+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hello Everyone..I got my PPR request yesterday ..COPR expired on last 4may2020.. n was issued on 20march2020.. Got remedical reqst on 25thfeb n i did my remedical on 26feb( At Delhi,Max Hospital) ..On 8march it got updated n received an email stating i passed medical n medical results were received by them ..n finally after long wait got PPR request..( Family Reunification)
Hi Raina,
Did you mean there are 9 months between your original medical's expiration and the remedical request? How long do you think others get? I am struggling with this because my medical expired last December. Thanks.

Reactions: Fmegha86

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Has anyone ever failed their remedical? Maybe I am a wee bit paranoid but the prospect of remedical got me worried.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Has anyone ever failed their remedical? Maybe I am a wee bit paranoid but the prospect of remedical got me worried.
Yes people do fail in medicals and its because they have some underlying medical condition which prevents them to enter in Canada as per conditions set by IRCC.

You know about your health and if you are fit then you should not worry about getting failed in meds.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi, may I ask how many months after your medicals expired were you contacted to redo medical? Mine expired last December and still haven't been contacted yet. Thanks.
Hi

My medicals expired November 2020.

I emailed them 15th March 2021 enquiring about extending my COPR.

On the 19th of March 2021 they responded with a medicals request and an email with about 5 questions I had to respond to within 30 days

March 23rd I did my medicals and responded to email

Stefay

Jan 8, 2021
Hi

On the 19th of March 2021 they responded with a medicals request and an email with about 5 questions I had to respond to within 30 days

What's your VO ?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Have you raised webforum or you mailed directly to the office that you are ready to travel ?
I emailed them. Again, I wasn't ready to travel(our borders here are shut plus I am just not ready to relocate yet)and I told them that in my email. My email to them was to enquire about how I can start the process of extending/getting a new COPR knowing that my medicals had expired

A little background about my application:

Medical done December 24th 2018
November 2019 my medical was extended by one year to November 2020 and COPR issued.

Then COPR expired in Nov 2020 because I couldn't travel. I knew they had already extended my medicals once and it was highly unlikely they'd do that again.I wanted to start the process of re-issue of COPR now so that when I was ready to travel, there would be no delay

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi

Thanks! It's really great that your medical was extended for one year (in your next post). I hope they are also this nice to me.

Whyme123

Mar 24, 2021
I emailed them. Again, I wasn't ready to travel(our borders here are shut plus I am just not ready to relocate yet)and I told them that in my email. My email to them was to enquire about how I can start the process of extending/getting a new COPR knowing that my medicals had expired

A little background about my application:

Medical done December 24th 2018
November 2019 my medical was extended by one year to November 2020 and COPR issued.

Then COPR expired in Nov 2020 because I couldn't travel. I knew they had already extended my medicals once and it was highly unlikely they'd do that again.I wanted to start the process of re-issue of COPR now so that when I was ready to travel, there would be no delay
Please can you share the email adresse you have used to contact them? Thank you in advance brother

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Yep. Issued before March 18 2020 and expired November 2020.

I was contacted last week to re do medicals. Told them I am not ready to travel and wished to extend my COPR. Will be doing the medicals tomorrow.

PS Due to my passport type, I do not require visa foil. Hopefully no too much stress
Please can you share email subject and format used. Emailed the same address you sent to on the 17th got the auto reply that they won't respond if they did not ask me to email them. Did you get this response also?