+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hey everyone

I just logged in my GC key and the current status was showing application/profile updated but I cudnt see any update. Also after logging in again it showed approved. So was it a technical glitch or a ghost update. Anybody else experienced it too ?? My VO is NDVO. Went for my remedicals last week.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Yes, this is normal. You need to redo the meds as instructed in order to issue a AL or new CoPR.
thankyou @crackMBA and @whyCorona

This could be a ‘find pin in the haystack’ kind of question, but would you be able to know (from your experience answering so many queries) the timeline for receiving the copr request post remedicals, considering that the process was approved and completed once.

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Dear all,

I will be writing to IRCC COMMITTEE FOR RECOMMENDATION on how the expired COPRS CASES COULD HAVE BEEN better handled or should be handled for the ones who are still waiting a decision
even the ones issued post March 18th will have an expired COPR and that will be handled too ..
I hope in a rather professional manner than us
Can you help me compiling the points that we can recommend -
Admin help would be required!!
Please tag me for the points you mention
Once I compile I will share the points and the final letter to you all too
Guys/gals don't take it personal following points are for the sake of argument, and we agree to disagree

Point number 1: is it only the post March 18 COPR holders who will contribute to the spread of virus and Pre March 18 approvals are somehow immune.
Point number 2: are the students immune to this virus, as they have been allowed to travel.
Point number 3: filming crews have been getting visas and they have been traveling. I doubt they would have quarantined for 14 days before filming.
Point number 4: families with children have additional worries. Children are getting impatient and keep on asking about the travel time-frame.

will add more if something comes to my mind

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
That is all because of indoor gathering and people not following the 14 day quarantine rules(These are majorly Canadian Citizens). Travel has nothing to do with this. Travel is never the major contributor. It is always the people in your own country.
Your right but govts always make international travellers suffer.Copr holders have already suffered a lot.Now those who have got AL if again they have to lose the AL due to lockdown it wud be worst thing in life.I just hope nothing like that happens.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Heard a news about travel restrictions.

https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/trudeau-canada-would-consider-an-international-travel-ban.html

Any idea abt it?
@legalfalcon pls update have you heard any chances of such lockdown again.Has anyone heard this news?
With new rule of CoVID 19 negative report prior to boarding and 14 days mandatory quarantine, I don't think they gonna ban the international travel. I believe direct flights should be safe and last in the queue if it gets to banning the international flights.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
It is a possibility, UK has recently imposed a ban on flights from some South American countries. Trudeau and company are sending similar signals
Are they thinking of banning entire world or south american countries only?If they ban flights from India travel bubble will still be operational right?Even when earlier they had banned pr citizens and copr were allowed..What do you all think.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
With new rule of CoVID 19 negative report prior to boarding and 14 days mandatory quarantine, I don't think they gonna ban the international travel. I believe direct flights should be safe and last in the queue if it gets to banning the international flights.
Thanks for these positive words ...lil .relief.When are you travelling..next week right?

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Are they thinking of banning entire world or south american countries only?If they ban flights from India travel bubble will still be operational right?Even when earlier they had banned pr citizens and copr were allowed..What do you all think.
Honestly, I don't know. These politicians have PhDs in twisting words and make nonsense sound interesting to their voters

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Guys, Is there a chance of losing our PR due to expired COPR? I mean, with the way the extensions are given at present. we were anxious till the COPR is issued and every one is struggling now with the extensions.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hey everyone

I just logged in my GC key and the current status was showing application/profile updated but I cudnt see any update. Also after logging in again it showed approved. So was it a technical glitch or a ghost update. Anybody else experienced it too ?? My VO is NDVO. Went for my remedicals last week.
Clear sign they r working on ur application.. when did u check status and when did you submit medicals?

Also how did u submit medicals ?through webform?