+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India
Is there anyone else who does not have any progress on their expired COPR. My COPR expired on April 2020, I've sent the ready to travel web forms, proactively sent the four questions' answers since I did not get the four pointer mail, but the only response I got was we are processing your application. I have had no ghost updates on my profile, no request for re medical. I am seriously getting worried now since it's almost a year now that my travel plans have cancelled.
dont worry.... i am in similar condition with same timelines.
no updates ...no 4 pointer mail....Raised GCMS which doesnt have any specific update...
called IRCC last week and agent mentioned that they had received RTT and only advise she can offer is to 'wait'

so hang on ....it shall too pass!!!!

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
dont worry.... i am in similar condition with same timelines.
no updates ...no 4 pointer mail....Raised GCMS which doesnt have any specific update...
called IRCC last week and agent mentioned that they had received RTT and only advise she can offer is to 'wait'

so hang on ....it shall too pass!!!!
I agree, but it is not the question of If but When? And that is the frustrating part.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Guys : What is the minimum timeframe that IRCC provides between COPR issue date and COPR expiry date?
(I know that COPR expiry is either 6 months or medical expiry).

My medicals expired on Dec 31st 2020 I haven't received any extension yet. Assuming they give 6 months extension, my medicals will expire on June 30th , and if COPR is issued in June1st the expiry would be June 30th right? Will they even issue COPR with just a 30 day window to wrap up.

Personally I would need 90 days as my notice as I would like to serve my notice period in the present job.

THOUGHTS?
@legalfalcon

Usually COPRs are not issued with just 30 days validity, there are issued with at least 90 days validity for most cases. This is because it will take you at least 30 days to send your passport and receive it back after your get your PPR, so a validity of 30 days would not make sense.

Also, your meds have to be valid when your application is being processed, as well as when you land in Canada.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Guys : What is the minimum timeframe that IRCC provides between COPR issue date and COPR expiry date?
(I know that COPR expiry is either 6 months or medical expiry).

My medicals expired on Dec 31st 2020 I haven't received any extension yet. Assuming they give 6 months extension, my medicals will expire on June 30th , and if COPR is issued in June1st the expiry would be June 30th right? Will they even issue COPR with just a 30 day window to wrap up.

Personally I would need 90 days as my notice as I would like to serve my notice period in the present job.

THOUGHTS?
@legalfalcon
You should worry about serving notice period once you hear anything from IRCC an AL (Authorisation letter) valid for 2 months or remeds notification. Notice period is the thing that can be dealt with and should not effect your travel to Canada. You can relieve early or serve the notice period remotely from Canada. Just saying!

Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone. I have been closely following this forum.
My copr was issued before 18th March 2020.
I had sent my PP for stamping to New Delhi.
While in the copr, the primary office is mentioned as CPC-Ottawa.

Could you pls let me know which is my VO here? I am really confused about this.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi guys , I need some opinion on this. A week ago i had called IRCC support centre to find out the status of AL (COPR update jan 7- expired feb 27th) ,the agent had told me that its been sent to the officer for approval. However, when i called them today , the agent said that the VO paris officer already approved and sent it to me on Jan 19th which obviously i hadn't received it. Now he asked me to mail a webform asking them to resend. I am confused.. why the mismatch in chronology?.. what is the best course of action ? @whyCorona @13nitinsharma

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Is there anyone else who does not have any progress on their expired COPR. My COPR expired on April 2020, I've sent the ready to travel web forms, proactively sent the four questions' answers since I did not get the four pointer mail, but the only response I got was we are processing your application. I have had no ghost updates on my profile, no request for re medical. I am seriously getting worried now since it's almost a year now that my travel plans have cancelled.
I'm in the same boat. I did not get four point email - I did not get a single email from IRCC ever since COPR expiry in May 2020.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi guys , I need some opinion on this. A week ago i had called IRCC support centre to find out the status of AL (COPR update jan 7- expired feb 27th) ,the agent had told me that its been sent to the officer for approval. However, when i called them today , the agent said that the VO paris officer already approved and sent it to me on Jan 19th which obviously i hadn't received it. Now he asked me to mail a webform asking them to resend. I am confused.. why the mismatch in chronology?.. what is the best course of action ? @whyCorona @13nitinsharma
You should immediately raise a webform and mention your situation. They'll definitely look into this.

Reactions: lnmora

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Can anybody please let me know how long it takes to get AL since 7pt email?
Hi @jjos did you get an AL yet after responding to the 7 pt email? How long did it take?
Asking because I finally got a 7 pt email this morning and I’m going to reply this afternoon.
My timeline:
COPR : Feb 2020
COPR Expiry : Aug 2020
Original Medical Expiry : Aug 2020
RTT Webforms : Sept and Oct 2020
7 Pt Email : Feb 1, 2021
Medicals extended to : July 08, 2021

Lilian2021

Jan 31, 2021
Hello ,everyone ,I'd like you give me some advice ,my case is more complicated. I really appreciate you !!!

My husband received COPR (NB PNP)on April 7 2020,
Expired COPR on Aug 7 2020
My son has studied in ON since in September 2018 . I am with my son in Canada now.

we applied for the written authorization for exemption from travel restriction third times .
the first two times we submitted a lot of documents including COPR ,been denied .
the third time we submitted my son's study permit and my husband's passport,
recently received the approval letter.
I have booked a flight to Toronto for my husband on Feb 12 2021, I hope he can land smoothly .

Can you give me some advice when he arrive at Canada border . Thanks

jjos

Jan 5, 2021
Hi @jjos did you get an AL yet after responding to the 7 pt email? How long did it take?
Asking because I finally got a 7 pt email this morning and I’m going to reply this afternoon.
My timeline:
COPR : Feb 2020
COPR Expiry : Aug 2020
Original Medical Expiry : Aug 2020
RTT Webforms : Sept and Oct 2020
7 Pt Email : Feb 1, 2021
Medicals extended to : July 08, 2021
No. I am yet to get the AL

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hey man, have you sent an RTT and if so, when? CoPR expired on July 2020. Paris VO. Sent several emails since 23 November. 0 news so far.

A family member in Canada told me that federal workers are lazy as hell and because of covid they all work from home without anyone supervising them or their work productivity. She told me that with the new travel restrictions just declared by Trudeau there's little hope that things will move for me. I hope she's right. I quit my job to go to Canada but I think I'm going to start applying for jobs here again starting on Monday because who knows how long this is gonna take.

Totally agree with what you have heard from a family member. Have heard the same from a family member in Canada, very sad indeed.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
can anyone explain why the expiration of AL and COPR are different after reissuing? i.e. im seeing AL is for 2 month validity, but COPR is longer. Why is that?