+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi all, need some help.
I was asked to redo medicals on 16-Dec by CIC; I completed by meds on 6-Jan.
Now my gc-key account shows : "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details."

Any ideas?
Thanks
Sometimes it takes 3 weeks for the results to get updated. You can call the hospital and ask or upload the medical receipt through web form.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Sometimes it takes 3 weeks for the results to get updated. You can call the hospital and ask or upload the medical receipt through web form.
I had already raised a webform 2 days back with the medical receipts.
I'm really hoping its a glitch in the system.
Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: crackMBA

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Nope. Travel restrictions are still in place and are more strict these days. New CoPRs holders issued post 18th March 2020 do not require AL is said in some other context.
Hi!

In chat groups, people have been taking a chance (to avoid COPR expiry) and traveling inspite of having a post March 18th approved COPR since quite a few people were lucky not to be barred entry. It seems the March 18th rule isn't enforced well.

You mentioned they are strict these days...any reason or cases you know of wherein people were denied entry?

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Yes, you can do that. Make sure you have PR Cad delivery address sorted. Also make sure you complete at least 2 years to get your PR Card renewed. If you are not ready to travel, you can extend your plan to a certain extend.
Shall keep posted on the developments :)

Reactions: crackMBA

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
Currently IRCC is only issuing an AL and allowing applicants to travel with expired documents.
Thank you again @legalfalcon. Is it advisable to let my AL's validity expire and wait for IRCC to reach out to me again possibly with a new re-issued AL, as I had requested? A gentle reminder that my CoPR and PRV had been extended after medicals and are valid until Nov. 2021. I have this odd feeling that I'm risking not being re-issued an AL for later travel or maybe I'm just thinking to much into this?

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi all,I need your advice and help.
Me and my family have not received any updates on GC key account or Al by email. We have not got any remedical request also.
So planning to go for remedicals rather than waiting for their request. Could you please help me with what letter should we provide in the hospital. Is the first invitation letter we received or is there anything else?

Fasiuddin

Jun 8, 2018
Hi all,I need your advice and help.
Me and my family have not received any updates on GC key account or Al by email. We have not got any remedical request also.
So planning to go for remedicals rather than waiting for their request. Could you please help me with what letter should we provide in the hospital. Is the first invitation letter we received or is there anything else?
In near future if IRCC gave you IME number for medicals then upfront medicals what you did may not be uploaded by hospital on these new IME number.

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
In near future if IRCC gave you IME number for medicals then upfront medicals what you did may not be uploaded by hospital on these new IME number.
We have done medicals in August 2019 when we received our invitation.
We had our consultancy to guide us. Right now we have withdrawn from them. So don't know what to do.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi!

In chat groups, people have been taking a chance (to avoid COPR expiry) and traveling inspite of having a post March 18th approved COPR since quite a few people were lucky not to be barred entry. It seems the March 18th rule isn't enforced well.

You mentioned they are strict these days...any reason or cases you know of wherein people were denied entry?
If you have a valid reason to travel i.e. a job offer or something like that then its fine. One should not travel on the mercy of airport and immigration officials.

There is one in the thread (post 18th March CoPR holder) who received AL for travel because he has a job offer and contacted IRCC for allowing him to travel.

achisho

Jan 17, 2021
Hi everyone, are there any impacts when it comes to PR card process for people landing in Canada with a a post March 18th approved COPR?

Growthhacker2021

Jan 11, 2021
Did you receive a IMME Letter for remeds in your account? If yes then not sure how the upfront remeds you did would be aligned to it. This is the reason why proactively doing the remeds should be avoided as it might create some confusion. Since you have a consultant I would suggest to take their advise first.
Hello @whyCorona

I received an email on 16th Jan 2020 regarding my upfront medicals that I did on 16th Dec 2020 before receiving the request from IRCC.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

I also got my Medicals done gain with the IME number (IMM 1017E) on 13th Jan ..

So which medicals would be updated faster in the system?

Also I got a Request Letter asking For IMM 5669E Schedule A. Is this a step towards PR?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
If you have a valid reason to travel i.e. a job offer or something like that then its fine. One should not travel on the mercy of airport and immigration officials.

There is one in the thread (post 18th March CoPR holder) who received AL for travel because he has a job offer and contacted IRCC for allowing him to travel.
Can you send me the link of this post 18 March group?

Thanks

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello @whyCorona

I received an email on 16th Jan 2020 regarding my upfront medicals that I did on 16th Dec 2020 before receiving the request from IRCC.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

I also got my Medicals done gain with the IME number (IMM 1017E) on 13th Jan ..

So which medicals would be updated faster in the system?

Also I got a Request Letter asking For IMM 5669E Schedule A. Is this a step towards PR?
A month :O they sure r taking their own sweet time :(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you again @legalfalcon. Is it advisable to let my AL's validity expire and wait for IRCC to reach out to me again possibly with a new re-issued AL, as I had requested? A gentle reminder that my CoPR and PRV had been extended after medicals and are valid until Nov. 2021. I have this odd feeling that I'm risking not being re-issued an AL for later travel or maybe I'm just thinking to much into this?
If you have a AL, you can travel. If you chose not to, then you will have to get back to IRCC and request AL or wait until when the situation is back to normal.

The new rules and guidelines all came up in the last few months and there is no standard protocol for them.

If your AL expires and you do not travel then you will have to wait until travel restrictions are eased or you obtain a new one. Until how long you may have to wait, no one knows.