Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Does this also apply for those which application was approved based on GCMS notes? My application was approved on March 23, 2020 (based on GCMS notes) but still haven’t received the CoPR. I am FSW-O.

"foreign nationals with COPRs who cannot enter Canada."

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi all,
I have a valid CoPR and was issued the visa in December 2020 and it will expire October 2021
I want to know if you guys have any expectations on when the travel restrictions will be lifted !
Cause now I'm wondering if I will be able to travel soon or should I start looking for a new job here
Congratulations on the COPR.
Frankly, it's impossible to say when the restrictions will be lifted. As you can see this thread is almost 1100 pages long. I've been on it since the beginning (almost), when it was less than 40 pages. I received my COPR on 19th March 2020, so I have been waiting for 368 days to be precise.
Betting your life on Canada opening its doors is not something I would do, but it's your life and you should make your own decisions with the information available to you.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi all,
I have a valid CoPR and was issued the visa in December 2020 and it will expire October 2021
I want to know if you guys have any expectations on when the travel restrictions will be lifted !
Cause now I'm wondering if I will be able to travel soon or should I start looking for a new job here
No one knows when the travel ban is going to be lifted.

If I were you, I’d already be looking for a new job instead of getting held back by the uncertainty of travel restriction.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Had anybody saw this?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/permanent-residency-holders-stuck-abroad-will-be-able-to-come-to-canada-once-restrictions-lift-feds-say-1.5343881

A spokesperson said they want to allow all post March 15 expired COPRs to travel to CA witu theor expired docs upon lifting of travel restrictions. No details are given
Nothing said abt pre-March CoPRs.
It's good that someone said this, but overall I think I have lost trust in this administration. They are illogical, cold and heartless. They are not even willing to provide any dates or allow travel in a phased manner. No point getting hopes up.

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hi,

I live in the UAE, in Dubai, and my AOR was in July 2019. I believe the abudhabi VO is the only one in the UAE, isn't it? What is your current VO?
You’re right about Abu Dhabi being the only local VO in UAE. My application is stuck in the infamous Ottawa VO.
So I just wanted to know when your file was moved to local VO (Abu Dhabi), if you have the information through GCMS or something.

srich

Mar 23, 2021
Hi all,

I received my COPR was issued in Feb 2020 with Nov 2020 expiry date. I checked the IRCC guidance in Sep/Oct 2020 which indicated that if I am unable to travel due to pandemic restrictions and my COPR expires, I should contact IRCC through webform when i am ready to travel. I'll be ready to travel in the next two months and checked the website. Now it says that IRCC will be contacting me asking if i am ready to travel. I haven't seen any email from them.
In the group , i see that some folks have received the 4 point email. I haven't received one so far.

Any guidance/advice on when i can expect the email. Should i contact them to get the email or will they reach out to me. Appreciate your help.

Thank you

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi all,

I received my COPR was issued in Feb 2020 with Nov 2020 expiry date. I checked the IRCC guidance in Sep/Oct 2020 which indicated that if I am unable to travel due to pandemic restrictions and my COPR expires, I should contact IRCC through webform when i am ready to travel. I'll be ready to travel in the next two months and checked the website. Now it says that IRCC will be contacting me asking if i am ready to travel. I haven't seen any email from them.
In the group , i see that some folks have received the 4 point email. I haven't received one so far.

Any guidance/advice on when i can expect the email. Should i contact them to get the email or will they reach out to me. Appreciate your help.

Thank you
Raise a "ready to travel" webform and inform CIC about your situation. CIC will get back to you with the next steps.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Yep. Issued before March 18 2020 and expired November 2020.

I was contacted last week to re do medicals. Told them I am not ready to travel and wished to extend my COPR. Will be doing the medicals tomorrow.

PS Due to my passport type, I do not require visa foil. Hopefully no too much stress
Hi, may I ask how many months after your medicals expired were you contacted to redo medical? Mine expired last December and still haven't been contacted yet. Thanks.