+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi All,
Does anyone know if parents can come to Canada on visit visa currently?
Primary reason for travel is to give care during birth of grandchild.

Has anyone done this?

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi All,
Does anyone know if parents can come to Canada on visit visa currently?
Primary reason for travel is to give care during birth of grandchild.

Has anyone done this?
if he/she already have valid visitor visa, then with the "Extended Family Member" category, he/she could travel but need Authorization letter.
if no visa then u could still apply. no restriction but it wont get processed near soon as the visitor visa process is on hold until further notice. Hope this helps.

Reactions: tomx420

rajgrk

Apr 17, 2019
Hello All, Posting my query in this thread on a hope to get clarified. Here is my situation below-

My COPR is issued post March 2020. My COPR and PR Visa is valid till 5th March 2021. I am living in USA. Per the recent travel restrictions, it looks like people living in US and wanting to cross the border via land are allowed with a negative Covid test and mandatory 14 day quarantine. I cannot travel to Canada right now and have raised a webform asking to extend my COPR. But, waiting for the response. If anyone can answer my below questions, it would be of great help :

1. Does anyone know if extension of COPR is possible for applicants living in US? If so, please share any confirmation/proof you may have. And the process to get the same.
  2. Can anyone share their experiences of recent Soft landings. Returned back to US same day? or completed quarantine? Many thanks.

bobharris1210

Jan 14, 2021
Hi friends
I have been following this thread for a while... In vain thou. My wife got copr before 18mar20 and contacted IRCC in Nov to say she was ready to travel. Still no response so far...

I have 2 questions hopefully someone can help answering.
1. As a dependant, can i work immediately as soon as i arrive in Cananda? I am asking for an intracompany transfer...

2. If i get the job transfer, are there ways to speed up the process of getting an AL?

Thanks much!

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Hi,

Did anyone travel from US to Canada through air and came back after 14 day quarantine.
I am planning to travel in the next week and take a flight back after the 14 day quarantine (17 day after the current rule)

@crackMBA , @whyCorona are you aware any people?
Regards
Vivek

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi,

Did anyone travel from US to Canada through air and came back after 14 day quarantine.
I am planning to travel in the next week and take a flight back after the 14 day quarantine (17 day after the current rule)

@crackMBA , are you aware any people?
Regards
Vivek
Nope. I do not know any one but I would suggest to travel before 22nd Feb to avoid 3day hotel quarantine rule or drive if you want to go back in 14 days.

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Nope. I do not know any one but I would suggest to travel before 22nd Feb to avoid 3day hotel quarantine rule or drive if you want to go back in 14 days.
Ya, I would like to do the same and save $2k but I may end up traveling after 22nd because I won't get the covid test results before then. If I am not wrong, they want a negative test before boarding the flight to Canada itself right!?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Ya, I would like to do the same and save $2k but I may end up traveling after 22nd because I won't get the covid test results before then. If I am not wrong, they want a negative test before boarding the flight to Canada itself right!?
Yes and even at land border but by driving you can avoid 3day hotel quarantine.

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Quite interesting. Once restriction changes, land in US and rent a car and drive to canada. Save $$.
It's almost criminal to charge upwards of $2k for 3 days in these hotels. Normal price is less than $200 per day.
They are using people desperation to come to canada to their advantage

Reactions: Ojay1

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Yes, I've done it a couple of times already, but haven't received any response.
What is the email address that you used and what is your situation. My CoPR us post march 18th, 2020 and valid till 30th of March. And I don't have immediate and extended family members in Canada.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
So "Hotel stopover bookings are managed by American Express Global Business Travel and available by phone only.".............these guys seriously have no IT systems to take online bookings?
My guess is you cant cancel once booked also!