+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi all,
This group and its members have helped me a lot.Thanks.

Sharing my experience if it could help anyone.I sent RTT form in November 2020 but got no response until on 31st December I got AL.
I booked Emirates flight for 27th Jan 2021 via Dubai to Toronto.
I took my Expired copr,AL,Arrivecan,PCR test results. These were asked at both immigration counters in India and Toronto_Overall it was very smooth and no questions were asked apart this.

To all my fellow group members dont stress.I also quit my job last year to migrate to canada.Then I joined another company as the situation was so unpredictable.Then I quit again to travel.It has been a long journey with lots of emotional stress.
Don't worry hang in there.Your time will come.

Please ask me if you have any doubts I will be happy to help if I can.
Good for you! Thanks for sharing, I have a question please: was your COPR issued before or after march18th,2020 and when it has expired?

Reactions: abhishekmishra19

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi all,
With the new travel rules in place for the 3 day hotel quarantine, what happens if only one family member tests positive?
In some countries the person testing positive stays in the hotel while the other family members are allowed to go free.
Especially as newcomers how are the remaining family members say mother and children supposed to find a place to live while the father has to remain in quarantine if positive?

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Is there anyone else who does not have any progress on their expired COPR. My COPR expired on April 2020, I've sent the ready to travel web forms, proactively sent the four questions' answers since I did not get the four pointer mail, but the only response I got was we are processing your application. I have had no ghost updates on my profile, no request for re medical. I am seriously getting worried now since it's almost a year now that my travel plans have cancelled.
My copr also got expired april2020..received 4pt mail in sept., refusal letter due to expired medical Nov, remed done mid nov. and uploaded medical sheet forms, acknowledgment email dec, no update in my gc acct..

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Just wondering, they are coming up with all sorts of new laws and rules. What's stopping them from validation of COPRs in the countries of origin/residence of the immigrants. This will save them and the immigrants a lot of unnecessary tension and hassle.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
"The steep cost for the hotel stay includes the cost for a private PCR test, security, food and the cost of measures the designated hotels will have to take to keep their workers safe."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/29/canada-air-passengers-quarantine-hotel-coronavirus
They have to come up with something to cover the cost. I hope its not COPR holders(although it is highly unlikely). On the other hand snowbirds are preferring to stay back for 1 more month instead of paying 2k.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/some-snowbirds-extending-their-travels-to-avoid-federal-restrictions-expert-says-1.5289496
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-snowbirds-travel-rules-government-1.5895021

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
They have to come up with something to cover the cost. I hope its not COPR holders(although it is highly unlikely). On the other hand snowbirds are preferring to stay back for 1 more month instead of paying 2k.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/some-snowbirds-extending-their-travels-to-avoid-federal-restrictions-expert-says-1.5289496
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadian-snowbirds-travel-rules-government-1.5895021
Of course, Isn't that obvious.for perspective, it makes a reasonable economic proposition to extend the vacation which likely costs less than 3 day quarantine. Neverthless, Any hope for COPRs being exempted?

Reactions: crackMBA

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hey man, have you sent an RTT and if so, when? CoPR expired on July 2020. Paris VO. Sent several emails since 23 November. 0 news so far.

A family member in Canada told me that federal workers are lazy as hell and because of covid they all work from home without anyone supervising them or their work productivity. She told me that with the new travel restrictions just declared by Trudeau there's little hope that things will move for me. I hope she's right. I quit my job to go to Canada but I think I'm going to start applying for jobs here again starting on Monday because who knows how long this is gonna take.
I have raised multiple RTT webforms from the month of August. And in October got four pointer email. Even though provided all the documents, no updates till now

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Of course, Isn't that obvious.for perspective, it makes a reasonable economic proposition to extend the vacation which likely costs less than 3 day quarantine. Neverthless, Any hope for COPRs being exempted?
I dont think so as it gonna beat the whole purpose of stop the spread of virus. As per news, travellers coming to Canada contribute 2% in virus spreading but they want to make it to 0%.

Also, this could be the safeguard to ease out current travel restrictions and make way to CoPR holders issued after 18th March 2020 and other applicants.

Reactions: nathan2020EE

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Is there anyone else who does not have any progress on their expired COPR. My COPR expired on April 2020, I've sent the ready to travel web forms, proactively sent the four questions' answers since I did not get the four pointer mail, but the only response I got was we are processing your application. I have had no ghost updates on my profile, no request for re medical. I am seriously getting worried now since it's almost a year now that my travel plans have cancelled.
Hi my CoPR expired on June. Even I have no updates in gc key account or emails

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I think hope has also lost hope. It should not be for the people who are coming in 1st time and not returning but that does not seems to be a possibility. If COPR holders are exempted then that would be the bravest decision taken by JT government. I would be really impressed if he goes against his citizens.