+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Email your vo for an update and mention to them that your family have done their remedical in november. We are in the same situation and my vo didnt even know that my family were done with their remedical so they asked me to send the emedical sheet. 2 days after my counterfoil has gone and was changed to Background check "we are processing.." and eligibility to"we are reviewing"..date of medical passed hasnt changed yet still the old medical date..
Hope this will help you
Pls confirm email I'd of vo

olaidetitus

Nov 3, 2019
Luckily got my travel exemption. Gonna fly to Toronto next week. I'll promise to share my experience.
Kinda worried about this long journey, mainly because of hotel thing, but gotta be strong. A bit of an adventure should not make me forget how eager I was regarding my immigration. LOOOOOOONG JOURNEYYYYYYY - DOCUMENTS & DOCUMENTS... LONG WAIT AND THEN COVID ,,,
Wow! Congrats guy. Pls how did you get exemption? Could you pls share with us what you did to get it?

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Just venturing an honest guess. Majority of the people on this forum who have had their remedicals done and have COPR from before March 18th have eventually received an AL.
Not really. I am waiting for AL since forever. There are a lot of people in this situation. I have lost hope :(

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Luckily got my travel exemption. Gonna fly to Toronto next week. I'll promise to share my experience.
Kinda worried about this long journey, mainly because of hotel thing, but gotta be strong. A bit of an adventure should not make me forget how eager I was regarding my immigration. LOOOOOOONG JOURNEYYYYYYY - DOCUMENTS & DOCUMENTS... LONG WAIT AND THEN COVID ,,,
Hey, were you able to book the hotel for those 3 days? And how have you planned ypur quarantine for the remaining days?
I am flying on mar 16th and had booked airbnb for 14 days, then this 3 days mandatory stay came into the picture and i have now moved my airbnb stay to 3 days later however haven't booked the hotel yet. Not sure, what do i do, as I have tried calling the toll free number and was on hold for hours. I saw it on IRCC website somewhere that some hotels are allowing online booking for this stay however when i visit their site, it shows the regular per night amount. Not sure wot to do.
I will be grateful if anyone can suggest anything here @whyCorona
Thanks

lalloum

Oct 24, 2019
hey all, waiting for next updates from IRCC as well. COPR issued before March 2020 and expired in September 2020. Haven't received any update whatsoever from IRCC about our application.

Note that we had reached out to them in June via webform and let them know that we won't be able to travel in September.

Any folks in the same situation?

Reactions: BillyWescott

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hey, were you able to book the hotel for those 3 days? And how have you planned ypur quarantine for the remaining days?
I am flying on mar 16th and had booked airbnb for 14 days, then this 3 days mandatory stay came into the picture and i have now moved my airbnb stay to 3 days later however haven't booked the hotel yet. Not sure, what do i do, as I have tried calling the toll free number and was on hold for hours. I saw it on IRCC website somewhere that some hotels are allowing online booking for this stay however when i visit their site, it shows the regular per night amount. Not sure wot to do.
I will be grateful if anyone can suggest anything here @whyCorona
Thanks
This hotel allow online booking of 3 day mandatory stopover. However, this hotel does not have room available till 7-March.
https://www.germainhotels.com/en/alt-hotel/toronto-airport

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
hey all, waiting for next updates from IRCC as well. COPR issued before March 2020 and expired in September 2020. Haven't received any update whatsoever from IRCC about our application.

Note that we had reached out to them in June via webform and let them know that we won't be able to travel in September.

Any folks in the same situation?
Yes copr expiry in July 2020. Received the copr on 15 March. No correspondence from ircc after 4 pointer email. I sponsored my spouse so have a family class application still nothing. I am just loosing hope now doesn’t seem it will come any soon

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
There is no such mandate (landing within 60 days of visa issuance). You can land whenever you want if you have a valid visa (you have time until your visa expires in October).
Hi, just to confirm and for my understanding - the earlier mandate was that those who received the CoPR HAD to land within 60 days of the issuance right?

However, because of COVID, they have changed this rule and the above no longer applies right?

Also, to confirm - will the visa (issued along with the CoPR) be valid for a year from the date of issuance? - meaning that you now have a year from date of issuance to land in Canada?

Last edited:

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Yes copr expiry in July 2020. Received the copr on 15 March. No correspondence from ircc after 4 pointer email. I sponsored my spouse so have a family class application still nothing. I am just loosing hope now doesn’t seem it will come any soon
I am in same boat

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Hi, just to confirm and for my understanding - the earlier mandate was that those who received the CoPR HAD to land within 60 days of the issuance right?

However, because of COVID, they have changed this rule and the above no longer applies right?

Also, to confirm - will the visa (issued along with the CoPR) be valid for a year from the date of issuance? - meaning that you now have a year from date of issuance to land in Canada?
Normally, your CoPR was valid for 1 year, or until your medicals expires... Whatever comes first.
You should have landed within the validity of your documents. (Not in 60 days)

This didn't change, but now you can only land if you're exempt from travel restrictions, or with an Authorization Letter.... These letters will mostly be valid for 60 days, so with that letter you should land before it expires

Reactions: slashmaybe

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
does someone know if it is must to show 3-day mandatory hotel stopover booking email confirmation for boarding the flight? I heard that phone lines to book hotels are experiencing very high call volume and it's very tough to get a booking. is there a option to book hotel when we land at airport in Canada?
I am worried about hotel booking as I am travelling this Sunday.