+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
This is because of the stupid Canadians who are going to South America and Caribbean for sun and avoid the winters, so called "snow birds" in Canada.
What are the chances of banning international air travel? Not sure if flights from India would be impacted as there is Air Bubble agreement till March 2021.

Public Health Canada has come up with some data modelling which suggests that cases might double at alarming rate in few weeks if corrective actions are not taken. Not sure what kinda corrective actions they gonna take.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
What are the chances of banning international air travel? Not sure if flights from India would be impacted as there is Air Bubble agreement till March 2021.

Public Health Canada has come up with some data modelling which suggests that cases might double at alarming rate in few weeks if corrective actions are not taken. Not sure what kinda corrective actions they gonna take.
It sure is a cause of concern as before UK strain Canada's COVID cases peaked around 2700.. Now the daily average is about 7000

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

No flights will be banned. It may be banned but only for limited period like they did it for UK. Its only the people inside Canada who are not following the rules. Travelers have only contributed 1.5% of total case(data released by health ministry).

Canada is in worse situation than India.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
It sure is a cause of concern as before UK strain Canada's COVID cases peaked around 2700.. Now the daily average is about 7000
That is all because of indoor gathering and people not following the 14 day quarantine rules(These are majorly Canadian Citizens). Travel has nothing to do with this. Travel is never the major contributor. It is always the people in your own country.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020

The problem there is that they are not doing enough testing. Most of the countries are providing at the airport testing centres for travellers which is mandatory . There are other strategies than just flight ban. If more tests are done it will be easier to do contact tracing and prevent the spread.

It is obvious to see such a peak because many travelled outside for holidays disregarding the regulations.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
The problem there is that they are not doing enough testing. Most of the countries are providing at the airport testing centres for travellers which is mandatory . There are other strategies than just flight ban. If more tests are done it will be easier to do contact tracing and prevent the spread.

It is obvious to see such a peak because many travelled outside for holidays disregarding the regulations.
They have testing at Pearson and Calgary airport but testing at airport but testing at airport does not mean you will be tested positive even if you have it. It take 3-4 days to test positive.

Its same everywhere. People of their own country are not following the rules. Just read about violations story in Quebec and Ontario even after hard lockdown and people giving lame excuses.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
They have testing at Pearson and Calgary airport but testing at airport but testing at airport does not mean you will be tested positive even if you have it. It take 3-4 days to test positive.

Its same everywhere. People of their own country are not following the rules. Just read about violations story in Quebec and Ontario even after hard lockdown and people giving lame excuses.
Yeah i was following a popular site called narcitycanada. Lot of them are not abiding to the restrictions

EESH

Apr 16, 2019
Quick question, our COPR from before 18 MAR 2020 has already expired.

We have now moved to another address in our country. Is it required to submit a webform to IRCC about this change?

Thanks to anyone who may know.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Quick question, our COPR from before 18 MAR 2020 has already expired.

We have now moved to another address in our country. Is it required to submit a webform to IRCC about this change?

Thanks to anyone who may know.
If it matters to you it is is good to inform or if you think change in address can affect your file processing.

Last edited:

andrew325

Jan 15, 2018
Hi all, I have a bit strange question. I do arrive to vancouver on the 18th Jan, my spouse on the 23 Jan. We booked the same apt to quarantine. Are we allowed to do this? Or we should get quarantined separately?

Thanks!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi all, I have a bit strange question. I do arrive to vancouver on the 18th Jan, my spouse on the 23 Jan. We booked the same apt to quarantine. Are we allowed to do this? Or we should get quarantined separately?

Thanks!
You can do it in same apartment if you make sure to have access to food and groceries for 14 days (you and your spouse) without leaving your stay.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Thanks!
There should not be any problem. To be on safe side, be quarantined with your wife for extra 5 days. Book your airbnb/hotel for longer period

Omd19

Jan 14, 2021
Hi, I have an odd question and don't know if anybody might know the answer.

I am from Iraq and live there, my PPR email was sent by Paris Visa office. The email is official and all, but I'm just wondering why does Paris VO send it?