+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
Same here. Looks like eveyone with an expired copr got this? Could anyone else confirm?
I got the below mail earlier this month.. CoPR will expire in May . I guess people with valid CoPR were sent a different email .

La version française suit le texte anglais)

March 17, 2021

Application number:

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

At this time, to protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even people with a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable), CANNOT TRAVEL TO CANADA at this time to become permanent residents unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.
Do not worry if your documents are near expiry. We will contact you with further instructions if your documents expire before the travel restrictions are lifted. We will then work with you at that time to re-issue or extend the validity of your documents when it is safer to travel.
Travel Restrictions Compliance and Enforcement
We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.

Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.

Keep us informed if your situation has changed
Please let us know if your situation changes in any of the following ways:

• Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
  • Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member
  • Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
  • You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Do not attempt to travel to Canada if your situation has changed. Your documents will need to be updated and re-issued.
We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

jatinder161088

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Don’t think so for post Mar’20 CoPR as long as the travel restrictions is still there.
You may try to see if you’re able to be exempted to travel or get an AL from IRCC.

We tried to apply for AL but no news from IRCC. We’re actually very upset as it seems it doesn’t matter to them even if you have a CoPR and a confirmed essential job offer.
Thank you for your input.
I will dig some more about this.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi all

Just got an email today as below

Just noticed this is the first time they're clearly mentioning "Economic Class – Federal Skilled Workers (EE) application."

got this same email twice within 10 hours of getting the first one .

Anyone else got the same ?
it looks like a generic email. Hopefully some good news soon.

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Hi everyone. My COPR was issued before March 2020 and it got expired in July 2020. I have sent couple of RTT web forms but got nothing other than generic replies say they have forwarded my request to responsible person. Now I have got my IMM006 form signed from my brother in Canada who is Canadian Citizen. Can someone guide in right direction and what should I do to get AL for me and my family/dependents. I will be very thankful.
Hi my copr issued was mar 2020 and expired July 2020. I couldn't travel before expiry and even flight for next month got cancelled so hanging on same boat.
Now my question is will my ielts score expires? Or I have take retest.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi all

Just noticed this is the first time they're clearly mentioning "Economic Class – Federal Skilled Workers (EE) application."

Yes. Got this twice

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi my copr issued was mar 2020 and expired July 2020. I couldn't travel before expiry and even flight for next month got cancelled so hanging on same boat.
Now my question is will my ielts score expires? Or I have take retest.
I don't believe you would need to resit IELTS.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi all

A friend did.. I didn't.. but I am pnp

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Hi all,

Just sharing some good news here for all those waiting for an AL.

I just contacted IRCC this afternoon regarding my application as on early Jan, they did send me a 7pt email telling me that my medicals have been extended until April and if I was able to fly in before that date.

After responding to their email with a positive response, I did not hear back from them since and after many attempt to call IRCC with no success, I was able to do it today and bigger was my surprise.

I have been told that an AL was issued to me since Jan but it appears they have forgot to send it to me! Eh What? How is that even possible ???o_O

So now, they are tying to see if they could re-send it to me or if I have to redo my medicals or if they have to extend it again for me. The problem is that I don't reasonably see how I can fly in permanently in Canada for less than 2 weeks given that I have to leave everything, job and so on.

Any suggestions for me? Should I tell them that I am not ready to fly in less than 2weeks and willing to do remeds? I am just excited and sad at the same time! :(

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Hi all,

I just contacted IRCC this afternoon regarding my application as on early Jan, they did send me a 7pt email telling me that my medicals have been extended until April and if I was able to fly in before that date.

After responding to their email with a positive response, I did not hear back from them since and after many attempt to call IRCC with no success, I was able to do it today and bigger was my surprise.

I have been told that an AL was issued to me since Jan but it appears they have forgot to send it to me! Eh What? How is that even possible ???o_O

So now, they are tying to see if they could re-send it to me or if I have to redo my medicals or if they have to extend it again for me. The problem is that I don't reasonably see how I can fly in permanently in Canada for less than 2 weeks given that I have to leave everything, job and so on.

Any suggestions for me? Should I tell them that I am not ready to fly in less than 2weeks and willing to do remeds? I am just excited and sad at the same time! :(
Can you please tell me on which number you contacted IRCC? Thanks

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi all,

Something similar happened to me. my AL was ready and their status showed it has sent ( i didnt receive it). I called them to notify them ,quite a few times.
I'd say keep your options open. If you get one ,travel considering their efficiency now. Otherwise, be ready to do re-meds and stay persistent.

Reactions: LardiaMagellan

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Something similar happened to me. my AL was ready and their status showed it has sent ( i didnt receive it). I called them to notify them ,quite a few times.
I'd say keep your options open. If you get one ,travel considering their efficiency now. Otherwise, be ready to do re-meds and stay persistent.
Thank you very much for your input, and I am sorry to know that you have experienced the same thing. In your case, what did they finally do? They have asked you to do re-meds?

It's a very frustrating situation and they surely make you bear the burden of their mistakes or careless behaviors. :(

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Thank you very much for your input, and I am sorry to know that you have experienced the same thing. In your case, what did they finally do? They have asked you to do re-meds?

It's a very frustrating situation and they surely make you bear the burden of their mistakes or careless behaviors. :(
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, they asked me to do re-medicals.I had already done up-front remeds earlier. So i mailed them to link my IME to the new meds and update GCkey..

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi all,

I'll let you know my situation.. i said I won't be travelling soon but I told them I'd do upfront medicals.. they didn't respond.. I did upfront medicals.. they shared AL.. Now the AL has expired.. so I emailed them for PPR request.. no response.. 3 weeks and counting :(

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
it looks like a generic email. Hopefully some good news soon.
Same got an email with subject 'UPDATE ON IRCC PROCESSING CAPACITY FOR YOUR ECONOMIC CLASS - FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS (EE) APPLICATION".
Also got in twice in less than 24 hours...

Are you a pre march 18 2020 copr holder?
I am and my copr expired in Dec 2020- I redid my medicals as per ircc's request and passed on Jan 27th 2021 and just waiting for PPR... hopefully this happens soon... although i am not sure what their email meant.

Please share you status and Good luck to all!