+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone. We had gotten copr before March 18 2020. Visa Expired on August 2020.
I couldn't travel then due to the travel restrictions.

We have been sending ircc ready to travel mails & quarantine plans. But we only got a generic reply where they said they "have forwarded to the responsible officer". This was in last Dec 2020.

There is no other response yet.
What is the procedure they are adopting here? Is there anything else I should do? I did mail to the New delhi Visa office too.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello everyone. We had gotten copr before March 18 2020. Visa Expired on August 2020.

We have been sending ircc ready to travel mails & quarantine plans. But we only got a generic reply where they said they "have forwarded to the responsible officer". This was in last Dec 2020.

What is the procedure they are adopting here? Is there anything else I should do? I did mail to the New delhi Visa office too.
I'm also in the same situation with the same dates as yours. I did get the 4-pt email in Sept but haven't heard back after replying to them. NDVO hasn't been responsive at all and the replies I get to my webforms just say that my file is with NDVO.

Anyone get a remedical request these past couple of weeks?

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
I'm also in the same situation with the same dates as yours. I did get the 4-pt email in Sept but haven't heard back after replying to them. NDVO hasn't been responsive at all and the replies I get to my webforms just say that my file is with NDVO.

Anyone get a remedical request these past couple of weeks?
I did not get a request for re-medical but I got it done upfront last week as they expired in August 2020. Generic response so far.

Ajalpatel

Feb 22, 2021
Hey, anyone knows if the arrivecan app tells you that your quarantine is over and you are free to leave your self isolation?
Yes. You will receive an email everyday to do self check . And there is one little red bar on top that you can check which day are you in. After 14days of quarantine you won’t get any email.

Reactions: letsflynow

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey, anyone knows if the arrivecan app tells you that your quarantine is over and you are free to leave your self isolation?
No you wont receive any email or notification from ArriveCan app once your quarantine is over.

Your day 1 of quarantine starts from the day you land at your port of entry in Canada. If you land in Canada on 27 Feb 2021 10:30 am then your quarantine will be over by 12 Mar 2021 11:59 pm.

After your 14th day you can delete the ArriveCan app from your phone and get yourself free from your self isolation.

dodge_JJ

Jan 10, 2021
Hi
I landed in Toronto yesterday, please DM me in case there are others in the group in quarantine. Getting bored better to utilize this time getting to know new ppl

Reactions: K&K

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
quarantine is over on the 14th day! Whatever happens, you gotta keep yourself isolated for that period.

whycovidwhy

Nov 27, 2020
I am now the proud owner of two expired counterfoil documents. (Primary visa office - CPC Ottawa, secondary - CIO)

The first one was approved on January 2020 with May 2020 expiry, and after raising a ready to travel webform in September a new counterfoil got issued on January 2021 with February 2021 expiry.

The second document came in at the time when IRCC made it clear not to contact them via webform or office email to avoid delays. I was among the unfortunate to get the document without an Authorization Letter.

I kept my patience till end of January after which I suspected that I might not receive the travel documents, so I reached out via webform. Did not hear back from them so around mid February I tried them through their client support number 1-888-242-2100.

It was infuriating to find out that the immigration officer had brazenly put on record that all documents were provided for travel. The insufferable hold time and multiple attempts to contact them over the phone and then plea them to correct their record by having put a note on system, so that things get highlighted did not bear any results either

I now patiently wait in despair and at the behest of some officer, hoping this time around that I get someone who knows his job, cause ultimately I/we are at the receiving end of it

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019

I don't think there's much else to be done. One can only hope that they soon pay attention to the mess they're creating by delaying so many applications.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
I am now the proud owner of two expired counterfoil documents. (Primary visa office - CPC Ottawa, secondary - CIO)

The first one was approved on January 2020 with May 2020 expiry, and after raising a ready to travel webform in September a new counterfoil got issued on January 2021 with February 2021 expiry.

The second document came in at the time when IRCC made it clear not to contact them via webform or office email to avoid delays. I was among the unfortunate to get the document without an Authorization Letter.

I kept my patience till end of January after which I suspected that I might not receive the travel documents, so I reached out via webform. Did not hear back from them so around mid February I tried them through their client support number 1-888-242-2100.

It was infuriating to find out that the immigration officer had brazenly put on record that all documents were provided for travel. The insufferable hold time and multiple attempts to contact them over the phone and then plea them to correct their record by having put a note on system, so that things get highlighted did not bear any results either

I now patiently wait in despair and at the behest of some officer, hoping this time around that I get someone who knows his job, cause ultimately I/we are at the receiving end of it
This is beyond reason and comprehension. I feel your pain. Nobody should have to go through this nightmare. But here we are.
Did you try to board the flight with the new counterfoil, or at least contact the airlines?

Reactions: BillyWescott

whycovidwhy

Nov 27, 2020
This is beyond reason and comprehension. I feel your pain. Nobody should have to go through this nightmare. But here we are.
Did you try to board the flight with the new counterfoil, or at least contact the airlines?
No, due to fear of section 23 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

With travel restrictions in effect, only a person with valid travel authorization or PR, citizen can enter

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Guys, would someone plz update me regarding this AL thing.
I hold a valid COPR and a visa. How can I get AL now? What's going on?

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Guys, would someone plz update me regarding this AL thing.
I hold a valid COPR and a visa. How can I get AL now? What's going on?
Well, did you receive your first COPR, OR did you have an expired COPR from before 18th March 2020, and now have a new document? If it's the former, then you might just have to wait until the restrictions are lifted. There is no particular process to "request" an AL.

Reactions: Sam Sh