+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
We are in the same situation(copr after March). But we want to pass medical examination in March as they gave us 90 days. Please inform us when you get new visa!!!
Did you raise webform before or after your copr expired? my copr will expire on march and I raised a webform last week. I hope that everyone will receive their new visas/coprs very fast, as the waiting time trend is between 6 to 10 months, that's torture! after waiting for more than a year for PPR.

Reactions: Titanium

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Ohh! I didnt know that.
yeah, I understand that its risky, so ill try to travel before 22nd. But if I cant, ill take the risk.
For the Proof of funds question at the airport, Do you need a customized letter from bank showing the balance? or the last 6 month account statements are enough?

Regards,
Vivek

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hello,
Similiar situation here.

- CoPR issued October,2019
- CoPR expired March, 2020
- Raised multiple web forms stating that I'm ready to travel.
- Never got a 4 pointer mail, I've just got the generic ones.
- No re-medicals request ever came through.
- Just the 'latest update' section on the application page in GC key account keeps changing.
- It has been a complete Radio Silence for me as well.

Sad reality!
yes me too. never got any mail or request. Please advice if anyone knows what we can do next.

Reactions: tusa47

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Did you raise webform before or after your copr expired? my copr will expire on march and I raised a webform last week. I hope that everyone will receive their new visas/coprs very fast, as the waiting time trend is between 6 to 10 months, that's torture! after waiting for more than a year for PPR.
I had sent before my copr expired. I mentioned that I was ready to travel. And asked them what to do. I read about more and more cases when they ask to do remedical

Reactions: sarah2006

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Mine is also expiring on last week of March and raised my first webform this week for extension of COPR. I also requested them to either extend my medical validity or re-issue IME number for re-medical. Hope to get some positive reply. I will update.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Same, no one picked after 15-20 mins hold. The rates seem to be much lower per person though booking possible within 48 hours of flight it seems.
Haha…that`s what the government want. Everyone panicked when they said above $2000 at beginning. Now we all are happy to pay around $1100 to $1500 per person for just 3 days. :D:)

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Haha…that`s what the government want. Everyone panicked when they said above $2000 at beginning. Now we all are happy to pay around $1100 to $1500 per person for just 3 days. :D:)
It is what it is. Atleast its something lower than a well rounded figure ;)

Reactions: gtcan19

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi
I want to clarify something. I filled in the questionnaire on the CIC website regarding if i can travel to Canada. It says it is possible to travel but must be sponsored by an immediate family member. What does this mean?
Are they referring to the exemption?

You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon EST
To be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently.

You will likely be allowed to enter Canada if you meet these requirements; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.
It means you need to have family members in canada in order for you to be allowed to travel

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi there... I have read here that if you have a extended family member in Canada then somehow you are allowed to enter in Canada.
Here is my case.. I have COPR which is expired in last July and was issued before 18 March. My brother is living in Canada who is a citizen there.. What are my possibilities here.. How can i proceeds..? If somebody can guide me.. I will very thankful
If your COPR was issued before 18th March, you are already exempted from travel restriction - regardless of whether you having a brother living in canada. So you should be able to travel to canada now. Ircc is supposed to reach out to you to ask if you can travel. There are other forum users here who are in the same boat you.

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I am traveling on 23rd Feb. My final destination is Edmonton, Alberta. Bt my flight is via Vancouver. Now according to this new hotel quarantine rule, where am I supposed to do hotel stay? At Vancouver or at at my final destination?
I need to book my domestic flight from Vancouver to Edmonton. Should I booked it in advance or after reaching there?
Kindly help.

Reactions: CarlCoco

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi all..I'm a bit confused if the AL is issued for expired COPR holders pre March 18th or for all expired COPR including post Mrch 18th expired COPR holders?

Any thoughts please.
It’s for both pre and post 18th march copr. So far there are cases in the forum:
- people with expired copr pre 18th march
- poeople with expiring / valid copr post 18th march, who by right cant travel due to restriction BUT they can travel cuz they have family member in Canada.

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
It’s for both pre and post 18th march copr. So far there are cases in the forum:
- people with expired copr pre 18th march
- poeople with expiring / valid copr post 18th march, who by right cant travel due to restriction BUT they can travel cuz they have family member in Canada.
Thank you. So if we are post March 18 expired COPR holders with no family members, it is highly unlikely that we may receive an AL to travel soon.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi All,
Does anyone know if parents can come to Canada on visit visa currently?
Primary reason for travel is to give care during birth of grandchild.

Has anyone done this?
I dont have experience in that and hasnt seen anyone writing about that in the forum.
But if you see IRCC’s travel exemption, it includes travel on compassionate reasons (which I presume is more about life & death situations). You may still be able to try since the exemption says travel ‘to provide care for a person who has a medical reason for needing support’ is included.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#a1.4