is the validity on your new CoPR/Landing Visa? 6 months or all the way till your medicals are valid?

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Okay got it, wonder why they didn't kick on with the rest of the process then. Some randomness from our friends at IRCC :)
Also this is what appears in my profile:

Review of medical results
  • January 27, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • January 23, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
It is weird as I am not sure which documents they are reviewing! They never asked for anything other than new medicals which i passed, and my letter of choice confirming the option of either extending copr until feb or redo medicals, which i responded to the next day (December 31st) - I am worried the review is taking so much time.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
It is weird as I am not sure which documents they are reviewing! They never asked for anything other than new medicals which i passed, and my letter of choice confirming the option of either extending copr until feb or redo medicals, which i responded to the next day (December 31st) - I am worried the review is taking so much time.
I think it is standard for them to say they are reviewing the all the documents. But considering that we are already approved CoPRs, and with the massive backlog - it is just a formality and they should move it along quickly.

Reactions: Titanium

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hello. I had a doubt. Do we need 6 months validity in passport to travel to Canada? Is that compulsory?
This is what the website says:
If you're applying through Express Entry, you should renew your passport if it expires within 6 months from the day you apply for permanent residence. Then, update your new passport information in your application. This will ensure it's valid when we process your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/passport-travel-document.html

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I think it is standard for them to say they are reviewing the all the documents. But considering that we are already approved CoPRs, and with the massive backlog - it is just a formality and they should move it along quickly.
I really hope so, as I have started to plan my move by summer, i hope my timeline won't be delayed.,

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Yes, if you are travelling on WP or visitor visa. For PR. it's not mandatory as you are going Canada with the intention to settle permanently.
Even for pr its required as the por email you get in that it's mentioned that the passport should have validity of more than six months or they will stamp only till the validity of the passport.
Also you with covid times it's better to not get stuck with an expired passport when your required to submit. Best to have a valid document.

Reactions: idhar_chicha

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Firstly, Immigration has been harder during the liberal era!! I don't know whether you are misinformed or just stubborn (probably a bit of both).
Secondly, naive is accurate when I talk about the loonie (CAD) and the booming economy and you refer to it as 8 years old politics! Stay for the next 20 years, take a vacation somewhere and you'll understand my gist. I'm not sure why you dont just acknowledge the broken system!
The job market is not bad! The unemployment rate is not low, but it's not high either. Looking for a specific job and not finding it does not mean the job market as you put it is 'sh..t'. You can flip burgers and still earn a living, there's no shame in it. If you are ready to work, you can find one in less than a week. I have a Ph.D. and did not have any problem doing the aforementioned!
Let's forget politics and whatnot for a second. I guess what made me really mad is your attitude. Do not tell others to take it or leave it. As a fellow immigrant, this is wrong. People get sacked from their jobs because of this very sentence. You cannot tell your employees 'no one forced you to work here, get'. Don't you see it? You cannot talk to others like that. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not, but it's very rude. I'm so sorry that you were on the verge of depression, but telling others to shut up and take it is not right. Enduring hardship does not give one the right to be rude. I'm sure that you did not mean it, but just avoid this kind of attitude. PLEASE
Great to some new topics from your side but with the same old name "Naive".
Anyways,

Firstly, as I have already told you I have seen the era before liberal. So I have not experienced the immigration before liberal era but I am 100% sure that even students after studying from Canada were going through PNP process. They moved to Express Entry during Liberals. I have heard from them that Immigration has become easy now. I do not know how informed are you but I do not prefer "stubborn" or "naive" with proper knowledge.

Even flipping burger job is not easy to find in a pandemic. Restaurants are shutting down, stores are limiting the workforce because of restrictions. I believe you are reading the news about layoffs and most are from blue-collar jobs. I appreciate that you have a PHD but you wont just getting frustrated wont help you.

This what I am trying to say to you, buddy. Getting frustrated and blaming govt for everything is wrong. This will harm you guys more as I have been through this. I have never said to anyone who was sacked from the job " no one forced you thing". Supporting someone in their aggression is not a good thing. I know how difficult it is for an immigrant that is why I am trying to help.
I only wrote those things to a person who was just not ready to calm down and started getting aggressive.
Even when people are aware of restrictions, they are leaving the job. So this is not govt's mistake, this is their stupidity.

I know liberals, govt, IRCC messed up all the process but blaming them and getting frustrated is only going to harm us.

This is my only point.
If you can see my history. I have always helped people in this group. You can see my previous comments. It is just a few people who are sharing aggression ( I can understand the aggression) but you cannot be aggressive to others who are trying to help you. I am not the kind of person who will just support aggression because in this situation it is only going to harm you guys.

I have never been in any argument ever in this forum and was an active contributor for almost 8-10 months.

So, please stop sharing aggression and start calming people down. This will help all of us.

Reactions: BillyWescott

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated.

The thing is my daughter's passport gets expired in Feb 2022. Will we be able to travel to Canada by September first week? (Keeping the 6-month validity of passport in mind)