+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Well, did you receive your first COPR, OR did you have an expired COPR from before 18th March 2020, and now have a new document? If it's the former, then you might just have to wait until the restrictions are lifted. There is no particular process to "request" an AL.
I received my COPR and VISA in January 2021 -
Valid till Jan 2022

dhruv_delhi

Jun 25, 2019
I raised a ready to travel webform to which I received this reply after over a month. Seems slightly different then their generic replies, is it?

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the documents were received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

Also, does calling IRCC helps in getting the AL sooner?

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
No, due to fear of section 23 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

With travel restrictions in effect, only a person with valid travel authorization or PR, citizen can enter
But with an original COPR that pre-dates March 18th 2020, they could have given you a pass. Otherwise what was the point of giving you a new counterfoil?
Anyways, apologies if I'm overstepping here. You obviously know your situation much better than I do.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am now the proud owner of two expired counterfoil documents. (Primary visa office - CPC Ottawa, secondary - CIO)

The first one was approved on January 2020 with May 2020 expiry, and after raising a ready to travel webform in September a new counterfoil got issued on January 2021 with February 2021 expiry.

The second document came in at the time when IRCC made it clear not to contact them via webform or office email to avoid delays. I was among the unfortunate to get the document without an Authorization Letter.

I kept my patience till end of January after which I suspected that I might not receive the travel documents, so I reached out via webform. Did not hear back from them so around mid February I tried them through their client support number 1-888-242-2100.

It was infuriating to find out that the immigration officer had brazenly put on record that all documents were provided for travel. The insufferable hold time and multiple attempts to contact them over the phone and then plea them to correct their record by having put a note on system, so that things get highlighted did not bear any results either

I now patiently wait in despair and at the behest of some officer, hoping this time around that I get someone who knows his job, cause ultimately I/we are at the receiving end of it
For AL issuance, I got 4 pointer email to let IRCC know if I can travel in next 60 days and I responded to it with quarantine plans, travel plans and job offer from a potential employer. After exact 60 days they told me to redo the remeds. I was kinda frustrated that they made me to wait for 2 months before asking me to redo the remeds. After remeds they issued me AL in 2 weeks. So it's okay to be frustrated but in the same time stay hopeful as things are moving with their own pace.

BTW I got my AL after 8 months of my CoPR expiry when this process of CoPR extension was evolving.

Kogorashi

Nov 5, 2018
Hi Team!

a little bit unclear: I got my copr and visa at the beginning of February. Valid till october this year. I also received a letter stating I cannot travel yet.
Do I technically need to land in 60 days form the receipt of visa, or as of now I have time til October until visa expires?

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

My COPR expired in April 2020 and have sent multiple webforms that I am ready to travel and have received generic responses for each and every one of them. It has been close to 11 months and still there is no update on when this AL will be issued. I have called the IRCC call Centre a couple of times and they have mentioned that my file has not been touched and I need to be patient.

It is very sad that this process is taking so long but I am hopeful that the patience will bear reward soon. My advice to everyone else in the same boat is to stay positive as there is always light at the end of every tunnel.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi Team!

a little bit unclear: I got my copr and visa at the beginning of February. Valid till october this year. I also received a letter stating I cannot travel yet.
Do I technically need to land in 60 days form the receipt of visa, or as of now I have time til October until visa expires?
There is no such mandate (landing within 60 days of visa issuance). You can land whenever you want if you have a valid visa (you have time until your visa expires in October).

Reactions: Kogorashi

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi Team!

I'm also confused. got mine in Jan 2021; expires in Jan 2022, but I cannot travel! Don't really know what to do.
However, I believe that you can land anytime as long as it has some validity and due to Covid-19 we cannot move now! That's why our COPR's valid till the expiry of medicals.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
is anyone in the same boat as i am who got copr extension on jan 7 with deadline of feb 27 and nows its expired?..did you guys call IRCC?

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India
For AL issuance, I got 4 pointer email to let IRCC know if I can travel in next 60 days and I responded to it with quarantine plans, travel plans and job offer from a potential employer. After exact 60 days they told me to redo the remeds. I was kinda frustrated that they made me to wait for 2 months before asking me to redo the remeds. After remeds they issued me AL in 2 weeks. So it's okay to be frustrated but in the same time stay hopeful as things are moving with their own pace.

BTW I got my AL after 8 months of my CoPR expiry when this process of CoPR extension was evolving.
We all are in same boat. Almost now a year waiting for AL/remed or any other update.
This group is the only respite in the hard waiting days....hang on...!!!!

MaggiePro3

Mar 1, 2021
Hi, guys. My 1st copr was expired on Sep 2020 and then I sent webform to apply landing authorization. I got the 2nd medical check letter at the end of Dec 2020 and finish it at the middle of Feb 2021. Then I received the response letter from VO-ottowa after ME one week. The letter said my issued date is after 318, so i can't match travel exemption now and my case is still open until travel restriction lifted but without new copr/visa updated at this moment.
I would like to know who is in the same situation or receive similar response recently?
I also noticed they changed expired politics to clarify copr travel exemption which have to match both issued day and approved day all before 318. but previously it is only approved day including. Coz my issued date after 318, but approved before 318. Why they change it frequently? So confused.

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Someone please HELP!

I'm US Resident so I am exempt from travel restrictions.

However COPR expired in October and was issued Post Mar 18. I am now ready to move, what do I do? The rules are vague.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hey chaps!
So...what the heck is happening now? I've stopped reading the forum recently because it'd become tedious...
I am waiting for my passport to be stamped with COPR since November. But... it doesn't change anything if I get it back, right? We are not able to travel with COPRs obtained after March 2020. Is it correct?

Thanks and high five

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Someone please HELP!

I'm US Resident so I am exempt from travel restrictions.

However COPR expired in October and was issued Post Mar 18. I am now ready to move, what do I do? The rules are vague.
I would raise a webform. If there is no response, another, and another. According to the posts above, you might be lucky and get a response.
gl

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Hey chaps!
So...what the heck is happening now? I've stopped reading the forum recently because it'd become tedious...
I am waiting for my passport to be stamped with COPR since November. But... it doesn't change anything if I get it back, right? We are not able to travel with COPRs obtained after March 2020. Is it correct?

Thanks and high five
You're right!